Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 10,080

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho All settled in to the new place? How are you finding it thus far in? @nessisonett How is the game design going? Did you ever read Berserk? Dark Souls 1 draws heavily from it.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Never read Berserk, a few of my friends are into it. Just extremely busy at the minute winding down towards Christmas with Uni. Lots of work to do, not enough time!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It’s all good thanks. It’s a smallish town but great for walking the dog. I’m right near the small high street which is all little independent shops so lively (when open!)

Biggest “problem” is that the elderly next door neighbours have the telly so loud I can tell which newsreader is presenting the 10 o’ clock news

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 All games will be rolled up by the Prince eventually. It is inevitable!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm convinced Sony has some sort of vendetta against Canada with how pitiful restocks have been here compared to literally everywhere else

Did Jim Ryan just hate Tim Hortons coffee or have a terrible first experience trying to wait in line at the Square One EB Games lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Tim Hortons iced cappuccino supreme is literally the most sugary thing I’ve ever had. They’re nice but it makes me feel like my insides are in danger. We have a few Tim Hortons over here now which is pretty cool.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Honestly I like iced capps way more than the double doubles

it and the creamy chills were like my go to beverage this summer and even now when I need an adrenaline rush they honestly wake me the hell up when I'm doing work late in the evening. Plus double doubles are a bitch to take home given even though my closest Tims is in walking distance, the cups are poorly insulated and I have to risk either burning my hands carrying it home or drinking from it while it just rapidly gets colder as I get closer to home during winter time

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Their cups are so awful, you’re right about the insulation. I do like a French vanilla latte and it’s at least a good hand warmer given how freezing it gets during winter.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett When do you reckon you'll get a PS5 then? Sorry if I've asked before, I forgot. What game(s) will you play on it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Considering the hell I had trying to get one last week, it will probably end up being a while. I’m probably most looking forward to Gran Turismo 7, it looks properly great. Horizon wasn’t really my thing and Ratchet and Clank was OK but I wasn’t huge on it so the upcoming games aren’t totally my sort of games.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I see, Demon's Souls doesn't tempt you then? Why not? Again, sorry if we've covered this before. I hope you enjoy Gran Turismo 7.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ll still get Demon’s Souls but my mate got a PS5 at launch with it and I dunno, it looks strangely easy and a bit simple from watching him play it? That’s such an elitist thing to say but all it means is that it’s dropped from a must play to just waiting for him to finish it and then I’ll borrow it like I did with Star Wars Jedi. It could just be that it was designed with first time Souls players first and foremost due to it being the big launch exclusive which isn’t a bad thing if it encourages more people to try the rest of the series.

BearsEatBeets

This just popped up in my YouTube recommendations. I didn't realise this was even being made (assuming it's real but looks legit)

Edit: Nevermind, just discovered there was a full blown trailer last month and this is probably old news that simply passed me by.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett So you would say Dark Souls 1 looks harder? To be fair, I probably won't get it for a while now either, but as I have no games-playing mates to borrow from I will be getting the digital deluxe edition for myself. What looks easy and simple about Demon's Souls on PS5 compared to Dark Souls 1? The combat specifically? I would have thought that having the archstones so far apart in Demon's Souls compared to the bonfires in Dark would make it much harder. Guess I was wrong?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic If you’ve played Dark Souls 1, Demon’s Souls will be a cakewalk as it is very similar to the whole ‘patience is key’ gameplay. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 rely a lot more on reflexes. As long as you don’t rush or make any glaring errors in Demon’s Souls, you probably won’t die too many times. Magic seems to not exactly be balanced but I don’t think it was supposed to be in the original either - it’s mostly easy mode in this game. My mate’s roughly 40% of the way through it I’d say and he’s died three times. Granted, he’s played other Souls games so I’d say that having experience makes this game not too challenging. Maybe that’s a good thing, games shouldn’t be hard for hard’s sake!

HallowMoonshadow

As the original PS3 version was my first souls game it was challenging as hell, especially with World Tendency actually working counter to how you might expect with dying in human form making the game more and more difficult @nessisonett & @Draco_V_Ecliptic. I restarted that game six times over the course of a month before I eventually got to grips with it.

I stormed through it last year however in just about ten hours. Obviously in the nine or so year gap I've become a LOT more acquainted with the Souls formula... But still. It's fairly unbalanced and as ness rightly says magic is quite op.

The space between archstones usually isn't too much of a problem thanks to the abundance of grasses (And the various types) you can hold that generally makes it rather easy for the most part. There's usually a bunch of shortcuts you can unlock like the other souls games.

Plus there's the second chance miracle you can acquire (It's from a fairly late boss soul admitedly) which revives you upon death at half health (Except if you fall) that can be cast again as soon as it's used up. Using second chance does make it so you can't use a lot of other spells like regeneration or the likes... But still it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks Foxy! I think that I will wait a little while before I make up my mind about getting the PS5 Remaster. Will you get it sometime in the near future?

HallowMoonshadow

Nah I won't @Draco_V_Ecliptic. Don't have a PS5 for a start and probably won't get one for a couple of years. I don't think I honestly will get Demon's Souls when I do (Though I might when it's dirt cheap)

It's my least favourite souls game and whilst initially I was pretty interested in the idea of a remake... The fact it's relatively the same as the PS3 version doesn't make me very interested to be honest. They should've done more with it in my personal opinion.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the Monster Hunter movie. The first few trailers looked awful, as they showcased modern day soldiers with guns and jeeps being teleported into the Monster Hunter universe.

But this recent trailer looks a bit better:

Maybe the movie will be in "so bad it's good" territory, I dunno.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic