Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB

Posts 501 to 520 of 844

AgentCooper

@SillyBoyJudas I thought that too. I played it last year and it is a really chill experience, perfect to slot into a more hectic schedule. I hope you enjoy it 👍

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

PSN: Bundersvessel

R1spam

I played this game last year and would definitely recommend some decent headphones or failing that, just pump the volume up!! Some fantastic shredding! Not that I could speak to this (ahem) but strongly suspect that this game would be amazing to play high AF! Enjoy folks

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Th3solution

I am interested in Artful Escape and will see how the month unfolds as to if the time and situation present itself so I can join in. Good to hear it’s a ‘short-but-sweet’ game.

As for Disco Elysium, I’m still mopping it up and definitely feel like I’m on the home stretch. It’s really coming together and the whole thing is elevating toward a more satisfying experience as it progresses. A lot of my initial complaints and problems with the game have become trivial the more I get into it.

After this I’ll probably not post long thoughts and final impressions here since we’re moving on to a new month. But as of now, I’m after the tribunal and have met the Deserter and also interacted with the Phasmid. I also had a really touching dream sequence with Delores. I suspect there’s just a few more story beats since I have a confession from the old Deserter and the murder weapon, but the way this game’s story has had its twists and turns, I’m not counting anything out yet. I’ve changed my thoughts of who the murderer is about 4 times. 😅

But I feel like this is actually the penultimate storybeat, and I would have pushed through to what is probably the final sequence but I was really tired and needed to go to sleep and I really wanted to relish what feels like is going to be an epic conclusion and I don’t want to feel like I’m rushing it.

But I’ll put final thoughts into the game’s specific thread if I feel so inspired once I finish it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution Yeah, you’re practically at the end now but the last bit is good fun.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho I was really glad that I chose to have a rest nap at the bed on the island. I had full health and morale so I nearly skipped it since I didn’t ‘need’ to sleep from a health standpoint. I did it just to check off and complete my task list on my way out of the compound. So I was going to this interaction with Delores after I promised the Phasmid that I would move on from her. So it made the dream sequence really hard and also poignant. I wanted to just brush her off but I also felt the regret and emotional impact of Harry botching his relationship with her. Given I had reformed myself from alcohol (not a single drink all game!) and had gone on to immense financial stability (I have tons of Real at this point and also enormous net worth), I felt like she would take me back. But I promised I’d move on from her so it made it hard. Btw, the Phasmid interaction was a surprise and just a wonderful moment. Love that!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@AgentCooper Nicely done with this month’s emojis, by the way. 😄

QualityGeezer

Hi all once again thanks for getting the club going again just wondered what our club game of the year would be. (Out of club games we've played)Tchia for me

[Edited by QualityGeezer]

QualityGeezer

AgentCooper

@QualityGeezer Hey friend, that's a great idea. If the community has the stamina for another vote it could be a fun curiosity.

Th3solution

@QualityGeezer Yeah, it’s a good question. I think for me the best overall might be the one we just finished, Disco Elysium. I don’t know. As a full package it was the most impressive. I have probably been most surprised by The Quarry. I enjoyed that a lot more than I expected. And Tchia and Stray were both outstanding too. Humanity and Death’s Door were also good, especially Humanity for me.

Man, it’s a tough choice. 😅

[Edited by Th3solution]

SillyBoyJudas

I'm partly way and maybe even halfway through The Artful Escape. With the monthly games I usually like to go in blindfolded and the first few minutes I already judged the game that I wouldn't enjoy playing a musical game. Man, was I wrong. The ability of the game developers to make a game where the music somehow still sounds good even if you aren't into metal or whichever genre of music that the protagonist plays usually when you press square. The art design reminds me of Little Big Planet but on acid. I am enjoying this playthrough and will be done by this weekend or sooner seeing as I'm halfway through the game in one evening. This is a nice new game for me to end the year on.

SillyBoyJudas

PSN: SillyBoyJudas

QualityGeezer

@Th3solution I would agree disco elysium is the better game, just played it when it come out so independent of the club.
I started playing the artful escape and tbh it's not for me, I suck at these kinda games, but my mates over tonight and he really likes it so will watch him play it and have an opinion tomorrow

[Edited by QualityGeezer]

QualityGeezer

AgentCooper

Morning gang! Any thoughts on next year? Should we keep the shortlist rolling over or start fresh? I know a few wanted to keep the current one running when I last asked and I’ve removed anything that doesn’t receive a vote for two consecutive months as a rule.

Let me know and start throwing your ideas and votes to me.

Have a lovely day everyone 👍

EDIT: It has been 10 days so I’ll throw some tags in here 👍

One love 👍
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

[Edited by AgentCooper]

AgentCooper

Happy New Year Gang! Obviously things are a bit slow at the moment but I’m nothing if not stubborn. When you all get chance get in touch with your thoughts and suggestions for January. Did anyone play Artful Escape?

I hope you’ve all had a lovely festive period, take care 👍

AgentCooper wrote:

Morning gang! Any thoughts on next year? Should we keep the shortlist rolling over or start fresh? I know a few wanted to keep the current one running when I last asked and I’ve removed anything that doesn’t receive a vote for two consecutive months as a rule.
Let me know and start throwing your ideas and votes to me.

Have a lovely day everyone 👍

EDIT: It has been 10 days so I’ll throw some tags in here 👍

One love 👍
@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

Th3solution

@AgentCooper Happy New Year, Coop! I personally just ran out of track so didn’t get a chance to play Artful Escape. I still want to play it one day. It seems like a nice diversion when the time is right.

As for going forward for the new month, it makes sense to start from scratch with a new list since it’s a new year.

I’ll start the nominations with A Plague Tale: Requiem. Really looking forward to that one after enjoying the first. For good measure I’ll add back Inscryption, which I need a push to get to. And I’ll also add another that I started after seeing it on one of the GOTY lists, but I haven’t made it very far, and that’s PowerWash Simulator. I’ve done just one job but I want to see it through for a little longer. I’m not sure how much discussion it would generate, but pops up a lot as beloved in the genre.

Hopefully 3 isn’t too many. If so, you can drop the last one.
Cheers for continuing to shoulder the Game Club mantle!

CaptD

Happy new year @AgentCooper and all of the club members.

My vote is for A plague tale requiem, second vote is for Tinykin.

CaptD

R1spam

@AgentCooper happy new year!! Hope you had a good one. I played artful escape before and really enjoyed it. I never knew Bob Dylan had an electronic phase until I played and heard about this game. I never played plague tail innocence so not sure about jumping straight into requiem. I'll throw a vote for tren and for teardown, as the destruction puzzle madness of it looks amazing.

XBOX: Placebo G

AgentCooper

Alright Gang! New year, new game and a new list, let’s do this thing!

A Plague Tale: Requiem is your game. Here’s some info courtesy of HLTB

Untitled

Going to borrow a little trick from the Pure Xbox club and ask for your suggestions and votes for February right off the bat, and in turn might give more of you chance to log in and make a contribution.

One love 👍

Kidfried

I do wanna play this game, but time is a difficult thing to manage, while I'm playing big games as Horizon and Final Fantasy as well. I did play the first game, and am curious for this one. Hopefully I can find the time!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic