Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,192

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Will you/have you already heard Stormzy's new album? Thoughts? What other hip hop do you like? @Th3solution What have you been listening to lately? @Jimmer-jammer I take it you haven't had time to listen to the Mingus album yet, so what else have you been listening to? Maybe I can get a recommendation from you?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman I think I’ve only ever listened to one Stormzy album actually, his one from a couple years ago. I never really went out my way to listen to his stuff but I didn’t mind that album’s more soulful stuff. Most modern hip-hop that I listen to is more down the jazzy or experimental route like anything Madlib produces or Earl Sweatshirt/Billy Woods. My tastes in hip hop are pretty eclectic though, from Outkast to RZA to Clipping to The Pharcyde to Divine Styler and pretty much anything in between!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman In addition to some Christmas music, I was actually listening to a playlist yesterday of songs I discovered through video games I’ve played. It included the Buzzcocks (from Guardians of the Galaxy), Child of the Parish (from Dirt 5), and D’Angelo (from Red Dead Redemption 2). I also have a couple random songs from Joji, AJR, and Frank Sinatra on the playlist. I know… it’s a weird selection. Cap it off with listening to some Handel and you can see I’m like a boat without a rudder bouncing around in my music selections. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I really haven’t been listening to anything particularly interesting lately. Our girls have been on a massive Lindsey Stirling kick so there’s that 😂 I’ve recommended him before but Calum Graham has continued to be a staple for me. Other than that, just trying to stay alive in these ungodly temperatures (been in the -40’s all week). Stay warm out there!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

ralphdibny

I've been listening to Jamie Cullum's Twentysomething album lately. Seems to be about as much music as I can handle.

I loved it back when it came out and I dug it out a few months ago. I have a lot of the songs from it stuck in my head at various times throughout my day.

See ya!

ralphdibny

Been listening to Justin Timberlake over the last few days. Currently on the Man of the Woods album which is actually wicked.

Someone came back into my life recently after about 15 years and I'd totally disassociated my like for JT (among other things) from them in that time. It's so weird how people can do that. I sort of randomly started listening to the albums again over the last few days and Future Sex/Love Sounds just brought up so many memories that I had totally forgotten. Had me in tears at points.

I was a fan of Justified when it came out (I was probably like 11 or 12 at the time) and kind of fell off Timberlake for ages until this person reintroduced me to him with FS/LS.

Timberlake is good though so I kept up with his releases but had totally forgotten why I even started liking him again in the first place! After a few tracks of FS/LS I realised why I must have been in the mood to listen to it even if it wasn't immediately obvious.

Glad it happened though. These CDs are bangers.

See ya!

nessisonett

Holy crap, Jai Paul’s playing at Coachella this year. If only his album wasn’t leaked all those years ago, there’d be more hits for him to play!

nessisonett

In the latest bizarre album to make it huge because of TikTok, Duster’s Stratosphere, a slowcore classic from ‘98, seems to have struck a chord. It’s a great album but obviously rather niche, so it’s kinda crazy to see randoms using songs in their TikToks.

LN78

Nice to see the Lotte Kestner version of "True Faith" getting some more hype. One of my favourite covers of all time.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

MightyDemon82

Saw a couple of great bands at the tunnels in Aberdeen tonight. Pastel & Aflecks Palace. Was great to catch up with some old friends and enjoy some live music and some booze!

MightyDemon82

LN78

And people say rock is dead...
Untitled

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 I quite like the absurdity of it. The Brits have been crap since time began, might as well turn up looking like a giant bin bag. With how sterile the entire event is, at least Sam Smith’s livened it up a bit.

nessisonett

Heartbroken to hear about Trugoy from De La Soul. Just after their back catalogue had hit streaming services finally as well. I think this one’s hit so hard because their music is just so endearing. Three Feet High and Rising’s Dolby Atmos remaster can’t come soon enough, the two tracks released already sound fantastic and it’ll be a fitting tribute to him.

PegasusActual93

@Th3solution
And here I was thinking I was the only one to have ever heard of Child of the Parish ever since I randomly came across Relic of the Past, on Spotify. My Spotify is full of so much obscure ass music.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

JohnnyShoulder

Just saw this and immediately thought of @nessisonett!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic