Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 10,077

jdv95

well just don't make me a mod cause i would abuse that banhammer right now.

jdv95

nessisonett

Pretty sure I’d have been banned like 8 times this year already. I’m just a hard hitting free thinker you lot can’t touch me.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Reported as spam.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

crimsontadpoles

It's a horrid situation. What happened to George Floyd is terrible, and these kinds of things happen far too often to black people. And all the looting and violence and police brutality that happened afterwards is not right either.

Unfortunately I don't see any real way that this situation is going to improve once it quietens down. Without large-scale, systematic changes, things will just go back to how they were.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

themcnoisy

@LN78 I prefer promotion from within. Obviously if you have had a falling out with Rog in the past I'm sorry. He has been very supportive and I have gamed with him online and he's a top bloke. Not everyone gets along, sometimes I'm pushing too and fro with other users, however I always respect their opinion. For what it's worth I consider Rog a friend. I can only recall properly falling out with other users (mainly new commentors) when my comments are misread and used as a weapon against me. Or if they are damn unfair.

It was only an idea anyway, with the amount of tech topics and stuff popping up. Not that I have any sway in anything either lol.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

@LN78
It's really useful information to have. If I'm upset with someone, I'm always keen to know if I've overreacted to something they've done or misjudged them somehow. I'm certain we've all done that a few times in our lives, I know I have. I think being given the opportunity to reflect on that is a gift.

LieutenantFatman

Octane

@themcnoisy @RogerRoger I've been a mod on NLife for a couple of years, and being one also teaches you a lot of things. Maybe it's in combination with a teaching job that I've found it easier to take a step back and look at things from both sides, even though it doesn't always appear that way lol.

Octane

themcnoisy

@LN78 You've been on here for ages LN and your both big gamers so it's disappointing to hear. You have your reasons of course so we will leave it at that as I have no idea what's happened.

@Octane Cool, do you enjoy it? Ive seen a few comments and it's just insane stuff - mostly anti PS posts. Or going on about TLOU2 leaks etc. What's stranger to me, is its kind of fake outrage if that's a thing - a YouTuber / talking head will get agitated for clicks and Upvotes, then you see the same nonsense spouted in the comments sections verbatim.

Octane

@themcnoisy I mostly stay away from the comment sections these days. I only look at the reports, but there are quite a lot of mods on NLife; so it's not a labourous thing or anything like that. It's mostly deleting spam and banning spam accounts.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane I hereby apologise for causing several (mostly accidental I swear) intense comment wars on NLife. It must be hard to be a mod on there, it’s definitely a lot more heated on there.

MightyDemon82

Where do all the crazy people come from? I'm excited about the PS5 as much as anyone but a lot of the comments in that article were just awful. We all come here because we love gaming, I know this is a PlayStation site but regardless of which system you play on and what your background is, our passion for gaming should unite us not divide us.

Hope your all staying safe during these awful times wherever your from!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@Octane I just saw that NLife article’s comments. Good on you for trying to maintain a modicum of control because that got out of hand very quickly. It’s shocking what some people think is acceptable because they’re on the internet, I just don’t see any of those people saying ‘blacks commit more crime’ to your average Joe on the street.

Ralizah

People trolling and saying awful things in the comments under an article talking about a sociopolitical controversy?

Well I never!

@themcnoisy I notice a lot of anti-Nintendo/Xbox comments here as well. Crazy fanboys are everywhere.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah The anti-Xbox stuff totally ramped up in the last few months, it’s probably due to PS5 vs XSeX. I liken it to the local football derby where I’m from, the dirtiest, grudge-filled, historic nonsense. My team has won 9 titles in a row, due to the other team collapsing financially and so we’ve been riding high for years now, taking wins for granted. However, since the other team is now fully back and looking good, the hate and violence has absolutely intensified. The more XSeX looks like it could be proper competition, the worse fans will act. They’ve taken their dominance over Xbox for granted this whole generation and it’s become a running joke.

themcnoisy

@Ralizah So crazy as we all know Playstation is the best rofl.

Whilst your here bro looked up an awesome essay today I think you would be interested in;

https://jods.mitpress.mit.edu/pub/jyzg7j6x/release/2

The effects of participatory Propaganda. Its a great read. Focused more so on propaganda as a tool in escalating conflict, however its a great take on why there is a lot of division online. More so we inhale Propaganda at home in our own personal space. Also the points in relation to defriending your contacts is poignant and striking. Give it a read its a great paper. I think @mookysam you should give it a browse to mate, seems like something up your alley.

Octane

@nessisonett Yeah, I asked for it to be closed down, and I'm glad that it now is. I kinda expected to be ignored, but I'm pleasantly surprised!

Octane

Genrou

@Octane So why put up an article just to disable the comments. Kinda doesn't make sense to me.

Edited on by Genrou

Genrou

Rudy_Manchego

The internet is a weird place sometimes - honestly the best and worse of people seems to come out. Solidarity, friendship, community - all good things. Then there is the hate and fear spilling over. As Ghandi or someone clever probably said 'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.

One thing I do find weird and never understand is the call for politics to be left out of gaming when I feel those same people are the ones that get angry at anything they perceive to a political issue. Take for example Sony, you can be cynical if you want and say it is only PR etc. (which i don't agree with btw) but even if that is true, that is a business decision that Sony has made for the good of their product and launch which is just business life. Still, the world doesn' make sense to me at the moment.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic