Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,383

nessisonett

@The_Moose Yeah, as @MightyDemon82 says, it’s practically Scottish tradition to support literally anybody but England. Don’t understand why English people wouldn’t support them though, the only stuff I see like that is the usual numpties booing them taking the knee. Like, Scotland might be rubbish and I know they’re rubbish but I’ll still support them while getting annoyed about how obviously rubbish they are.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Scotland back to playing mince as per usual. Was worried that we might actually be decent now but false alarm.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett If Scotland can't beat Armenia tonight.... Yeesh. 😬

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder After the Ireland game anything’s possible! My mate took her (English) girlfriend to the last Armenia game where we won 2-0 so she was just glad she picked the right game to grab tickets for 😂

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Thank the Lord we actually played well after a very very shaky start. Fingers crossed for England now, basically the only situation I’d support them in 😂

sorteddan

Not gonna blame the manager, the players, the tactics, the fatigue after a long season or any other reason that you can come up with
I'm putting the blame firmly on the temporary support of the jinxed @nessisonett

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd I bet not many would have predicted Hungary top after 4 games in a group with England, Italy and Germany. Looks like we might get 'relegated'.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@sorteddan I genuinely think I may be jinxed. Apologies to the English here 😬

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
I was saying to a mate after the Italy bore that I hope we did get relegated just so we could have a promotion push next time. Kind of like an international Norwich, at least every other season is successful

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I have no interest in the united nations league, but there is no denying that was a shocker of a result. Good job in doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder You’ve just got to hope they get it out their system before the World Cup. For once, you’ll be glad it’s in the Winter!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah hopefully only a blip. We beat Germany 5-1 before a tournament and I think they went on to win the tournament! 😂

BearsEatBeets

Maybe I'm old now but I've no idea who these people singing before the Women's Cup Final are. Trying to listen to the analysis of the F1 GP and keep track on the Commonwealth games at the same time though.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Thrillho

Yes Lionesses!

Incredible finish for the first goal and then absolute text book time wasting at the end

Thrillho

nessisonett

Congrats to the Lionesses, they were easily the best team all tournament and definitely deserved it. It was honestly a really great tournament all round, the quality was there and it was incredibly clean, with far less piss-taking compared to the men’s game. Nice to see them do one better than the men’s team too!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic