Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,383

Wesker

@themcnoisy Lol! No. That’s not going to happen mate. We’re a top 6 club. With a better strategy, Arsenal could easily be sitting in 3rd place right now. Issues need to be solved like the defense, protecting the defense, accommodating Ozil, playing to Auba’s strengths... There’s is plenty of potential that a top coach could unleash.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

themcnoisy

@Wesker Hahaha 😂 That's a good one you nearly had me at top 6 but top 3? Come on Wesker.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Wesker

@themcnoisy We have the best striker in the league. The service he gets though is awful. Our defense is not that bad, it just needs more protection from the midfield. Pepe as well is full of potential. If Arteta, can make them gel, the potential is there. They just need to work together.

Wesker

BAMozzy

Best striker in the league?? Kane, Aguero, Mane, Salah, Vardy and Sterling may all have something to say about that. There is no doubt that Aubameyang would be amongst those names but to say he is the 'best' rather than one of the best is a stretch...

Salah would have to rank as perhaps the best currently with his goal involvement - not just the one putting the ball in the net but assisting his team mates too. I think the 'best' striker would have the best 'goal involvement' figures which is determined by Goals/Assists per 90mins (or could be a goal/assist every 'X' mins with the lowest value of 'X' determining the best striker). The amount of Goals AND Assists he has had in his time at Liverpool is astounding - especially as he plays more as a winger a lot of the time rather than just a Striker.

Having the best striker though doesn't guarantee a top 6 (let alone top 3) if they can't defend, can't create chances etc...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

andreoni79

Looks like Ashley Young is a new Inter player, but I don't know him at all... Why did he leave Man Utd?
BTW, let's hope he is as bad as Lukaku (18 goals so far)!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 Man U also offered him a new contract and he rejected it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

Thanks for answering!
I wonder if his arrival is connected with Lukaku's new bed: it looks there's enough space for Pogba too.
Untitled

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

At least Celtic have made one signing. One. Measly. Signing. The board hate spending money and Rangers are seriously catching up so it’s tense in the absolute car crash that is the Scottish league.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Could be the difference between getting into the top 4.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder If we manage to get Mertens I say we finish in top four, but if we don't then I say we will drop out as we need support for Tammy.

DonJorginho

Thrillho

@DonJorginho Luckily for Chelsea, the rest of the league are doing the upmost to not take 4th place.

Thrillho

DonJorginho

@Thrillho With Tottenham, Arsenal and United all making smart signings I can see us finishing 7th.

All thanks to our wonderful board for not backing a club legend when he was begging on national telly for signings.

It has been confirmed in the last 20 minutes that we are signing no-one and are keeping Giroud.

DonJorginho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I imagine Man City sitting round a table saying ‘Well we’ve done well the last few years but let’s give Leicester a go, eh?’

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Yeah didn't think the Mertens deal would happen. Mind you liverpool didn't sign anyone last summer and look where we are now.

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder And only signed Minamino for £7.25m (at least in terms of first team players) this window. I can see Liverpool looking for wingers in the next window - losing Salah and Mane (as well as Keita of course) for the Africa Cup of Nations will hit hard.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

DonJorginho

ZIYECH IS A BLUE!!!

Untitled

Hakim Ziyech will join Chelsea FC on July 1st 2020 for a fee around £38m.

In his Ajax Career in 160 appearances so far he has registered 48 goals and 82 assists, with some of these coming in important UCL ties against the likes of Juventus, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur.

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

nessisonett

@DonJorginho That’s not a bad price at all. Shame they couldn’t nab him in January but he’s a great talent which Chelsea really need right now.

DonJorginho

@Arugula I think he is an average winger but if we play him in the 10 we could have something special in Ziyech indeed, a very good bargain seeing as we paid £40m for Bakayoko in the past.

Now we just need a ST, LB and a winger.

My personal targets for each position:

ST - Moussa Dembele, Raul Jimenez, Odsonne Édouard.
RW/LW - Jadon Sancho, Jeremie Boga, Samuel Chukwueze
LB - Grimaldo, Telles, Jose Gaya.

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@nessisonett I agree, it was stupid how we did not get someone in, but I will take quality bargain signings like this over another Ross Barkley or Drinkwater on Deadline Day!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Arugula I like Suso a lot but I will be honest I completely forgot about him! But I am not surprised I have done so after looking at his stats this season, hope he picks up form in Spain.

DonJorginho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic