Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 10,078

RR529

I think I'm hooked on those apps that let you play real crane games in Japan over the internet to win plushes, anime figures, etc., lol.

Luckily, I've been able to hold myself to free plays only, and I have recently won (and recieved) something, so I at least know one of them is legit.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

crimsontadpoles

I've not really had any games that I was hyped for before the release, then heavily disappointed after getting it. Pokemon Sword and Shield might have been able to do that to me, but thankfully they revealed long before the release that you can't use all your past pokemon. The best part of the Pokemon games for me has always been collecting the various creatures, so that minor restriction is a big deal to me. After that announcement, my hype for the games completely vanished. Currently I don't plan on getting a Switch to play them, but still hoping that some news could change my mind.

HallowMoonshadow

Mmmm it's happened to me a number of times @Tasuki

The last game that did it for me was Rogue Galaxy. Never got round to playing it when it originally came out. I tried getting a PS2 copy from CEX (that shouldn't of been sold as it was scratched to hell and completely unplayable)

So I ended up buying the PS4, PS2 classic digital version.

Having loved the hell out of Dark Cloud & Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) by Level 5 I thought that their Space Adventure version of it would be pretty darn fun.

...Rogue Galaxy was anything but fun.

A complete and utter slog that was mind numbingly repetitive with a story that was full of tropes, plot holes, bland as hell characters with poor characterisation.

I pretty much hated the game on every possible level.

Even though I got it for £12 (I payed £20 each for Dark Cloud and Chronicle physically) I wish I'd waited for a sale.

FFVII as I already said disappointed me and a few others have not living up to the hype (Skyrim, Fallout 4, SMT: Soul Hackers, Pokemon White being a few others) but Rogue Galaxy probably was the most disappointing overall to me

Oh my @RR529 ! I know that Nami figurine was pretty decent but don't get Craned er Clawed? "hooked" 😂

To be honest I'm a little hooked myself on playing the free to play game Let It Die myself. Haven't spent anything but there's always the temptation....

I wouldn't say it's pretty minor wanting to get your favourite pokémon @crimsontadpoles . Never did collect them all myself in any of the games but I always did enjoy restarting the games over with different teams... Hopefully there's a good number like four or five hundred pokes!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

Has anyone listened to any decent 60s/70s rock albums on vinyl recently? If so, which ones?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

@Jaz007

Jaz007 wrote:

The last time I had that feeling it was because I watched something so good it made anything else with a story feel boring.

Out of curiosity, what was this amazing thing you watched?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Soooo... How sad would you say it is guys that I'm rather happy about getting the most views on my youtube channel yet... with a grand total of 12 views on one video? 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Not sad at all. If you enjoyed making it and putting it out, viewers are secondary. At least that is what I tell myself for my podcast and channel.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That's not sad, that's great! Twelve people around the world have watched and hopefully enjoyed something you've created. Now imagine those twelve people standing in front of you; it's a bigger group than the number makes it look, isn't it? You've got an audience!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

D'aww thanks @Rudy_Manchego & @RogerRoger

It was only the opening ten minutes of the Code Vein trial/demo though. I never really got to any actual gameplay. The next part has gameplay and like 2 views... Still better then most of my videos which weren't seen by anybody! 😅

That's neat about the podcasts you do Rudy! I hope those go well!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

FullbringIchigo

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy hey most of mine are lucky to get above 10 so i completely understand when one video gets the highest you even had although to be fair i have and a couple actually get a few hundred and at leas one video break a thousand but for the most part they really don't get much in terms of views

i think those were just the right thing at the right time

you can check out my channel if you want https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIVN54pkcWWrJll8Rkjq90Q?view...

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy FYI, your YouTube link in your profile doesn’t work..

I used to have a music blog when I was at uni, mainly to talk about gigs I’d been to. It was quite addictive to look at your hits, where they came from etc.

And my highest YouTube vid views is 260k (only because it’s a quite rare song that I posted around ten years ago..)

Thrillho

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! It is very amateur, immature and unprofessional (and we are terrible at self promotion) but to be honest, it is so much fun being silly and making them that we just do it for the love of it to be honest. I think when it become a boring chore we will stop but at the moment we make each other laugh making up silly gaming news stories or doing fake industry interviews. Got to put that GCSE drama qualification to some use!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

andreoni79

Hey guys, I'm looking for some info about The Last of Us 2 but I can't find anything here. Suggestions?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 ha ha nice one! I try to avoid Push Square for gaming news when they go overboard like this as I've missed other stuff in the past. Shame cos normally the articles are pretty good, but I'd rather get it from somewhere else when this happens.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

So traditionally, my reaction to watching a Let's Play on YouTube has been the same as my reaction to playing sports games; if I wanna kick a ball about, I'll join a local five-a-side, thanks. The idea of watching somebody play a game just felt kinda hollow, in the same way I've never understood why Gogglebox is such a popular TV show.

But recently, after enjoying a couple episodes of Retro Replay (the Nolan North / Troy Baker vehicle) my best friend pointed me towards Eurogamer, whose content she really likes. I ended up watching their entire Let's Play of Alien: Isolation. It's a game I'd never have chosen to play myself, because I don't do horror games, but had heard nothing but good things about. I was curious enough to try their "Late to the Party" for it and now, fourteen episodes later, I've just finished it.

What likely helped is that Ian and Aoife, the folks playing it, were really quite funny and charming; I've usually recoiled from other content creators on YouTube, but these guys were consistently nice, nerdy and non-controversial. So yeah, I guess I was wrong to dismiss the entire Let's Play thing. I really had fun checking out their experience, and now feel like I've enjoyed Alien: Isolation without having to put myself in the nerve-shredding driving seat.

What are your thoughts on Let's Plays? Do you all like / dislike them?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah i don't to get them at all, if I wanna play a game I'll just play it. Even if you watch someone play a game you not gonna get totally what it feels like to experience it. I don't see the point of them. And don't get me started on stuff like Gogglebox, it really annoys me that it is so popular and all reality tv should be binned imo. If I was ever to do a 'Room 101' it would probably be top of the list to go in.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger I've seen some great streamers and Let's Plays and I think there is a real skill to it so I get why people do want to watch it. However, with time being limited and already filled with games, movies, youtube, websites etc. I just can't see myself getting into it.

@LN78 Ah ha so you have listened to my podcast then? I will order more pebbles!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic