Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,383

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty Like he said, because they are so far ahead in top spot. Simples. Anyway, we do not know for definetly that situation will ever happen, it's not been decided yet.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder Yes but who goes into the CL? You can't just finish the season for one club and not 19 others, not imo anyway.

I haven't got a problem with them being declared Champions but the decision can't be based on what's in the interests of one club over 91 others can it?

In an ideal world the season can still be completed but if the worst comes to the worst than, unfortunately for the Scousers, the decision has to be taken to declare this season as null and void. It's the most logical outcome.

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty Well that has not been decided yet, so we do not know for sure yet. It is just beacuse they are so far in front, it it was any other team it would be the same. It just happens to Liverpool currently.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder I still think it would be a sign of preferential treatment and unfair on lots of other teams.

It's not their fault BUT if the were the only prize to be decided it would just make them even more loathed and people will be proper going after them next season.

They're just going to have to suck it up!

Col_McCafferty

themcnoisy

I honestly think they should play the next set of games behind closed doors, maybe even plan the closest in distance 4 fixtures (2 home / 2 away) and make every team aware that due to unforseen circumstances that the season will be concluded in 4 games time. All cup competitions will be voided.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league being an Everton fan. But rather that than an illegitimate competition. Seems like the last 28 games have been a waste of time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy That is entirely possible and probably the most sensible solution for everyone involved. UEFA may postpone Euro 20 until next year (we will most likely know more after the meeting tomos), especially as the tournament is being staged across Europe. This will potentially leave a gap in the calendar for any fixtures that may need to take place.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder They must be tempted to bin Euro 2020 completely at this point. I doubt they ever would as they'd lose out on lots of revenue, but it would make everything so much easier for every league in Europe. The domestic leagues aren't UEFA's problem though, I guess.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ZeroOverOne

Looks like as soon as we get on a good run of winning games and keeping clean sheets some virus has to stop all the fun huh... Was so tempted to see Bruno and the boys battering Spurs but looks like this ain’t happening bus Son is gonna be back in their squad smh

ZeroOverOne

nessisonett

There we go, Liverpool have won the league! I guess they’re probably my English team in the sense that Liverpool and Celtic are pretty much affiliated but I’ve never been that much into the Premier League. Good for the fans though, it’s been quite a few years in the making!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

I got banished to the garden and had to listen to the footie on the radio. It's not much of a garden but we've got a decent view out back, and can see over towards Liverpool way. As soon as the final whistle went I could see fireworks going off on the horizon. Great stuff, I'm happy for them, they deserve it. My brother in law supports them as well so I've got a soft spot for them

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 Forgot the footy was on tonight, came home from work, daughter to bed, had my tea and needed the toilet. Sat there and then a load of fireworks went off. Was like wtf is going on!!!

Initially I thought it was some prolonged clap for carers.

nessisonett

@Gremio108 If they don’t rename The Kop to The Klopp, I’ll riot.

themcnoisy

I understand the outpouring of emotion. If Everton won the league I would be over the moon. But going to Anfield and not socially distancing is a bit silly, I've got cars to sell and need these scousers as healthy as possible!!!

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy C'mon mate it has been 30 years, no one really expected everyone to stay inside and celebrate when it eventually happened, did they?

I'm obviously over the moon to finally get it done. No slip ups or throwing it all away in the last few games this time. I've not been able to totally get back into the football since it has restarted, just feels a bit soulless with any fans in the stadium.

BearsEatBeets

Untitled

Part of me wanted it go to the next game so we could win it by beating Man City at their own stadium, but someone pointed out that they should do a guard of honour there now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ApostateMage

I'm absolutely chuffed. Gutted that I couldn't pop over to Anfield to join in the celebrations.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Oh man, that year where Stevie G fell over and threw away the title is an absolute classic. He’s Rangers manager now though so he’s dead to me.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah that would have been sweet. Loved seeing the pictures of Klopp dancing the night away last night.

@nessisonett Can't imagine him being there for too much longer, a club in the championship will probably snap him up before long. We've had so many almost moments over the years, it's a bit a relief we have finally done it.

nessisonett

My poor Papa’s team, Partick Thistle, were relegated to the third tier through a vote to end the season early. It’s a shame, they were in the top tier only a few years ago but it’s been a tough few years and they’ve been mostly crap. Still have no idea why there’s so many famous supporters (David Hasselhoff??) but it’s a nice club and doesn’t get involved in the violence and sectarianism the others do. I absolutely love the mascot too.
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic