Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 10,090

KALofKRYPTON

@kyleforrester87
It is an absolute pisser! Glad you're on your way out of a stint of Nick Fury!

The possibility that I'd need a transplant or two has always been a spectre on the horizon (bit dramatic that... ), so at least it's not a total shock. I was very hopeful that I could just have some cross linking done and go beck to regular RGP lens wear though.

But, ah-well - there are worse things.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Surely that should be Venom Snake/Big Boss?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder πŸ€”πŸ€”

I'll compromise with Sagat! πŸ˜‰

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON At a random moment this afternoon, I thought to myself "I wonder how KAL's getting on with his eye appointment?" so I'm sorry to log on and read that it wasn't the best news. Fingers crossed for those lens options you're gonna examine next week!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Thanks man. I hope there's something not to quality of life spoiling.

I'm open to just not bothering since I've had a year of it now, but with the possibility of the left eye going the same way, I'll have to settle on something.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON It's either that, or you've got a latent mutation. You'll need special red glasses, and James Marsden will end up playing you in the movie.

I was about to say "I can think of worse fates" but then yeesh, James Marsden.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger You say that now - but when I'm on screen with a not crap looking Sonic, you'll be awash with jealous rage!

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, that sounds like a bummer. It’s strange the way they put those restrictions on you. It’s as if they want to penalize a person who is trying to do some extra study, get more education, and better themselves and their marketability. Makes no sense. If you have the ability and the motivation to work and study at the same time, that should be rewarded not penalized.
Welp, at least its two weeks off for more gaming. πŸ˜„

Edited on by Th3solution

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’ve got an idea β€”
Set alarm for 6:00 AM. Wake up, eat breakfast.
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM : slay dragons and mythical creatures
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM : participate in crime fighting and the pursuit of justice
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM : lunch
1:30 PM - 3:30 PM : Save the princess
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM : Alternate between racing vehicles and exploring ancient ruins

Then take take it easy in the evening, have a nice dinner, go for a walk, and relax for an hour or two.

7:00 - 9:00 : Explore other galaxies and interact with alien species
9:00 - 11:00 : Finish up any remaining tasks involving saving the world and wrap things up before bed.

See, a full schedule every day to keep your routine! πŸ˜„

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Variety is the spice of life, which is why I only need to play video games!

@KratosMD That's rough. Good luck and don't let it get you down too much.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@KratosMD It often amazes me how often officials, employees and departments have zero idea or awareness of the rules, until you literally have to ask them to confirm. People always seem to think that it's your responsibility to know and check this stuff, not theirs (oh, if only there was a department to monitor these things... wait a second). I mean, it's literally their job.

So I wish I could say that I share in your surprise at how quickly everything happened, or at how shocked you were that nobody at the Public Employment Service had noticed this about your internship, but I can't. As somebody who also doesn't like rapid change, I can only say that I hope you'll be alright and that you're able to enjoy your newly-granted vacation.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

Public Employment Service sounds like a better game than Pro Evolution Soccer.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD That sucks man, try to use the 2 weeks to relax and escape all that as much as you can. Video games and Netflix are great for that!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

KratosMD wrote:

Also I know that I'm using all these terms like PES and SIA but those are the English names of the agencies here in Sweden. I actually have no idea if there are any corresponding ones in the UK to make it easier as a comparison.

Beyond "government department / agency", there's no comparison needed. It's the same all over!

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

First world problems.

I'm still using my vanilla launch model PS4. Seeing games like Death Stranding, TLOU 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 really makes me want to go out and buy a PS4 Pro. However, knowing that the PS5 is probably less than a year away when Death Stranding comes out, it feels like a waste of money. But at the same time, I don't want ignore the games until the PS5 is out.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I would probably wait for PS5 unless you are desperate to keep both consoles. Also, I would check the weather. If Death Stranding is coming out in winter, you can use the inevitable heat generated by the fan when the OG PS4 is running it to heat your house.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego That's a brilliant idea!

Yeah, I don't think I'd sell my OG PS4. I'm hoping for another 2TB LE edition. I missed out on the 500 million PS4, but if they do another one for 100 million consoles sold, I'm definitely getting it.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic