Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,197

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I recognize that it is good music.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah, he really brings things to life!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

johncalmc

@Thrillho Funnily enough I actually went through a phase of listening to loads of this kind of stuff earlier in the year. Quite apocalyptic.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman sorry for the delayed reply, man. Been really busy. The title track is definitely my favourite. Watched the sunrise this morning while listening. It made for quite a moment and a rather pleasant way to begin the day so thanks for that!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer No worries, I'm glad it provided you with a decent moment this morning, What else have you been listening to? Got any recommendations for me? Tried the new Tool album yet?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Let me know what you think of the Tool album when you get round to it. Cool song, particularly liked the video, with the zombies

render

Heard this last week and it's one I now keep going back to. Slowly listening through the rest of the Ochre back catalogue but he seems like a really talented guy...

render

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman wicked tune! Didn’t know they had a new album. I’ll be checking it out at some point

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Are you a fan of theirs in general then? What's your favourite by them? I personally like Leviathan, consider that their best one.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah, I do like their music. I’ve always been partial to ‘Blood Mountain’, though they don’t have an album that I outright don’t like.

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman @Jimmer-jammer I’ve never been a massive Mastodon fan, personally prefer sludgier stuff like Isis, but Crack the Skye is brilliant. I do need to get round to Leviathan!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett Isis was recommended to me here and I did enjoy them quite a bit. ‘Leviathan’ is definitely conceptually pretty interesting.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

nessisonett

Finally listened to Utakata No Hibi by Mariah, a weird Japanese-Romanian fusion jazz/funk/EDM album from the early 80s. It was rediscovered by Optimo, the DJs that used to be at Sub Club here in Glasgow, AKA the dodgy club that’s literally underground and hovers between sketchy and cool in equal measures. Anyway, the album’s insane but very very good. Highly recommend.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I recommend listening to Blood Mountain before Leviathan as BM is kind of a mix between Crack the Skye and Leviathan, with some of CtS' proggier elements thrown in, Leviathan is largely straight-up metal. Let me know what you think when you get around to it/them!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic