Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,197

Thrillho

@robhr Did you just copy and paste your iTunes artist list there?

I saw Maybeshewill snuck in there though. How have you found the new album? It took me a few listens to get into it but I really like it! My t-shirt and 12” copy of the album came last week too

Thrillho

robhr

@Thrillho I copy pasted it from my portfolio website.

I actually haven't heard the new one yet. I have it downloaded though I'll get to it soon.

robhr

kyleforrester87

@robhr lots of great choices there jumping out at me, nice to see BoC at the top - overall probably my favourite musicians, or at least the ones I would most like to see once (if only!)

Mono is another great choice, those guys rock. The Kidnapper Bell by them is one of my all time favourites.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

Grabbed my mum some tapes she used to own but my granny chucked them after she moved out. They join the original Now album I got her last Christmas.

Nik Kershaw - The Riddle
The Top Gun soundtrack (full of bangers tbf)
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People
Billy Joel - Piano Man

I also picked up a few out the charity shop while I was there with some decent stuff this time.

The Wayne’s World soundtrack
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In (it was 50p and come on, Talk Dirty To Me is a bop)
Alice In Chains - Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies especially is a great find considering it goes for quite a bit more than I paid. My pre-order of Weatherday’s Come In on tape came as well, which totally suits a rougher format as the production’s homemade anyway.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

For some reason, I've found myself listening to Linkin Park again recently. I used to listen to their songs religiously when I was a kid, but what I didn't know was that they had made so many songs that I've completely missed out on. These are some of my favourite ones that I've recently discovered:

Chester had such an angelic voice and absolutely exceptional vocal range. Every song of theirs has so much weight behind it. I genuinely can't stop listening to them, what an amazing band.

LtSarge

render

I always wondered if I'd like ornithology inspired german techo and yeah I think I do...

render

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou I somehow didn’t realise there was a new Beach House album coming out. I’ll need to get round to that!

render

@Keith_Zissou I happened upon one of his live sets on YouTube and just happened upon this track. When I first listened to it just really got me and I must have listened to it 5 or 6 times that day. Really wish I had any musical talent to make something like that. I know what you mean about his age as well. Must have had an easy paper round 😆

It’s been a while since I’ve listened to Beach House but I’m going to check out that new album 👍

render

render

@Voltan That’s pretty awesome. You get a good amount of screen time too. Did you write it as well?

render

Voltan

@render I helped with the lyrics and harmonies and stuff but mostly the guitarist wrote the instrumental base and the singer came up with the lead melodies (I helped a tiny bit there too) for this one.

Voltan

nessisonett

Second single from Fontaines D.C.’s upcoming album just as good as the first one. This album could be something special.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I've heard Jackie Down the Line quite a few times on 6music recently, quite like it. Are you looking forward to Elden Ring (you don't have to reply to that bit here).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

robhr

So I just learned of this U2 side project called “Passengers” with Brian Eno. I am by no means a U2 guy, pretty indifferent to them, but Passengers is interesting. Nothing mind blowing but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Apparently they used one of their tracks at the end of the Ghost in the Shell anime but I don’t remember it.

robhr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic