Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,197

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Thanks, I'll probably pick that one up then. What do you think of Shygirl? Her stuff seems quite hard to get hold of.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I have to say I wasn’t familiar with her but people seem to be loving her new album. It’s right up my street too so I’ll be sure to check it out.

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

Their best albums (in random order) are Painted Ruins, Shield, Veckatimest, Yellow House.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett What do you think about GFOTY and some of her admittedly "nonsense" views?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I do like her music but then I’m a big fan of the PC Music label in general, way before the 100 gecs ‘fans’ started pretending to enjoy the music. GFOTY essentially is an idiot. PC Music is mostly satirical but GFOTY chose her punchline very badly, when you take all her snarky comments out of context then it looks like just really nasty things to say, especially about black artists. It’s less that she holds nonsense views and more that’s she’s rather clumsy and not particularly good at creating satire, in that she takes certain things too far and picks her targets extremely poorly.

Anti-Matter

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
I like 80's Remix of modern songs and most of them sounds much better than original.
This is one example of 80's Remix i like.

Please reply me.
I tried to discuss with you about my music taste but it seems you have no interest to talk with me because i'm completely different in taste of music, gaming and almost everything.

@nessisonett
What do you think with that 80's remix Lady Gaga song ? 😉

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter It’s interesting because they’ve taken the instrumental track of Sabrina’s Boys Boys Boys, an Italian Disco classic, and then put Lady Gaga’s song over the top. Certainly would have taken a lot of work!

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Every time I see these tunes made in Dreams it blows my mind. It really is quite impressive!

Black_Swordsman

@themcnoisy Shades of Meat Loaf I feel, who is playing the guitar? It is quite epic. Which artist(s) inspired you for the track?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Anti-Matter

@nessisonett
Oh, usually i listen to Happy tunes, 80's Retro, Futuristic tunes, Eurobeat.
But, i also interested with this dark song from DDR UNIVERSE XBOX 360.

Anti-Matter

themcnoisy

@Kidfried thanks man I had y'all in mind when I went this route.

@nessisonett The last track I made is arguably good enough to sit on a game. I am going to upload it later but as it's over 5 minutes share factory doesn't like it lol. Get back on it Nes I can show you the ropes!

@Draco_V_Ecliptic So in Dreams we run jams. RAKeogh (a dreamer) made a few tracks and opened his vault basically to remix. I extracted a couple of bits, made my own drum loops. Then used filters to create that guitar pedal effect. I adjusted a few riffs so it became sad rather than happy and hired Masher. He came up with the lyrics when I sent a brief about grief. Once the lyrics were down I set about tweaking the volumes added the bass and added the flair sounds, the slight hi hats and continuity snip (just after the first chorus). Had a bit of difficulty and absolutely wrecked the initial mix of vocals to the track when I put an eq on top. So individually had to tweak the wave forms. Then it was ready.

My inspiration for going this way was this PushSquare forum. I rarely listen to rock as it just wasn't my scene growing up, you could say my taste in music is overground and commercial (BeeGees, Queen, Diana Ross then House, Techno and more recently hip hop). So yeah this is on you guys!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Good work man! I haven’t seen (or heard) many Dreams creations but the stuff you post is so impressive.

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I'm just uploading some of my recent stuff. Just wait until you hear this stuff I've made for a game!

Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Thrillho here you go. The best tune I will ever make;