Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,521 to 4,540 of 10,089

nessisonett

@RogerRoger To be fair, I haven’t tried it and it could be really nice. Cheese and jam works so why wouldn’t cheese and banana?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett [shudders at the thought of cheese and jam]

No, in all seriousness, the flavour profiles just work. Banana is sweet, but not too sweet, whereas the more mature the cheddar, the better it complements. At least in my experience.

But then there's absolutely no accounting for taste, so I'd still approach with caution!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

... You all have terrible taste in sandwiches

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger @nessisonett Cheese and banana & cheese and jam both sound barmy but don't knock it unless you've tried it I suppose.

People looked at me funny when I said I used to eat wheetabix dry, spread with butter and a light dusting of sugar.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

[looks at @BearsEatBeets funny]

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I get told I have the tastes of an 8 month pregnant woman because I put jalapeños, salsa and mayonnaise on toast. It just works, I swear!

HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett wrote:

I get told I have the tastes of an 8 month pregnant woman because I put jalapeños, salsa and mayonnaise on toast. It just works, I swear!

... I don't even know how to respond to that @nessisonett 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

My position here is not too dissimilar to what @RogerRoger said, minus that eyebrow raising cheese and banana sandwiches idea.

I'm okay with cheese when it's on a pizza or in a lasagne or something similar. With those, there's lots of other lovely flavours mixed in the meal.

But I'm not keen on meals where the cheese is the primary focus. Everyone else seems to love a strong cheesy flavour, but I've never understood that.

nessisonett

Untitled

Ralizah

Yeah, OK. It's independence day. Y'all limeys eat crumpets and banana and cheese sandwiches. The family and I are having a barbeque.

(language warning, lmao)

Cheese goes on almost everything, by the way. And the more of it, the better.

No wonder we're such an obese people.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Arugula I feel like saying ‘Happy Independence Day’ as a Brit sounds almost sarcastic 😂😂

Kidfried

Because of the 4th, I actually bought some Buds. Hardly anyone drinks those in The Netherlands.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Thrillho LOL Spray cheese isn't real cheese. I fully believe it's a form of edible plastic with cheese flavoring added to it.

Still delicious, of course, even if it's likely something that belongs nowhere near the human digestive system.

@Kidfried I can't drink normal beer. Alcohol has a really nasty aftertaste to it. With that said, for 99% of the year, I'm a complete teetotaler, but on independence day, new year's even, and on election day during election years, I feel free to drink as many alcoholic root beers and lemonades as I want.

I have a feeling a LOT of alcohol will be consumed this November, in particular.

@Arugula You could always wear a Union Jack shirt. Maybe put up a yard sign or poster with King George III stomping one of those "don't tread on me" snakes. Greet people with "Happy Treason Day!"

Ironically, that sort of confrontational attitude would make you that much more of an honorary American.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Beer tastes bad so I have to find ones that I actually can stand. In other words, ones that taste ‘beery’ are out. Hence, the cheap crap like Bud, Corona, San Miguel are ok. I was always told growing up that we were allowed to drink in the house from the age of about 14 at which point we all inevitably overindulged, were completely sick and now none of us are big drinkers!

Ralizah

@nessisonett It really does. Cigarettes are also really nasty. My first time drinking a Budweiser was my last. Same with smoking a cigarette. I smelled for days from the smoke. The best protection against becoming a smoker or drinker was indulging in the stuff.

Flavored alcoholic drinks can be OK, though, as can the occasional alcoholic candy.

To be honest, despite drinking a decent amount on these occasions, I don't ever remember becoming actually drunk. I think it helps that I consume a lot of water in-between alcoholic beverages.

I can't say I've never gotten high, unfortunately. Not directly, but I did attend a concert with an adult friend when I was 15, and the sheer volume of secondhand weed smoke apparently had me acting strange all night when I returned home.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I remember a guy from school offering me weed at a party but I wasn’t fussed. His reply of ‘Ok p*ssy’ immediately made me believe in the powerful tool of peer pressure. The adverts were right!! 😂😂

Th3solution

Just getting caught up on this thread and I’m not sure how cheese talk turned into inebriation stories, but it’s been a pretty interesting discourse. 😂
For the record - cheese is awesome. Beer is gross. And happy 4th @Ralizah and @Arugula . I was a little worried about saying anything on a predominantly British site, but ... well, I think we can all agree that it’s been a long time, so it’s all water under the bridge, that whole rebellion thing and all. 😅

Speaking of food and 4th of July — Joey Chestnut is a god. 75 hot dogs in 10 minutes to break his own world record. How does his stomach hold all that?! 😝

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic