Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,501 to 9,513 of 9,513

Ravix

@Th3solution it was fantastic in Dragon's Dogma 2, I think that's my best experience of it. I was gonna use it in Horizon FW, but I didn't stick with the game long enough to know if it's good in that (I felt like I had to really try to tune it early on to feel right though, and not sure if it ever did feel right)

Apparently it's in TLoU and its turned on in my game, but I've only shot people manually with analogue so far, not even considered testing it, and didn't notice the reticle moving so far so not sure if it is actually doing anything. I'll test it at some point.

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer How are you? Did you "wrap" up shooting yet? How did that go? What music have you been listening to recently? Any updates on your SH2 Playthrough?

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Hey, man! I’m doing well, thanks. Yeah, we wrapped shooting (Canadian) thanksgiving weekend. It was exhausting but rewarding. Had a lot go wrong but a lot went right too, the team we had on this was just fantastic. Just got our rough cut assembled and I think we’ve got something, at the very least, interesting 😊

Silent Hill 2 is everything I could have hoped for. It seems I’m headed to the historical society now so I’m pretty curious to see what goes down there. There’s a touch more combat than I was expecting but it’s been handled well; simple, intense and brutal. Overall, the additional explorable areas, puzzles and added story beats have been pretty seamless and have supported the central narrative tastefully.

How are you? How has Elden Ring shaped up for you?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I'm good thanks. Glad to hear your SH2 Remake playthrough is going swimmingly. Sounds like it'll be a real treat by the time I dig into it. Elden Ring is a lot of fun, I'm still primarily farming at this stage, but I did make an earlier, very under-levelled, attempt at Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel, the enemies there were manageable with Vigor in the low teens and Str at 55 ,but the boss absolutely whooped me in a few seconds. Planning to go back there with Vigor at 60, it's at 23 now, and whoop the boss in return.

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Very nice! You’ve presumably made it through Stormveil then? I got a pretty strong Souls vibe throughout that area that I thought you might have appreciated. Good luck with your farming!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer No, I haven't actually made it through Stormveil yet, still farming in the early-game, but I wanted to get an item from the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel boss that would help me upgrade the Greatsword I got from Caelid earlier - the enemies in Caelid are no joke earlier, but I still managed to snag the Greatsword from there when I was even more underlevelled before hightailing it out of there!

Did you play Alan Wake 2? That recently got a new DLC that might be a nice compliment to your SH2 playthrough if you haven't played it yet. Both are on my to-play list.

Edit: My apologies, I just remembered that you did play Alan Wake 2 and weren't entirely satisfied with it, so maybe the DLC wouldn't be such a good idea! But there is some 'Cronos'-type game currently in development by Bloober, so maybe that would be more your cup of tea when it comes out. 😃

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN I actually really enjoyed the first round of DLC for Alan Wake II, so I’ll likely pick up The Lake House. I didn’t hate the main game or anything, it’s excellent in many respects. I simply felt the game tried to do too many things that just got in the way of the fun, and the narrative felt completely pointless to me by the end of it. It left me feeling very conflicted throughout my playthrough and a little flabbergasted by its near universal acclaim as a masterpiece. I’d highly recommend a play through, just go in with tempered expectations.

Michael2008ish

Need some help pls. My irl friend is being abused.
He's a gamer, but i'm worried about him. She's repulsive imo.

Michael2008ish

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Hi man, duly noted with regard to Alan Wake II, I plan to get the Deluxe Edition which includes the Expansion Pass, so maybe I will get a chance to play the DLCs sonner rather than later. Hope you enjoy The Lake House DLC.

I am looking forward to Stormveil now that you have 'bigged it up' for me .Also do you think you will plat SH2 Remake? Apparently it's fairly easy to do, following the correct steps for various endings etc. And getting that all-important timer-based trophy.

I plan to get plats for both ER and SH2R.🤞

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN I have some other games I’d like to get through before the end of the year, so I’ll put SH2 on ice after my first playthrough and likely plat it sometime next year, as it is one I’d like to do that for. Hope you enjoy Stormveil! Let us know how it goes!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I will indeed let you know . So what was your role in the movie you shot? acting? directing? production? Do you think you and your crew will take it to Cannes or anything like that? Hope it all works out for you!

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN I guess my creative partner and I are co-writer/directors, except we also produce, edit, build sets and props, costumes, music, sound…This was the first project we had a legitimate crew on, about 23 people! It was pretty cool, man. We’re going to submit it to TIFF and see what happens. Ya never know.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic