Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,081 to 4,100 of 10,078

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I'm the same with spiders (he says, halfway through playing eight Spider-Man games in a row). The giant ones in Tomb Raider Underworld and Dragon Age: Inquisition unsettled me, but those games were both concluding parts of trilogies, so I put on a brave face.

Dog lovers should avoid Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (well, in my opinion everybody should, it's a terrible game). Its opening was awful. I tried to refuse compliance, but it forces your hand. Horrible.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

jdv95

so i completed TLOU plus left behind again.

the game is just to good.

i wonder what sort of twists part 2 will bring. (no spoilers please)

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 It’s gonna turn out the whole thing was orchestrated by a dog at a control panel. More games should have that twist.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@nessisonett hahaha good old silent hill 2.

for all the grim stuff that game had,it for sure pulled some whacky tricks out of it's hat.

the dog ending and the UFO ending.

jdv95

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @jdv95 ...and it's real title will turn out to be The Last of Us: Bark 2.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman One of the things that put me off with Detroit was the section with Todd beating up his daughter. This was used as a trailer prior to release and I was just like 'no sorry that's too far'.

Out of all the sections of the game, they chose that imo to be edgy. It was a bad call. There are a ton of amazing scenes later in the game, domestic violence isn't something I want to play through.

Also juvenile in tone sex stuff. I have been playing dead or alive 5, it's actually a really good fighting game with some easy to learn and hard to master mechanics. Glad I decided to finally play it. I'm not too offended by the provacative poses and lack of clothes on the Fighters - but its adds no value to me, and I know most girlfriends / wives would probably question their bloke if he was playing it. Not worth the hassle or arguments. It would be highly recommended without the over sexualised content.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy “Sex in video games should be plot-relevant” - I say, playing a VN where a guy gets raped by a robot lion.

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
I actually refused to play Detroit for that very reason. Admittedly Cage's weird sex offender antics didn't help but I digress. Detroit is even free on ps+ now but yeah, I just won't do domestic violence as entertainment, I'm glad it's not just me.

I find it absolutely vile and hugely uncomfortable. My inlaws love their soaps on the tv when I'm round. When the DV stuff starts I usually leave the room, or sometimes I go home and politely say, see you later. It's a bit awkward but hey ho.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Kidfried It should be winning, it's the best of the three by a mile! Of course America had to have a crab attack on the cover... it's Angry Kirby all over again!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I feel like Push Square shouldn’t feel too bad about itself when there’s an article like TLOU2 with some arguments, the sheer number of articles on NLife with 100+ angry comments is crazy. I do find it kinda funny that the Xbox and PlayStation sites have a way more docile and accepting fan base than Nintendo though, they’re traditionally the family brand!

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
I always thought that was curious as well. Perhaps suggestive of a less mature audience? Plenty of other factors to consider as well though such as how the staff deal with this sort of thing. Do they lead by example or fan the flames?

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman The staff aren’t a bad lot but they do write quite a few articles that definitely bait the more... vitriolic readers. I think the recent success of the Switch has seen a rise in commentators and given the gaming community’s reputation, the majority of new readers are of a certain persuasion. I’m just trying to stay out of it now, it gives me a headache. I just thought it was rather curious because I’ve been on that site since 2014 and it’s gotten pretty ridiculous fairly quickly. I only started going on Push Square around 2015 and it’s been a lot more docile for as long as I’ve been here.

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Yes, I know the feeling of being on sites that are so toxic, definitely wise to stay well away from it. It's really not worth your time or your mental health. Leave and never look back is my advice. Lots of friendly communities out there to enjoy.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman I’m seriously considering it, there’s a group now attacking the writers and calling them SJW man haters. It’s so frustrating because I actually ended up on these two websites because I was a subscriber of Nintendo magazine and when that shut down, they recommended NLife as a place to go. It’s just depressing seeing literally 250+ comments on any article that deals with anything remotely ‘political’. I myself am definitely guilty of getting annoyed and mouthing off at people on the site and I think I’ve just had enough.

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
In my experience, people who use 'sjw' tend to pretty much always want to spread discrimination & hate. Sounds awful, I'm sure there are other Nintendo sites which don't have such toxic communities.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett @LieutenantFatman I like Nintendo Life and enjoy a lot of the articles there and I also like their video content. That said, I avoid much interaction. I do find that Nintendo, I guess by its nature, has a very die hard fandom. I would guess because they have a very particular product and set of culturally significant characters and licenses in a way that perhaps Sony and Microsoft don't. Don't get me wrong, there are die hard fans of everything but there does seem to be a passion that becomes very outspoken quickly. Properties like Pokemon, Zelda, Smash etc. seem to have subcultures with them and I also think that Nintendo is a company that has had ups and downs and that adversity seems to create more passion and defensivness.

I tend to avoid the article comments and forums because I've had a few people be rather rude to me there for not knowing enough or being told I'm wrong. I mean, it's the internet but I feel here that if it is a site regular, when we disagree there will be a solid discourse.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

@Rudy_Manchego
Yes, it does reach a point where these things become an unhealthy obsession, something you more often see in certain sports and fans turn fanatics.

As you say, Sony ips don't tend to stay around for that long, I guess that makes the behaviour less likely. The only PSone Sony ip still around I can think of is Wipeout and that's a remaster, the devs sadly, long made redundant.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic