Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,101 to 5,120 of 10,090

RogerRoger

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again; the punishment for "swatting" perpetrators needs to be a stronger, specific charge separate from pre-existing categories.

For crying out loud, somebody died after being swatted in 2017. Wake the heck up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Yep, the NLife article’s comment section devolved into ‘haha Ubisoft bad’ so yeah, I can believe that a ‘gamer’ swatted them. This community is toxic.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

Y'all may be thinking the PS5 is launching without Knack. But here's something I discovered:

Bugsnax = bugsKNACKs

Didn't expect that, did you?

Octane

Anti-Matter

PS5 has been released recently on year 2020.
How does the time flies so fast.
I remembered when i bought my Old 3DS XL on 2 November 2013, it was the year of PS4 has been released.
7 years passed so fast.

Anti-Matter

BearsEatBeets

Glad I checked the start time for the Turkey GP as it’s an early one at 10:10. If yesterday’s qualifying is anything to go by it should be an entertaining one.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m gonna say probably not. And by probably not, I mean that unless I sit at my laptop refreshing the page every 5 seconds then I won’t be able to get one even if I wanted to.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Oh, fair enough, we're in the same boat then. What game(s) are you still playing on PS4 and PC right now?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve got Resident Evil 2 with the Game Club, Metro Exodus and Zero no Kiseki on Vita at the minute. I did play the first couple of hours of No More Heroes on Switch as well which is great fun.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Due to the strange Covid arrangement, I’m currently working on final projects for 3 of my 6 classes and have an exam in a couple of weeks. At least I’ll be off for Christmas!

Also, that Alanah Pierce article is something else. Saw a couple of distasteful comments and left well alone but checked again there and yep, people are mad. What I can’t believe is that some of the comments are still up, it’s proper gross stuff but I’m used to seeing it whenever any sort of youngish woman is seen anywhere close to the cesspit that is the gaming industry.

kyleforrester87

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve been busy at work and doing a lot of cycling, boast mode I did my first 60+ miler the weekend before last and another the weekend just gone! 😁 I’ve been trying to push it this year health wise, especially in the past few months. Trying to turn 2020 into something of a good year frankly.

Game wise I have been putting a lot of time into Diablo 3 these past few weeks, trying to get a torment level 16 necromancer build. Having a lot of fun with it.

Fingers crossed I’ll be playing Demon Souls on PS5 this weekend though

And how about you?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

TheFrenchiestFry

So scalpers in Toronto are now being violently robbed of their PS5s with some even being held at gun or knifepoint to hand them over to another equally sleazy person

This is the most screwed up Kjiji ad I've ever seen lol

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 What do you work as? Great to here the cycling is still going well. "Yer a wreckin' machine!" Lol. I am considering ordering Tolkien's 'The Fall of Arthur' before diving back into the LOTR trilogy, so we'll be able to compare notes on lore at that point! .Do you reckon you will read the FOA as well? Arthurian legend and all that.

Edit: Did you buy the book on TLOTR that I recommended from Amazon? Also, Demon's Souls should be great on PS5, but enemy placement and the general lack of archstones throughout the game puts me off playing it in general, compared the Souls games.

N.B Dark Souls 3 was essentially a bonfire-fest, maybe they took it too far with that one. Thoughts?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

kyleforrester87

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m a property manager. I did like the look of that LOTR book but I’m not going to try and read anymore Tolkien until I’ve watched more of the lore videos! I just recently started reading The Stand by Stephen King though. Not sure what I make of it so far. I remember seeing a 2 part TV film when I was younger and it was pretty good? I think it got pretty trippy toward the end.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Thrillho

Finally got broadband sorted in the new house so catching up with everything on here! Loving our new place though and am adjusting to semi-rural life quite nicely

@Draco_V_Ecliptic No PS5 for me this week. Personally, I don't get the clamour to have new consoles straight after launch. This is the first time financially that I could go out and pick one up no problem but I'm happy enough to carry on with my PS4 backlog for now.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Welcome back to consistent connectivity! Glad the move went well.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic