Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 10,080

colonelkilgore

SinfulDestroyer wrote:

Sony said no one gives a sh-t about other characters when Marvel offered the other characters for 25 million. So if thats the case…

Well I think the fact that the MCU has gone on to gross around $22 billion dollars (if you don’t include the Spider-man: Home… trilogy numbers) proves that isn’t the case 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

No gaming for me this week, alas, as I've cut the palm of my right hand.

The most annoying thing is, it's happened a couple days after I had to sort through my PS2 collection and transfer all the discs into a wallet, after most of the boxes began to disintegrate. The process of systematically sorting through them and rescuing the manuals was like looking through an old photo album; it made me really nostalgic for the era, and I was suddenly keen to go back and replay a few old favourites.

Always the way, ain't it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Hope you make a swift recovery - hand injuries can tend to be persistent if you're not careful. Out of interest how are the boxes disintegrating? Were they stored in direct sunlight or is it just through overuse?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thanks and yeah, that's good advice. It's why I'm gonna be careful. I probably could bandage myself up and game, but I think it'd do more harm in the long run, and I still need to type, so it'll be better to use my breaks to properly rest my hand, methinks.

An unfortunate combination of factors led to my PS2 collection's downfall. I've had roughly two-thirds of them my entire life, so they followed me to university and got stored on the windowsill of a ramshackle student flat which suffered terrible condensation one winter, meaning I returned to some very soggy games. Then when I moved again, they ended up on another windowsill which somehow got direct sunlight for 90% of the day (?!) and that just destroyed the already-weakened plastic.

I rescued them as best I could, and kept them going as long as possible (it's been over ten years since all that mayhem) but I went to open one recently and the poor thing just dissolved in my hands.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Yeah that sounds like a confluence of the worst possible circumstances for keeping those cases in decent condition so congratulations for at least keeping the discs in a playable state - that's all that really matters! As you might have read in the retro topic, I've just found a box of long thought lost Dreamcast games in the crawlspace above my garage that have no doubt been subject to some extremes of damp and heat over the past half decade or so. I'm really hoping they still work but won't be surprised in the least if they don't.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger ah damn… well hopefully it isn’t too bad and you’ll be back with dual-shock 2 in hand before you know it. Hope it heals up real soon 👊

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thanks! I'm glad to have been able to preserve the manuals, as well. Most games still come in pretty boxes, but I can't remember the last time I got one with a manual!

Yeah, I'd just gotten around to reading that topic, and I hope your games room is coming together (or has come together already) nicely! Best of luck with that treasure trove of Dreamcast games. One of my favourite courses from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is based on Skies of Arcadia, so I can at least assure you that, if you can get that game working, it'll have a great soundtrack!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks! Especially since I recall your recent hand injury. Seems to be catching! Hope nobody else reading this makes it a triple.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

Random question; I'm looking to purchase and play Frogun tomorrow as I've got the evening off, but I noticed that the release date on the store still says "soon". Is it normal for (smaller) games to not have a release date on the store?

Octane

Th3solution

Does anyone else dream about the game they’re playing?
It’s happened to me 2-3 times this week. One of the dreams was more like a nightmare — being chased by one of the big alien beasts from GotG.
For me, I think I dream about a game when I put a lot of hours into it that day, or if I play late at night right before bed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MightyDemon82

@Th3solution It's been a while but I have had it happen. When I was a kid I woke with my arms stretched in the air imitating holding a pad.

I've dreamt about being in Hyrule fighting Gannon alongside link when I played OoT when I was 16.

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, happens to me quite often, too. Mostly when I've been playing something intensely for a long while, like when I blitzed through Mass Effect: Legendary Edition in less than a month, so that'd match up with your pattern of playing a game all day and having it follow you to bed, as it were. Don't think I've ever had a nightmare about content from a game, though!

But then I'm a very, very vivid dreamer. Whenever I manage to get proper sleep, which isn't as often as I'd like, I have at least one incredibly realistic dream which I can remember in great detail once I wake up (to the point where I can be briefly confused about who and where I am). I can occasionally do that lucid dreaming thing as well, whereby I realise that I'm dreaming and take control of the dream. That's always fun.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I don't so much dream of the game I'm playing but if I play a game and go straight to sleep afterward then my dream is shaped like that game.

When I was playing a lot of Picross, my dreams had a lot of squares across the image.

Talos Principle had me solving really complex puzzles in my dreams.

Most recently, Greedfall had me waking up to a fading image of a dream that was framed as if it was the inventory screen.

Its fairly unpleasant/uninteresting so I try and remember to YouTube myself to sleep to get the game mechanics out of my subconscious.

See ya!

nessisonett

@Th3solution I’ve found my dreams being horribly vivid since going on medication. Not so much to do with games, although I did dream about pulling my finger bones out after pulling on a loose bit of skin. Like when you have a feather cushion and you pull them out.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Now imagine waking up utterly convinced that it was real 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mookysam

@Th3solution Most of the dreams I remember are rather bizarre, but I do sometimes dream of what I'm playing. They seem to occur if I've been playing something quite intensively, or if it's an unreleased game that I'm really looking forward to. Back in the days before we could find out a lot of information online, those dreams would usually not bear any relation to the actual finished games! A few times I've dreamt of strategies to get through with tricky battles in RPGs, and then naturally completely forgotten them soon after waking up. The other day I had a dream about my cat who recently passed away. I think it was because I'd been playing Stray, and the cat in that is ginger, too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Voltan

Worst day in gaming ever.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic