Forums

Topic: The Health, Fitness and Exercise Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 643

LordSteev

@kyleforrester87 I was thinking more along the lines of a container spill. Exxon Valdiez style.

It's slippery stuff, and if the wrong person fell in it in just the right way...

Ah! Who am I to tell you your business?

LordSteev

LieutenantFatman

Completed another 5k run followed by 160 kettlebell swings earlier. Managing to stick with it, seems to be working well!

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

My 10k run on Saturday took me to 75km for the month which I’m pretty happy with.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

Just finished the fourth week of DDP yoga tapes. Quite a good session today, I was sweating buckets. Still not sure about this fitness tracker watch though, my heart seemed like it was racing at times yet I still never made it past the fat burning zone into the cardio zone according to the graphs in the app. Not that I'm particularly looking to go into the cardio zone, I'd just like to work out if the thing is accurate or not.

I think generally I'm feeling more and more demotivated to do the tapes as time goes on. I often stop what I'm doing and procrastinate for an hour or so before I clear the floor and put the mat down. I guess it's clearing the floor, emptying the dehumidifier so I can move it out the way, doing the tape, wiping the mat down, clearing the stuff off the bed to put back on the floor and then getting in the shower all together just seems like a bit of a chore.

I'm going to keep going with it though. I think it would be really lame if I couldn't find time (in lockdown) to do 3 (soon to be 4) 30 minute tapes a week. I guess just with the other stuff, it takes like an hour/hour and a half all in.

Still need to find time/energy/motivation to go on some walks, I think I need a bit more activity on the non-yoga days. Normally I get up so late that by the time Im geared up for a walk, it's already gotten dark so I gear back down again.

@kyleforrester87 @LieutenantFatman @Thrillho good work on your cycling/runs/kettle bell swings/impregnating people at a fastfood dinner party last weekend!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Good work. It’s finding a way of making it into a routine which really helps but having to do so much “faff” beforehand can put you off.

I’m on a bit of a break from running for a couple of weeks as I tweaked my hamstring on Wednesday so don’t want to make it any worse.

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

I have a yoga mat pretty much in the middle of my living room all the time unless guests are coming over or something. Makes it easier to just start stretching, then once I’m going I tend to do a full session. I don’t really follow any guides though, there’s a good 10-12 or so that I have stuck with for years and like doing so I just do those.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ralphdibny

@Thrillho yeah it is a bit too much faff, I will try and have a tidy up in the next couple of days so there is less stuff to move around.

Best to have a break if you are injured. It can be frustrating to not keep going but it will probably just make the injury last longer if you do. Let us know when you get back into it or I'll try and remember to tag you up in a couple of weeks to see how you are getting on

@kyleforrester87 that's the dream! I just don't have the space. I have a small strip of carpet that's multifunctional. Hopefully when I've managed to eBay a bit more crap in the future I can leave the mat out and get some stretching in every day

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yeah, staying motivated is definitely a challenge. As Thrillo says, making it a routine is definitely worth looking at. Not something I can easily do personally as I do different shifts at work. So I'm just pushing myself to do kettle bells at least once a week, managed to keep it going so far, going to try and do some more tomorrow. Hope you manage to stick with it for the yoga.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@ralphdibny I'm planning to take a couple of weeks off which shouldn't be too difficult given that it's going to be barely above zero this week and I'm working next weekend. It's the hamstring I injured badly last year so definitely not looking to rush it!

Such a weird one though as it doesn't feel like much when you do it but the next day you certainly know you have..

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman cheers, yeah I will stick with it, I was just having a moan really. I think I needed some encouragement though so thanks!

My work has always gotten in the way of everything I do for the same reasons. Luckily I'm not doing too much at the moment. I just need this pandemic to go away so I can get back to normal, I suppose everyone does. Hopefully I can get a better work life balance when the time comes, better than I've had in the past, pre pandemic.

@Thrillho good stuff! I'll believe the snows coming when I see it lol. To be honest I probably wake up too late to see it anyway 😅. I know what you mean about feeling it the next day. I have had it both ways though, where you immediately know something is wrong and also where you don't realise until much later. Never pulled a hammy though so I can't really imagine what it feels like

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yes, the pandemic is a pain, although I am finding that no social engagements does make slightly more time for consistent exercise, so there is that. I've always been sure to have a healthy work life balance, work to live and all that. Definitely a priority for me. Hope you can find a way to make it happen.

Moved up to 180 kettlebell swings today, oh yeah! Edging closer to the super 200.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Just managed 60km on the bicycle this week. Not bad considering the weather though. And a 5k run with another 180 kettlebell swings yesterday. Was shattered after doing that, lol, but feeling good today.

LieutenantFatman

kyleforrester87

@LieutenantFatman well done! I haven’t been cycling as much the past 2 weeks, probably 100km max. The snow and ice really hasn’t helped but I’ve been a bit demotivated even when there has been an opportunity.

Got my new bike yesterday though and managed to get a little test ride today between rain, it’s really good! The frame is quite small compared to my cyclecross bike but as a result it seems really compliant and responsive in comparison. So light and I think it looks great, too. Really happy with it so far! Weather is looking better from next weekend 🤞🏻

Untitled

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87
Yes, not easy staying motivated with all the ice.

Awesome looking bike, I bet you can get some decent speed on that. Make sure you make a note of the frame number, bike thefts are on the increase. Hope the weather is right for the weekend, should be great fun.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic