Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,383

nessisonett

@themcnoisy That sounds like a really fun group to watch. I’m a bit iffy on Scotland’s group, Israel again and Slovakia and Czech Republic is a pretty hard group. A lot of long flights too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Still do not understand or see the point of the Nations League. Apart from Sky to charge us to watch international matches. These all used to be friendlies that used to be in terrestrial tv.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I think it’s just a way to make friendlies mean something. Obviously part of that is to make money 😂😂

themcnoisy

@nessisonett hard lines. I'm hoping Scotland have a rebound when it comes to producing players, Andy Robertson is obviously a class act but after that I'm not sure who else could get into a Great British 11. James Forrest maybe as a sub. Used to love watching Scottish footy back in the early 90s. The quality was as good as the English league.

@JohnnyShoulder I quite like it. Gibraltar vs San Marino may not be the greatest game ever. Yet they have a good chance of having a relatively even international game. Depending on what happens I quite fancy going to the game at Gibraltar, been a few times but never to watch a game. As @nessisonett mentioned, Scotland group isn't great but imo have a better chance of getting a few wins with teams at a similar level.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Our two best players are left backs 😭😭😭

nessisonett

@DonJorginho I assume you’ll be chuffed then 😉

DonJorginho

@nessisonett Very chuffed mate! Was a superb counter attacking masterclass from Chelsea as we shut down a pretty strong Liverpool team.

Billy Gilmour is the Scottish Iniesta.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Klopp has been criticised for not taking the cup serious enough and fielding a weakened team. sigh

Personally I thought the teams were quite evenly matched when I saw the line ups, Chelsea had a few more older heads on the pitch. A more inexperienced Liverpool side did beat Everton's first eleven in a previous side, but people seem to disregard stuff that goes on before.

But we'll done Chelski, they were the better side on the night and fully deserved the win.

It's officially a blip for us, just wish it happened after the league was tied up.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I thought you started well, as our defence was suspect and easy to target, but thanks to some wasteful finishing and great keeping from Kepa we managed to hold on until we got our chance.

Klopp has never cared too much for the domestic cups but who can blame him when they won a UCL instead and soon to be a Premier League.

It is hard to say if you go through in the UCL, depends on whether you bounce back well and get a decent run together with Bournemouth before hand.

I don't rate him too much but it is clear to see how much you guys miss Hendo.

DonJorginho

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’m trying to work out whether Chelski is a typo or joke about Roman Abramovich 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The latter!
Man Ure & Manc Citeh are my faves. See also Liverpoo.

themcnoisy

Serious talk about the Premier league season being cancelled and voided. There are limited legal ramifications for voiding a season, its a whole minefield if they change the rules to have winners and losers based on redefined parameters.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Hahahaha, if that genuinely happens then Liverpool still wouldn’t have won in years. Even Stevie G’s slip wasn’t this close!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Think they have confirmed Liverpool would still be awarded the title if the season ends as it is now.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy There is not really. The season in due to restart on April 4th. There is another meeting on Thursday, which things will be a bit clearer as UEFA have one on Tuesday to decide what will happen with the Euros this year. Everything else we are hearing at the moment is speculation and people commenting on what might happen. I've stopped paying attention to it all until then, as there is no football on, this all that pundits and so called experts are talking about.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Col_McCafferty

So Liverpool get the title but nothing else is decided? Can't see the likes of Leicester, Villa, Leeds, WBA and others being happy about that. Why are Liverpool such a special case?

The season may be finished but the majority of games will end up being played behind closed doors and I don't think that suits anyone.

IF games can't be started before the end of April then the season needs to be written off. It's that bloody simple.

Col_McCafferty

BearsEatBeets

@Col_McCafferty Liverpool are a special case because they are so far in front that the other teams consider it an eventuality they will win. I'm personally hoping that things work out and they can get the games done to finish it properly. I'm a Liverpool supporter and know that if the title was awarded to them this way the record would always have an asterisk against it. Also rival fans would constantly bring it up in terms of titles.
Like @JohnnyShoulder mentioned we should have a better idea whats possible next week.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah hopefully it won't come to that. I've already heard some fans of other teams say something along the lines of that they won't consider it a true premier league title.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah Liverpool undoubtedly would have won the league regardless but it’s added drama that the other teams’ fans will exploit for years to come.

Col_McCafferty

@BearsEatBeets But as I said, why should Liverpool be made a special case? And if you award them the title what about the CL places or teams fighting for promotion? Don't they matter?

It would be bad for Liverpool but let's be honest here, the whole of football can't make a decision based solely on the interests of one club.

Also, they'd be favourites next season and imagine how much sweeter victory would feel if they shrugged off the disappointment of this season only to win it next year anyway!

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic