Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 581 to 600 of 764

KAIRU

@themightyant Agree with you regarding the sandbagging. I think they've got more power in that car than they're letting on. And it would be typical that Checo would be absolutely flying if Max were to have an incident.

Maybe we need the Red Bulls to emulate the Mercedes' collision at Spain in 2016...

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

themightyant

@KAIRU Was thinking this when Checo was briefly competing, a few RBR teammate collisions would give us incredibly tight racing. It's generally been so close behind.

Alternatively what we as fans need is Max to have a more consistent teammate who at least makes it closer to a fight. But I understand why RBR and Horner wouldn't want that. You want a Bottas more than a Rosberg (and that was only really one season).

Almost impossible to have two top drivers competing for the title and not self sabotaging. Look what happened in 2007 with Alonso and Hamilton! They fought so much, split so many wins, and Lewis in particular got some pretty bad luck in the last 2 races which let their competition Kimi Raikkonen come and win the drivers title at the final race. It also caused a schism in the camp that led to Alonso moving on, bad blood. Great for us, but terrible for the team. Kicking themselves!

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

KAIRU

@themightyant It would be nice to see someone other than a Red Bull win a few races, to be honest. Even if it were only once or twice.

It actually has been quite competitive and close in the midfield this season. Didn't all constructors and most of the drivers have points on the board after the third or fourth race? Great stuff!

It's good to see Mercedes become a bit more competitive now. Ferrari seem to be stuck in their ways and I worry they're going to continue to fall behind Mercedes and Aston Martin if they don't sort themselves out and, speaking of Aston Martin, I hope Spain was a one-off poor performance for them. I really hope we'll see them fight with Mercedes a lot more this year.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

themightyant

@KAIRU Yes exactly, all constructors had points after a few races. If someone messes up even a little in qualifying it might mean they don't get into Q2 or Q3 and have to start down the grid. Last race top 6 quali places were taken by 6 teams.

At least in the past we had random races where like Gasly winning in Monza or Checo winning in Sakir (pre-red bull).

themightyant

KAIRU

@themightyant Yeah, would love to see Alonso and Hamilton win a race each this season. Quite unlikely they'll do it on track and on pure merit given RB's sheer pace but it would be great to see regardless!

KAIRU

Did this little Canadian GP quiz on the BBC website this morning. Managed to score 9/10 — a couple were guesses, I admit! — but I'm quite impressed with myself because I wasn't expecting to get that many!

Here's the link if you fancy giving it a go: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65805493

themightyant

@KAIRU Well done!

I'm so bad at these. Have a memory like a sieve, sometimes even when i've been there I forget the details. lol. My sister seems to remember everything sporting relegated. Starting lines ups, who won, who scored and when. I just have a vague recollection of something happening and usually remember more the enjoyment I had.

With the excuses firmly out of the way, how did I do?

Officially 6 but it cheated me, I added Schumacher and Hamilton separately and it didn't allow it. So i'm giving myself 7/10. I did guess Stroll going through all the numbers though so perhaps honours even lets call it 6.5 / 10. Happy with that

Had I not spent time trying several spellings of Schumacher (i'm dyslexic in English let alone German) I might have had a bit of time to spam a few other famous F1 names and fluke some more.

themightyant

KAIRU

@themightyant Yeah, I'm usually quite bad a quizzes but thought I'd give this one a go. Surprised I got as many as I did. Like yourself, I probably only knew about half of them and just guessed the rest.

BearsEatBeets

@KAIRU @themightyant I only managed 2/10 (officially) but giving myself 5. I spent far too long trying to get the spelling for the first one plus I had the same issue with the 2 multiple winners not accepting individually. So I'm counting those and I knew the Jenson one but ran out of time that I didn't even get to the last few questions.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Anyone planning on watching tomorrow's GP with the 'Daniel Ricciardo & Will Arnett' audio? 😄 If they do a highlights version I might be tempted to give it a go later on.
Hopefully the conditions give us a nicely mixed up grid in qualifying shortly.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets might check it out if there is a quiet spell. Could be fun

“Hopefully the conditions give us a nicely mixed up grid in qualifying shortly.”
Briefly the two Williams split the two Red Bulls. Here’s hoping for that sort of madness, this weekend has been very unpredictable so far.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

Sainz got to be in for a penalty for hanging around at the final corner. I wonder who will be the brave/foolish one to go for dry tyres first in Q2?

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant and he did it again! Extremely entertaining qualifying though. Gutsy decision by Albon and Lando paying off.
A RB, Ferrari and Aston Martin all out in Q2 👏

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets 100% and Mercedes (Hamilton) only just sneaking through in 10th. Q3 probably not going to be as fun, it’s just raining, track conditions getting worse, I think early laps may count

themightyant

themightyant

Spoke too soon. Red flag means Hulk in P2 and conditions will now change. Will they get worse?

themightyant

KAIRU

Yeah, what the bloody hell was Sainz doing? Why is he going so unnecessarily slowly at the end of the fastest straight? Absolutely mental!

Crazy grid for the race tomorrow if it remains as is!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic