Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 10,056

ralphdibny

Just went back to work for the first time in seven months. It was pretty OK, the place I worked was hot on PPE so I felt more or less safe. I'm a contractor though so if I get sent somewhere else where PPE is more lax then I think I'd have a worse time mentally. My company doesn't seem to have any rules making PPE (for covid) compulsory so it will end up being a mixed bag depending on what site I'm on/who I'm working with.

I had to go though, Ive been off the pitiful furlough I received for like 4 months and I've run my savings right down/run out of stuff and energy to sell on eBay. To get the flexible furlough for this new lock down I have to do some jobs so my bosses get enough to cover their contributions to it. They wouldn't have made enough to cover the previous contributions if they had kept us all in furlough between the two lockdowns.

I was quite excited to finally go back I suppose in a way, but now I'm knackered after probably walking 15k all day around a huge office, tired too. Can't wait to quarantine my work clothes and jump in the shower when I get home!

Anyway I know I'm not exactly in a terrible situation so sorry if this came off as a bit of a moan, I know people have been working for months or working from home etc. I just needed to unload somewhere and share my experience to be honest!

See ya!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Congrats, buddy! Glad you’re back in the saddle again. Going back to work after a long stretch off is pretty jarring, but you’ll get back in the groove. I always hate the first couple days back.
Just take some portable hand sanitizer and wear your mask. 😛

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution cheers! Yeah hopefully! My feet are killing me so hopefully they only offer me one day or less per week to begin with so my body can heal between shifts lol

See ya!

Anti-Matter

So, who have played Planet Coaster on PS4 / PS5 ?
What do you think about that game so far in term of designing the theme park ?
Can we set a 3rd party view from us as player to wandering around the park we have created ?

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Yeeesh, that’s crazy. Obviously good to wait for more information but never good to hear about that stuff.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, weird news story this. Apparently the police first attended their offices this afternoon, but the situation still hasn't been clarified hours later. Witnesses said that staff had barricaded themselves on the roof. Definitely something bizzare going on.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett @Gremio108 I'm seeing it might be the building next door but they have to stay inside but nothing substantial at the moment. Let's hope whatever it is it all gets peacefully resolved.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets It’s making me think of KyoAni’s arson attack last year. Obviously any sort of large scale incident is bad but when you see this happening at a studio whose primary goal is to entertain audiences, it just gets me.

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Bizarre. Still, better nothing than anything serious.

Gremio108

@nessisonett You just made me realise I spelled 'bizarre' wrong up there. After all those times I listened to OMC as well

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Considering the stuff gamers say online, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were swatted. Especially with both Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs both out recently.

nessisonett

@Gremio108 It’s the Kiwi accent, it adds a Z 😉

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Apparently someone swatted Ubisoft by making a false 911 call saying someone was holding Ubisoft Montreal hostage.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

@JohnnyShoulder how much you want to bet,it was because the idiot did not like their new game?

god this community sucks sometimes.

jdv95

BearsEatBeets

Good to know it turned out to be nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done by a moronic 'gamer', I hope they discover who it was.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic