Forums

Topic: The Push Square Wrestling Thread.

Posts 661 to 680 of 738

Tasuki

I didn't get a chance to watch it last night, so I will be avoiding this thread for today.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

Watched it last night and I will say this has been one of the best Royal Rumbles in a long time. I hope this continues to be the trend through WrestleMania.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So apparently Daniel Bryan has been cleared by WWE to wrestle again. Personally I liked him but I can't help but think that this just might be a ploy to get him to renew his contract. If it is true I just hope he takes it easy.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki I have not watched SmackDown yet.

But if this is true I'll be subscribing to the Network for life.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Decoy_Snake

Yeah he has, think it's to keep him there rather than lose him

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

RR529

Decided to subscribe to WWE Network so I can watch Wrestlemania this Sunday.

I'm not as big on wrestling as I was when I was younger, but I still casually enjoy Raw & Ring of Honor (not WWE I know) when I catch them, and Wrestlemania is always a fun time so I figured why not.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fight_Teza_Fight

I subscribed to the Network a couple of days ago.

I'm so pumped for Daniel Bryan's return! His promos have been fire!
I have to say though Nakamura/Styles might just be one of the worst build World Title feuds in recent history. Also Cena has been terrible on the mic lately & I reckon we get American Bad### Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight I would be really surprised if we don't get American B.A. Taker at this year's WM as it practically writes itself. With Undertaker leaving his trench, hat and gloves in the ring after last year's loss it could just mean the "Deadman" is gone. Also with Kid Rock being inducted into the HoF they more the likey have him do a performance which obviously will be American Bad---. Also what better match to have then Mr. American Icon Cena vs the American Bad---.

At.least thats my theory.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Yeah I can see that being a thing.
Would love it if we got a biker entrance a la WM19.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

RR529

Watched my first 205 Live (the cruiserweight show) this morning and it was actually pretty fun, especially that fatal-four way.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fight_Teza_Fight

Finished watching the Hall of Fame.
That was long, but thoroughly enjoyable. I might just enjoy it more than WrestleMania itself- it's fascinating.
I really did enjoy everyone, although Ivory went a little crazy there with her 'ceremony'.
Most surprised by Hillbilly Jim- who was a great listen & Goldberg, who seems to have come full circle.

Teared up a little during Mark Henry's speech...the Owen Hart stuff was powerful.

They constantly kept going back to Ronda & I couldn't help but think, what she is thinking as an 'outsider' looking in. It seemed like a few of the inductees were giving her veiled advice. Wrestling is bizarre. It's the only medium where you can go from 'the world strongest man' to 'sexual chocolate' having a hand baby, yet command so much respect.

As for Mania...
Solid card. There should be a lot of great wrestling on display. Personally though I only truly care about McMahon-Bryan vs KO-Zayn Tag match & whether or not Taker/Cena happens (& how), but I expect the rest of the show to be fun.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight The match I am looking the most to is Styles/Nakamura. Those guys had an awesome match a few years ago on Wrestle kingdom and expect no less here. I could care less about Brock/Roman as I could care less about them ushering in the era of Roman. Asuka/Flair has my interest too. Also you never know what surprise there will be for WM. In all this one has me really excited, more so then in years.

My Backlog

Fooligan

Did you guys see NXT? I only got to see Ciampa vs Gargano (I don't have the network) but that match was great. That ending was... WOW.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Splat

The pop Daniel Bryan is going to get will be insane!

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Wow it's good that I am not a betting man because I would have lost alot of money on my predictions for WrestleMania. Still I thought it was good overall alot of surprises especially the outcomes to matches.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

Finished watching Mania. I swear they're getting longer and longer. 2 hours pre-show, 5 hours 30mins for the main show. That's insane.

Some takeaways:
-Ronda Rousey might have had the greatest debut of all time. She looked like a natural out there. Everything she did looked so crisp. Incredible.
-Bryan's return was the absolute highlight of the show to me. Guy will never not be OVER. He looked a bit smaller than usual, but I'm sure he's working himself back up to ring shape.
-AJ/Nakamura severely under delivered imo. I'm not going to say the match was bad, but I wouldn't call it good either...
-Brock/Roman was terrible. Possibly the worst main event in over 10 years (Taker/Roman was bad, but at least people cared).

Weird Mania. The Mixed Tag match was my MOTN. Some great moments, but all in all it under delivered. 6/10.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight I thought the Styles/Nakamura fight was good obviously they are building for a SummerSlam match between the two and I thought this match was a good match to start things off on that path (especially for those who didnt see their Wrestle Kingdom match) and most importantly it established Nakamura's heel turn something which I wasn't surprised that WWE didn't do alot sooner.

Ronda yes I agree she looked like a natural out there and I can see her doing well provided she stays health and the writers don't mess things up.

Lesnar/Regins well, I truely hope that the rumors are true and this will be their last fight cause I don't think I could stand to watch another.

The rest of the matches were gold.just forgetable which is sad if you think about it even the Taker/Cena match. Yeah the theatrics were great but honestly that match could have easily been a Raw match. The same with most of the matches.

I will say though the woman's matches were outstanding.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Something must've gone wrong in the Lesnar/Reigns match. Brock seemed p###ed and just bolted out of there. He also swore after the third F5(?) & then Mania went off air rather abruptly.

Lesnar/Reigns has been announced for that Saudi event, but I sincerely hope I'll never have to see those two in a Mania main event again.

Agree the women were great. I could buy Charlotte/Rousey as a WrestleMania main event.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Well it didn't go off abruptly, after the highlights they had a segment with Roman afterwards. However I did notice that with Brock but I don't know if he was selling it or was genuine angry. Still, as I said I hope all the rumors I hear are true.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki They must have cut that. I just re-watched the last ten minutes on the Network. Brock nails him with the F5 smiles and leaves->video highlights package->Roman gingerly walks up the ramp. Last image is of Roman on top of the ramp with the back to the crowd. No fire works- nothing, not even Cole sending the show off. Strange.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.