Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 681 to 700 of 760

Fooligan

Did you guys see NXT? I only got to see Ciampa vs Gargano (I don't have the network) but that match was great. That ending was... WOW.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Splat

The pop Daniel Bryan is going to get will be insane!

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew | Twitter:

Tasuki

Wow it's good that I am not a betting man because I would have lost alot of money on my predictions for WrestleMania. Still I thought it was good overall alot of surprises especially the outcomes to matches.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

Finished watching Mania. I swear they're getting longer and longer. 2 hours pre-show, 5 hours 30mins for the main show. That's insane.

Some takeaways:
-Ronda Rousey might have had the greatest debut of all time. She looked like a natural out there. Everything she did looked so crisp. Incredible.
-Bryan's return was the absolute highlight of the show to me. Guy will never not be OVER. He looked a bit smaller than usual, but I'm sure he's working himself back up to ring shape.
-AJ/Nakamura severely under delivered imo. I'm not going to say the match was bad, but I wouldn't call it good either...
-Brock/Roman was terrible. Possibly the worst main event in over 10 years (Taker/Roman was bad, but at least people cared).

Weird Mania. The Mixed Tag match was my MOTN. Some great moments, but all in all it under delivered. 6/10.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight I thought the Styles/Nakamura fight was good obviously they are building for a SummerSlam match between the two and I thought this match was a good match to start things off on that path (especially for those who didnt see their Wrestle Kingdom match) and most importantly it established Nakamura's heel turn something which I wasn't surprised that WWE didn't do alot sooner.

Ronda yes I agree she looked like a natural out there and I can see her doing well provided she stays health and the writers don't mess things up.

Lesnar/Regins well, I truely hope that the rumors are true and this will be their last fight cause I don't think I could stand to watch another.

The rest of the matches were gold.just forgetable which is sad if you think about it even the Taker/Cena match. Yeah the theatrics were great but honestly that match could have easily been a Raw match. The same with most of the matches.

I will say though the woman's matches were outstanding.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Something must've gone wrong in the Lesnar/Reigns match. Brock seemed p###ed and just bolted out of there. He also swore after the third F5(?) & then Mania went off air rather abruptly.

Lesnar/Reigns has been announced for that Saudi event, but I sincerely hope I'll never have to see those two in a Mania main event again.

Agree the women were great. I could buy Charlotte/Rousey as a WrestleMania main event.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Well it didn't go off abruptly, after the highlights they had a segment with Roman afterwards. However I did notice that with Brock but I don't know if he was selling it or was genuine angry. Still, as I said I hope all the rumors I hear are true.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki They must have cut that. I just re-watched the last ten minutes on the Network. Brock nails him with the F5 smiles and leaves->video highlights package->Roman gingerly walks up the ramp. Last image is of Roman on top of the ramp with the back to the crowd. No fire works- nothing, not even Cole sending the show off. Strange.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

RR529

Heard rumors that Roman was supposed to win at WrestleMania, but they changed plans last minute because the crowd booed him during his entrance (the idea being that they're going to have him win the title during The Greatest Royal Rumble, betting on the Saudi Arabian crowd being more receptive of him). That, and the part where Brock cut open Roman was unplanned and the powers that be were p***** that they did it (tryin' to keep that PG image).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 The plan was changed due to Brock resigning with WWE. Origianlly he was teasing that he was going to sign with UFC but in the end he resigned with WWE. Roman was going to win, but with Brock resigning they didn't need Brock to drop the belt. From what I heard, is the Roman refused to stay down when he was told that Brock was going to win which upsetted Brock and which is why he busted Roman open and left immediately after the match.

From what I have heard and these may be rumors is that Brock will keep the title till Summerslam where he will drop to Lashley. Doing so will cause Brock to break the longest title reign record currently held by C.M. Punk which we know how WWE feels about him.

As for Roman after Saudi Arabia he's set to be in a feud with Samoa Joe.

My Backlog

Kyroki

Lashley vs Lesnar at Summerslam would be awesome! I'm interested to see what they do with Ronda Rousey though. I'd like to see her vs Mickie James at Backlash but I've no idea if they'll do that or not. They may put Mickie against Natalya or maybe have a tag-team match with Natalya and Ronda teaming up, but like I said, I'm not sure they'll go that direction. Still, I'm interested to see which direction they decide to go with Ronda.

Add my PSN: iKyr0ki
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: Kyr0ki_ | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Kyroki Lesnar vs Lashley would be awesome, it reminds me of the dream match we never got years ago Lesnar vs Batista. I wanted to see the match so bad but by the time Batista became a main eventer Brock had left the company so instead we got Cena vs Batista.

My Backlog

Kyroki

@Tasuki I honestly thought that was the reason Lashley was brought in — to take the Universal Belt from Lesnar, but we'll see where things go.

Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

Tasuki

@Kyroki That's what I have been reading.and the fact that fans do not want Roman as the face of the company for the next 10.years or.whatever.

My Backlog

Splat

Lashley is in his 40's I highly doubt he is in their long-term plans. I could see him getting a short title run but that's about it. That said I have never really been a Lashley fan. They already have the better version in Brock.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Splat Yeah but Brock's health and his general attitude toward sports entertainment hurts him in the long run. After all that's why he left the first time around. We know that Lashley could be a full time employee unlike Brock.

My Backlog

Kyroki

Not to mention, AJ Styles is in his 40's and he's competing every week, plus he's WWE Champion. So I don't see why Lashley can't do the same.

Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

Tasuki

Right several people have been the face for companies well into their 40s, Ric Flair, Sting just to name a few, so Lashley's age isn't a problem. If anything it will be the type of contract he has with them.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just got done with The Greatest Royal Rumble.

A weird show. Just so strange... 😂.

Event felt big time. Wrestlemania-esque, but it lacked the spectacle & the crowd was a bit flat.
Even the matches were more or less B-tier PPV quality. Every match was good, just not great (although AJ/Naka could’ve been).

Highlight was the Rumble. Lacked star quality, but it was well put together.

MVP of the show: Titus O’Neil😂😂

So many botches.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

shonenjump86

Titus O’Neil will go down in Royal Rumble history lol.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic