Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,141 to 5,160 of 10,089

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Why is it your least favourite souls game? Which is your favourite and why? Regards, Draco

Edit: Do you think you will get Elden Ring on PS4 if and when it eventually comes out?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BearsEatBeets

Anyone else had an email from Sony inviting them to the 'Players Lounge'? I've just signed up, not sure what to make of it yet. Just seems like a few Blog posts you can comment on but maybe it's early days.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Pro tip - don’t mix Irn Bru with spiced rum. Bought some for making eggnog and thought I’d sample it but the only mixer on hand was Irn Bru. Might have somewhat got my measurements mixed up and it tastes far too sweet and it’s easy enough to knock back that my fingers and toes are a bit numb.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Can't be strong enough if you can still type!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You can keep your Irn Bru, but...

Fingers crossed that you can... well, that you can cross your fingers again soon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@nessisonett When I was at university and needed to sober up fast, I'd swear by a cold shower, some black coffee and a banana. Swore during the first one, as well.

There's always the toast and / or rice option. Starchy bland foodstuffs to the rescue!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@kyleforrester87 the stand is so good! I did read it after I had read the dark tower books though so I was really into the whole Stephen king connected universe at the time. It was about twelve years ago though so I wonder how it'd hold up now. I loved the 6 hour TV movie too and I really want to get the dvd so I can watch it again!

See ya!

kyleforrester87

@ralphdibny all I remember about the TV movie was the first half being really really good and the second half not so much? I must have been about 10-11 when I saw it though.

I’m only on chapter 3-4 of the book, good read so far though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ralphdibny

@kyleforrester87 it does go kinda crazy toward the end! But I still love the whole thing though. I think it's kind of what was good about Stephen king, he'd start off with a familiar premise with almost stereotypical characters that would become relatable with it all converging into whatever (usually entertaining) event his drug addled mind came up with in those days. I don't think he lost it when he came off the drugs though, I've enjoyed almost every Stephen king book I've read and most films based on his books

See ya!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger After being told by a lecturer today that “if you were a builder then that bit of code would be a house with no doors, windows or bricks”... I think I’m going to need that rum 😂😂

HallowMoonshadow

Despite it probably having my favourite area in a Souls game with the Tower Of Latria @Draco_V_Ecliptic (The prison area in particular) I'm not all that fond of Demon's Souls (On PS3 at least) due to the gameplay side of things mainly as it feels really wooden at times.

World Tendency is a nice idea but I don't like the way it was implimented either. The bosses have some very wonky AI at times, limited movesets and a reliance on gimmicks/puzzle bosses just means there aren't really many good fights in it either in my opinion.

It was good at the time but I don't think it's aged well at all personally.

Seeing as I kinda bounced off of Dark Souls remastered the other month I guess I'd say Dark Souls III then would be my favourite in the series and I'd really need to revisit it to answer your question... But maybe I need a little time away from them all 😅

I'd most likely get Elden Ring as the collaboration with George RR Martin really does intrigue me... But seeing as we have no idea when it'll release and only saw some CG (That was admitedly rather nice) I'm not too excited for it just yet.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Arugula One upside to the pandemic — no Thanksgiving get-togethers! With the vaccine on the horizon, I have to admit that there are parts of COVID that I appreciate.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I see, very interesting, You must have enjoyed Bloodborne as well then, if Dark Souls III is your favourite in the series? (The combat is very similar, obviously - they used the same engine).

Also, regarding your thoughts on Demon's Souls I think I will get it on PS5 anyway as it is the only game in the series I haven't beaten apart from Dark Souls 2 which I really just could not get to grips with. Maybe if you get it dirt cheap in a couple of years we can experience it together - I'm sure I will replay it if I can manage to beat it.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

Actually no not really... I prefer Dark Souls 2 to Bloodborne to be honest @Draco_V_Ecliptic.

I like the medieval fantasy setting of the souls games more then the gothic victorian like setting of Bloodborne though I do quite like the cosmic horror stuff it descends into. Not that I don't like the Victorian setting... I just like the Medieval fantasy more.

I wasn't really fond of the trick weapons either when I last played it thanks to the limited weapon pool (in the base game at least)... Replaying it a few years back felt pretty samey due to a lack of build variety (for me at least).

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Ha pretty sure I've said that unpopular opinion a few times before on here @nessisonett

HallowMoonshadow

The super duper cool gamer girl list @Thrillho?

It's not that Bloodborne is bad by any stretch of the means (It's a solid game) it just doesn't quite tickle my fancy quite like the Souls games and I have a few nitpicks with some of the mechanics/design choices... I can see why a lot of people do like it 😄

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That’s essentially my thoughts too. It’s not a bad game and I’d never say it was, I just have too many gripes with the design to really praise it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic