Quite the offside. Not even sure what I think about it 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Can't see Liverpool getting past the Courtois and Madrid's defending ☹️

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

What a frustrating night for Liverpool. Courtois did put in one of the best performances I’ve seen by a keeper though.

JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets wrote:

Well played Real Madrid. Defended brilliantly.

Untitled

Yes. Indeed. A season of almosts and not just get over the line. Still a good season overall and not the failure like some would like to think.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Yes still a successful season. Good to win the domestic cups for the first time in a good while and run City so close in the league. Just disappointing last night. I firmly believe if they replayed that match 10 times Liverpool would win 7/8 of them, just a shame they couldn't get it done on the night.
I've yet to hear anything about Mane. Thought he was going to make an announcement about his future after the game.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah that is what I heard about Mane too, but maybe he thought the timing wasn't right. But I'm hearing will ask to leave with Bayern Munich the likey destination, with the fee being as low as 30 - 50 million quid. Only rumours at the mo so to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Liverpool the city is a place near & dear to my heart having spent my early 20’s there.

However this couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team.

Jamie Carragher saying for months how RM have no chance in hell & getting absolutely humbled. Perfectly personified by him paying Micah Richards on live TV was gold.

Salah saying that he wanted RM for what happened in the last final & the British media championing & downplaying any team not from the PL.

It was meant to be. I don’t think there’s ever been a harder route for the eventual champions. Loose against Sheriff in the group stage, then beat PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool. Best CL in years imo.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

Grant Hanley is an absolute liability. Scotland may be better than they’ve been in a while but they’re shocking defensively.

nessisonett

@R1spam Yeah, it’s hard to feel too bad given it’s Ukraine. At the same time, it’s a disappointment! Scotland never really held possession and while Craig Gordon played a great game yet again, he was also let down by his defence yet again. He must be frustrated after every game, club and country.

nessisonett

Really happy for Wales getting to the World Cup, at least it gives me a country to get behind! Crazy to think the last time they played at a World Cup, they lost to Pelé 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah that is good for them, especially as Rugby has been the most popular sport for so long over there. I always kinda support Wales (except when they play England obvs), having lived there for 20 odd years!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Considering I was raised on the whole ‘anybody but England’ attitude, it’s got to be Wales out of that group! Although there are of course exceptions to that rule, I actually really do like Southgate as a guy and the team just now are all likeable people. New rule is ‘anybody but England except if they’re playing against a country with racist fans’ 😂

The_Moose

@nessisonett I've never understood this self loathing attitude towards the England football team. I'm not suggesting you are English, I have no idea where you're from, but the rule applies to those who carry the view (I have an in-law that way inclined). If you're born in the country, I don't understand why people don't just support them really.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

MightyDemon82

@The_Moose it's a Scottish thing but it's all in good fun really, I mean we still hear about 66' like it was yesterday. So as Scots we will support the team that they are playing against. There is no real malice in it, I'm constantly taking the Mickey of my English brother in-laws and nephews when there is a tournament on!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

The_Moose

@MightyDemon82 Ah yeah I mean as I'm from England I'm more than aware of the "Auld Enemies" derby and it's a good game (though terrifying watching them play).

I can understand the Scottish and Welsh supporters having that attitude towards England and vice versa but I know a very vocal minority in England exists who were born, raised and have family who are all English yet absolutely despise the team and would rather eat barbed wire than watch and support England.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic