Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 10,078

jdv95

i do watch the credits most of the times just because i don't want to miss secret scenes.

"game babies" have been a growing trend. lot's of games have them these days and not just exclusives.

i don't mind post credits scenes tbh. altough some games that have them still allow you to skip the credits but still show you the scene,which is great.

i suspect that death stranding will have one.
maybe even TLOU 2 which would be a first for naughty dog games.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

I'll watch end credits to a point. Like last night I finished the story of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it had some cool concept art from all three games. When that stopped and it was just a list of names, I skipped the credits and was taken to the post credit scene. If I've missed a post credits scene I'll just watch it on you tube. The babies thing is quite common I think, I have no problem with it really but I don't really pay much attention to it either.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, the Stan Lee cameo was a nice touch. Probably that’s the last we’ll see of him. He might show up in the Avengers game, but I think enough time has passed since he’s died that I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I do remember reading at one point they had started filiming his film cameos in advance because he was getting a bit too sickly to keep coming in @Th3solution .

It's possible he could be in the game, especially with how long it's supposedly been in development... We'll just have to wait and see

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy He also made a cameo appearance surprisingly enough in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

jdv95

anyone else catch themselves watching past E3 shows as some sort of early countdown to the ps5?

actually want to watch the ps4 reveal conference again because it was so good.

jdv95

TheFrenchiestFry

@jdv95 I love the way it opened with the P and S coming onto the screen but it cut out to black before showing a montage of past PlayStation years

Highlights for me tho were Mark Cerny looking like a sleep deprived serial killer while holding the DualShock 4 and Shinji Hashimoto from Square Enix looking like he had no idea how he got on stage

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

HallowMoonshadow

... Y'know... I don't think I've ever actually watched a console reveal. Any of them. Caught a clip or two but that's it.

And from E3 I usually only bother getting the details of games like a week or so afterwards... 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm pretty much the same, I find the conferences such a bore and the crowd whooping irritating. I usually just watch a round up or something on you tube, usually on the next day.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I dislike the press conferences in general too. Something within me is resisting way too hard to get excited about a few ads.

That being said, my curiosity always gets the better of me. And I love reading the Push Square live blog and chat, while watching.

So, in the end Iam always having a good time. Though I am very happy they cut down on the length for these things in recent years.

I remember the two hour conferences. Phew.

And I guess for me these conferences are kind of like a tradition now. I don't even really think about whether I like them or not, but it just feels like they are part of being a gamer. (And make me feel less lonely, haha)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah the live chat on Push Square is good fun, I still rather be playing games though lol.

RogerRoger

If I happen to be on my computer around the time I notice an announcement going on, I'll watch it, but I very rarely schedule my day around it; news stories won't go anywhere, not until I'm next sitting down with a cup of coffee, catching up on what I've missed whilst elsewhere.

But I agree with others, having a place to come and chat live whilst conferences are ongoing does make it more tempting. I've only participated in a couple PushSquare live chats, but they've been fun!

Conferences are great to watch after the fact. I'll read the headlines and then, if there was a particularly major piece of news, I'll find the original conference moment because it's kinda cool to see the crowd reaction and atmosphere of the place. It just kinda reinforces how big of a deal some things are. Beyond that, it's pure nostalgia for me, going back to watch older E3s and the like (and even then, I'll watch edited highlights or specific moments, not the whole thing).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

I've only seen a couple E3s in full in my lifetime, and that's probably enough for me lol. I know I watched last year's E3 with the live chat, but I couldn't type anything for whatever reason.

I feel like everytime a major conference comes around, I keep telling myself "It's cool to watch, it's gonna be awesome seeing this live, you'll feel like you're in the know." But then by halfway I'm put to sleep by the fluff in between the games.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

LiamCroft

@jdv95 I do this a lot in the lead up to E3. I'll watch past conferences with the Giant Bomb dudes talking over them. Always good fun that passes the time.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Kidfried

Some days the daily news can be so tiresome, that I'm really happy to have hobby's like gaming and listening music that can help me totally forget about them.

Not that I'm against "politics" in my games, whatever they may be, but it's just so great with gaming that you have an escape from reality, in any direction you'd like.

And with that... I'm off to my beloved, my PS4. <3

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yes, I agree. Gaming is one of the few safe havens I have from the world. Music is another, like you say.
I try to avoid the cynical environment of politics and the despair and contention that it often breeds. The unpredictability of news media and sports, always a disappointment around the corner. Yet, when I want to scream at the TV when the world ultimately disappoints me, I can pop in a game and enter another world. Typically I can shape or conquer that world as a hero, and become the participant of a story of victory over something bad. I feel empowered. I feel relieved by the escape. For a few hours, the world and it’s problems don’t exist.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@Kidfried With what is currently going on in the UK as well as all the horrific things throughout the world, gaming is certainly a nice bit of escapism. The news is so negative and despairing it actually does my head in.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

So, they really do exist.

This morning in transit I was sitting next to a whale.

No, of course I'm not farshaming anyone.

I mean a person who was playing some Bejeweled knock-off and pretty regularly went to the App store to buy premium currency for it.

I don't even wanna know how much this person spends on this game over the course of the month, but I reckon that if a game has a handful of those on the daily, that will amount to quite a nice income.

Riding by train for four hours a day, makes you see all kinds of persons. What a world.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I'm now just picturing you going all David Attenborough during your commute.

"And here, we see a very rare sight indeed; it's a wild Whale. Watch as its eyes focus so intently on its smartphone, blocking out all other external stimuli. If we're really lucky, we'll get to see it try and... oh yes, there it goes, into the App Store! Not even checking its bank balance, it's just acting on instinct and adding currency! This is a truly magnificent display."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic