Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,869

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I am hopeful.
Though I'm having to wait for a delivery of saline before I can actually wear the new lenses away from the eye infirmary 🙄

I've got to build up wear time. So 4-6 hours a day for a couple of weeks. Those hours will mostly be after work, so it's shmup time! 😂

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Ha don't get me started on Rom the Vacuous Spider! I think I watched some if the IGN coverage as well.

I like Jim Sterling because as you say, he is passionate and intelligent and even if you don't feel as passionate, his writing and jokes are sharp and filled with a lot of humour. It is a big character act that I enjoy and I also feel he is pretty fair with most games. That said, @RogerRoger says, he is a pure Marmite entertainer!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@RogerRoger I don't actively watch it, but it works as background noise. Of course, it helps if the person playing it is informative IMO. I'm actually occasionally watching Retro Replay, because it nice to hear about the development of Uncharted for example. And yeah, I don't play horror games either, but I do like horror films, so I've watched some horror game let's plays in the past as well.

Octane

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Noice! Here's hoping it helps, and for a swift delivery of saline.

@Octane One day I'll learn to be able to have things on "in the background" and then I'll likely wind up doing much the same as you. Unfortunately my multi-tasking skills are somewhat lacking at the moment.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Nice one! Glad you have got the balance right and feeling better.

I'd love to know the formula as I am struggling with that at the moment between work, family and downtime.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

Not sure where to post this thought/question, and I don’t think it warrants its own thread, so I’ll just plop it down here:

Having “watched credits roll” on another game today, I was wondering if anyone actually watches the credits. Obviously the Marvel movies have revolutionized things with the post credits scenes — something I was happy to see they carried over into Insomniac’s Spider-Man game. Surely the upcoming Avengers game will likewise follow suit. I’m not sure if post-credits scenes were a thing before the MCU, but I’m sure someone out there will educate me if they copied the practice from someone else.

As for gaming, I sometimes watch the credits if the music is good but usually I just frantically push the “options” button, the touch pad, the “cross / X” button (😑), the triggers, anything to see if I can abort the credits to get back to the main menu. Many games don’t allow a way to bypass the end game credits. Titanfall 2 was like that today for me. So I watched as they cycled through the endless lists of names. At one point they listed “Titanfall 2 babies” which I can only assume were a list of all the babies that were born to employees of Respawn during the game development. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Sure, it’s cute and all, but basically any person who has any even minor affiliation with the studio during the game development appears to be listed. And that’s fine, it’s their game — they can do what they want. But at least give us the option to skip the credits if we want. There was a very minor post credits scene at the end of TF2, but it was next to nothing really.

Now, NieR Automata — that was some awesome end game credits. An interactive extension of the game, with symbolism mixed in and a true meaningful continuation of the narrative and the now famous final decision about sacrificing your game save ... just genius.

Anyways, while I was stuck watching every baby at Respawn be credited this afternoon, I wondered how many people actually watch the credits. My guess would be less than 10% of people actually pay any attention to end game credits. Maybe I’m wrong.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

There were definitely post credit scenes before the marvel films @Th3solution.

I remember the film Underworld had one of all things as a sequel hook. The first Pirates Of The Carribbean had a little scene too with Jack the monkey. Dead Man's Chest actually had a reveal tied to it's after credit scene...

Plenty of others I'm sure too, just the first two older ones to pop into my head

Horizon had a babies list and I think Crash Team Racing had one too. I think it's pretty weird honestly...

Also I skip 'em as often as I can... If it's unskippable I'll usually go do something else like grab a biacuit or make a sandwich/get a drink til it's finished

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

Kidfried

I love watching the credits until the end. I just love the moment to reflect on the maybe-20-plus-ish hours I've put into it

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Didn’t know about the Pirates and Underworld post credits scenes. I figured there were other movies out there that did it before, I just didn’t know which.
As far as games, I do think most games seem to make them skippable. But yeah, I also usually divert my attention away if I have to wait through them - like checking Push Square on my phone or going to the WC. 😛

I do remember sitting in awe a few times letting things sink in while credits roll for the games which really have an emotionally impactful ending, like @Kidfried mentioned.

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Wasn't as common back then of course @Th3solution but a number of films did it over the years... But as you say Marvel brought them back and then some and did the mid credit scenes too...

Speaking of Spider-Man, forgot to ask but did you like the Stan Lee (R.I.P) cameo in the game? I thought that was a nice touch too

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

jdv95

i do watch the credits most of the times just because i don't want to miss secret scenes.

"game babies" have been a growing trend. lot's of games have them these days and not just exclusives.

i don't mind post credits scenes tbh. altough some games that have them still allow you to skip the credits but still show you the scene,which is great.

i suspect that death stranding will have one.
maybe even TLOU 2 which would be a first for naughty dog games.

jdv95

Arugula

Depends how much I've enjoyed the game to be honest. I do vaguely remember the Titanfall 2 credits now you mention the babies. Lol.

Some are lovingly crafted and worth your time, Flower springs to mind though many are just a dull list of names.

Anyway, yes, I agree that all credits should be skippable.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

I'll watch end credits to a point. Like last night I finished the story of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it had some cool concept art from all three games. When that stopped and it was just a list of names, I skipped the credits and was taken to the post credit scene. If I've missed a post credits scene I'll just watch it on you tube. The babies thing is quite common I think, I have no problem with it really but I don't really pay much attention to it either.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, the Stan Lee cameo was a nice touch. Probably that’s the last we’ll see of him. He might show up in the Avengers game, but I think enough time has passed since he’s died that I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

————————

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I do remember reading at one point they had started filiming his film cameos in advance because he was getting a bit too sickly to keep coming in @Th3solution .

It's possible he could be in the game, especially with how long it's supposedly been in development... We'll just have to wait and see

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy He also made a cameo appearance surprisingly enough in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Arugula

I've always liked playing multiple games at once but just recently I'm all over the place. So far this weekend I've loaded and played parts of 8 different games. All stuff I've played before and there's little on the horizon I'm super excited about sans FF7 R which I'm equally nervous for. Just ready for the next generation I suppose. Details are nice and everything but I'm excited to see some screen action.

Arugula

jdv95

anyone else catch themselves watching past E3 shows as some sort of early countdown to the ps5?

actually want to watch the ps4 reveal conference again because it was so good.

jdv95

TheFrenchiestFry

@jdv95 I love the way it opened with the P and S coming onto the screen but it cut out to black before showing a montage of past PlayStation years

Highlights for me tho were Mark Cerny looking like a sleep deprived serial killer while holding the DualShock 4 and Shinji Hashimoto from Square Enix looking like he had no idea how he got on stage

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

... Y'know... I don't think I've ever actually watched a console reveal. Any of them. Caught a clip or two but that's it.

And from E3 I usually only bother getting the details of games like a week or so afterwards... 😂

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic