Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 545

Tasuki

@Milktastrophe Hulk has a similar deal to Spider-man. Basically any individual Hulk movies are done by Universal but he's allowed to appear in any Marvel team up movie.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

colonelkilgore

Just booked Friday night tickets for Spider-man: No Way Home, can’t wait!

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I think I might go see it on Saturday on Sunday (I'm usually kinda tired on Friday evenings so that's probably not the best option)

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah I get that... it was the only time that we could fit 9t in this weekend though... it’s gonna be a busy one!

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if cinemas close down sooner rather than later. Hope you enjoy though, really really wish I could face it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett @Voltan Yeah, I’ve pretty much been against going to a theater since March 2020, but I might have to make an exception for Spider-Man. I don’t want to know what kind of microorganisms are living on the seats and floors of those places, but I can probably roll the dice this time and take my chances.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah maybe... I think the whole industry is hoping No Way Home will bring people back to the cinemas like prior to the pandemic. Don’t think it’ll quite do that but it’ll probably be the biggest hit since COVID started.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I’ve been quite a few times since it all started... the missus and I had COVID right at the start so we’ve always felt more ‘safe’ than we probably should. The cinema that is local to my new house is great too to be fair, each screen only has around 20 seats and they’re all leather recliners with loads of space from one seat to the next.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore 3 people in my mum’s work tested positive yesterday so honestly we’re trying not to leave the house at all in case Christmas is affected! Maybe in the new year we’ll be able to go 🤞

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett totally understand and hope you and your family are all unaffected. A guy from my work actually died from COVID back in September... it definitely raised my anxiety about it for a while but I’ve kinda slipped back into my previous mindset since.

We don’t go out much though, we both work from home now... we do the weekly shop, have the occasional meal out (that’s actually the thing that I miss most) and the similarly occasional cinema visit.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

I clicked on a Spidey review and immediately regretted it, because it was packed with spoilers (despite not being labelled as such). It does sound like a crowd-pleaser, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger That sucks. That's why I tend to avoid reviews even if they say no spoilers as usually they give away details I just don't want to know. Like when reviewers mention there's a twist in a game or movie.

Booked tickets for Sunday (hoping that cinemas aren't shut by Welsh Government on Friday), really hoping to get through to then without spoilers. I've noticed on YouTube there's a few videos that look spoilery!

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

Keith_Zissou wrote:

Probably best to stay off the internet until your screening for maximum enjoyment.

Quoted for truth.

@NedStarksGhost First up, 'ello again! Welcome back!

And thanks, but I'll survive. I often manage to get things spoiled for me, one way or another, so it's kinda interesting because sometimes, knowing things can make me more excited, not less. Other times, however, spoilers just crush my enthusiasm. It depends on the movie / show / game / book in question, I suppose, and whether the information sounds cool or not.

Anyway, esoteric musings on the nature of spoilers aside, I hope you enjoy Spidey on Sunday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I got spoiled a bit with Spider-Man but honestly, the spoilers have made me more excited to see it! Sometimes knowing little crumbs can be decent as I don’t know the details and would love to see how it all comes together.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm glad it's gone that way for you, at least!

[stops typing and sits on hands to prevent own proclivity for verbosity giving anything away]

Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger hello again! Thank you!

I get what you mean. Sometimes with a story it's interesting to see the journey as opposed to the destination, sort of thing.

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Yeah, exactly. I know some folks who'll watch / play / read things once and then never return to them, but I quite enjoy re-watching old favourites, and often get a big kick out of them regardless of knowing exactly how they're gonna play out. Sometimes, the kick is even bigger second time around, too, so it's definitely an appreciation of the journey, as you say.

Good, well-made films should be able to stand up to spoilers, and if there's one universal truth about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's that the films are well-made, at the very least.

Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger I do the same thing. I like rewatching and spotting things I didn't the first time.

Like you say, MCU films are well made. I'll always enjoy rewatch of them!

NedStarksGhost

Voltan

Ok, guess I'm going to see Spidey on the big screen on Saturday.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Gutted, couldn’t get in the cinema for Spidey tonight as apparently Wales has brought in COVID passport requirements in the last month… and as I have only had the first jab I (& therefore the missus also) was not allowed in 😢

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic