Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,065

Ralizah

@Kidfried lol

It appeals to your inner voyeur, does it?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@crimsontadpoles Sorry you haven't had a mention or what not. Browsing this leaving thread because my good pal @RogerRoger is having a break, I missed shout outs to @John_Kal who's done some amazing reviews (just miffed he hates MGS 5) and @Ryall let alone the plethora of other Pushsquare like @triplegk @mrobinson @airbag jeez I've left out a ton actually I just can't remember all the user names correctly. There's over a million people following Pushsquare and at least 1500 members (Probably way more actually).

When it comes to popular people, that's never really been the case here. Unless you do something daft like troll, threaten someone or stalk someone on Facebook - true story happened to me here, they had my wife's name and everything. Anyway as long as you are clued up (which you are) and are a big gamer (that's beyond doubt), you are exactly why I visit here. If I haven't engaged with your comments it's not because you are not popular, I couldn't care less if you are popular or not. Your opinion matters as I have and will read your comments.

Don't leave because you feel less popular. Let's make you stay by making you included. So are we making a game together on Dreams or what?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@KratosMD Sorry to butt in, but:

• You're not going to be able to do anything about people taking time off from the forum on occasion, or even permanently leaving. Stuff happens. People move on.
  • Not everyone is going to be cool with every thread on a forum, and that's perfectly OK. Crimson didn't ask you to delete the thread, did they? They don't feel comfortable with it and, feeling like their own posting has been suffering anyway, decided to duck out for a while. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, and it's nothing you can or should have any control over anyway.
  • I think you're probably taking this too personally.

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy How you getting on with the story FGS? Dreams is full fat releasing in 3 days. I will be locked in when I get back from France on the 19th (probably start the game proper on the 20th). Ignore my original story idea and if you have a good starting point we can make a 5 minute tech demo.

#totallyoffsubjectbutIseenmywriterhere

HallowMoonshadow

KratosMD wrote:

and then I remember you Foxy leaving earlier last year because of a heated debate on NL

Well not so much a heated debate as a joke in poor taste told at the worst possible time... But yes that was the circumstances I was alluding to in my post.

I never said you shouldn't of made the topic (It's an idea that I can tell only has the best intentions at heart) and apologies if I didn't make it clear that I thought it was a neat idea in my previous post.

I can also imagine pretty clearly how much it stings that crimsontadpoles is taking a break because of something that you thought would bring everyone closer together and make them feel more welcome.

But you know things aren't as black and white as that..

I'm not really sure what else to say about this whole situation @KratosMD as I kinda already said my feelings on the matter...

... Not to mention the fact we're having such a discussion is also doing your newly found thread a disservice and I think it's best if we all leave it here yeah?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ryall

@KratosMD Try not to take someone not liking a thread you created personally. Back in the day @Tasuki locked two of mine and I know he didn’t have a problem with me because the ban hammer didn’t fall.

Ryall

Ralizah

@KratosMD ...my point is that you're taking it more personally than you should. The sense I got from their post is that they were wanting to take some time off anyway, and being uncomfortable with that thread just added some fuel to the fire.

They didn't specifically call you out. They didn't ask you to take it down. They stated their feelings and left it at that. And they're entitled to feel those feelings, just as you're entitled to feel the way you feel about your thread. Not everybody has to agree about everything.

But, to be painfully honest, I doubt Crimson is going to be the only person who will end up feeling uncomfortable with that thread. ANY thread or activity that singles out specific users for praise is going to make some people feel that way. It doesn't mean the thread shouldn't exist, or that you're a bad person for making it. It is what it is.

But, as Foxy said, I'll leave it there. This isn't really the place for such a discussion, and I believe I've made my feelings on the matter clear.

Edited on by Ralizah

crimsontadpoles

I didn't intend for any of this to turn into a big discussion, so I'll just try and clear the air before continuing my break from here.

@KratosMD I'm sorry for causing things to get riled up, and I'm sorry for causing you to need a break from these forums. Don't take any of my complaints personally. You're clearly a kind-hearted person wanting to encourage a greater community here.

Personal life is the most important thing to focus on, so take all the time away that you need to. I wish you the best of luck with your studying and exams. Hopefully in the future we'll both be back on here having a more fun discussion about games.

But for now, goodbye and take care.

Jaz007

Good night gravy. I walked away for few hours and feel like the place got capsized in my absence. @RogerRoger left for a bit, now my man @KratosMD is leaving for a little while, gosh dang. I hope to see you again soon @KratosMD. If you ever need to vent let me know.
I feel like I'm gonna wake up tomorrow though and @themcnosiy is gonna be absent because his work put him on a helicopter to a different country for something that needs urgent fixing, @Kyleforrestor87 is gonna say his house got burned down by a toilet catching on fire, @Th3Solution is gonna find th3problem and, well, you get the idea every that posts is gonna be gone.

Jaz007

Jaz007

As for what happened, I think it really is a matter of consistent posting for the most part. I know I haven't been posting as much and probably am relying a bit on being a legacy member here (been here since 2012 and have been very active in the past). I trying to become more active again and honestly feel like I might have hard time remembering everyone I need to shout out to. But then again, the point of the thread is to build on that over time, so no biggie if you can't remember everyone the first time around.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

Right we need someone to close this thread off. It's too heartbreaking. @KratosMD @crimsontadpoles and @RogerRoger are all gone. Noooooooooo.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy @Jaz007 Yeah I think some are over reacting slightly. Rog is fine and will be back soon. Hopefully it is just a coincidence that 3 members taken a break in the space of a week, must be something in the air. Who needs soaps when you have PushSquareEnders for your drama.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

If the internet is to believed it's probably Sony's fault, for not announcing the PS5 sooner.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I blame Brexit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Rudy_Manchego @KALofKRYPTON @kyleforrester87 @nessisonett @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Kidfried @Ralizah @ApostageMage @JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution @Gremio108 @WanderingBullet @Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Fullbringlchigo @DonJorginho @crimsontadpoles @KratosMD

You're all the very best of people. Just wanted to make sure you all know that. Sorry to see things got a little intense back there, and hope you're all alright. Looking forward to being back soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DonJorginho

@RogerRoger love you man, am glad you're all alright and am happy to have you back on here! 💙

DonJorginho

LieutenantFatman

Ok peeps, I'm going to be offline for a few minutes now. So I won't say goodbye, just see you soon. Maybe I'll return with doughnuts*, who knows?

*There definitely won't be any doughnuts.. or donuts for that matter.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic