Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,192

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud Were you playing black metal? If not, what were you playing? Were you in a band? What are your top 3 non-saxophone Ihsahn albums?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman Nah I wasn't, that was a long time ago when I was mostly into grunge and just jammed a bit with some of my friends.

Top 3 non-saxophone albums for me: angL, Ámr, Arktis.

Sic semper tyrannis

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud Thanks for the recommendations. What other jazz besides Sco do you like?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

Excuse my stupidity but how do you embed a video?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Just paste the shorthand link from YouTube’s ‘share’ button. No tags or anything, it should handle it. ‘Should’ being the operative word of course.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett thank you kindly!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

This song hasn’t left my playlist for over two years. It’s a fun song that always puts a smile on my face and I thought maybe I could try and pass that feeling along. The production is very crisp and clean but not gratingly so, and the saxophone finish is a nice touch. Cheers!

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer The video says it’s unavailable for me, I did say that it ‘should’ work after all 😂😂

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett hey I’m just stoked that I learned how to do it, thanks! If you care to find it on Spotify or something, the song is ‘Miasma’ by Ghost. Worth a listen even if you’re not a fan of the band, as it’s a touch different than their usual output. Have a good one!

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
Is that a medley songs?
Anyway, you won't believe if i like this Punk Metal song from Drummania 8th Mix (Konami).
It is Mad Blast (Drastic Aggresion Style).

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter It’s a DJ mix so it’s sorta more like 8 or 9 tracks all played together to form a collective.

@Jimmer-jammer Honestly, I go back and forth on a lot of metal but I quite like that Ghost embrace the cheesy side of the genre without trying to be too serious!

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett absolutely! They are all in on their shtick, the entirety of Prequelle has a real cheesy throwback feel...good stuff

Jimmer-jammer

@TheIdleCritic Dope, man! Thanks for that. Gotta love the hockey reference as a hockey lover. Cheers

nessisonett

@TheIdleCritic I saw Groove Armada at a festival in 2019 and they were really great live. That festival was honestly great to be honest, De La Soul, Lauryn Hill, Hot Chip, Django Django and strangely Craig Charles did a DJ set!

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman I'm no expert, but I enjoy the cool jazz albums of Miles Davis and of course Kind of Blue, but I'm also quite enamoured with Brad Mehldau.

Sic semper tyrannis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic