Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,065

Fight_Teza_Fight

Hi everyone! Back from self-imposed gaming exile.
Just started up Death Stranding while I'm back home.

Going to take the PS4 back with me & finally catch up with some games.

Happy Holidays!!!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight Welcome back! Enjoy catching up with everything!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight you are alive!

Good to hear from you teza. Good luck with DS, big game and great fun.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

@Fight_Teza_Fight Missed ya, mate. Have fun catching up!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger @themcnoisy @DerMeister @Thrillho @Ralizah Thanks everyone! Well & truly back. Marathoned DS for 7hours straight & got Borderlands 3 to follow it up with.

Probably not the place, but does anyone know how to set up a secondary PS4?
My primary Pro will be staying at my parents, but I want to the take my OG PS4 back with me.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight I might be wrong, but you should get a prompt when you sign in, asking you "Is this your primary PS4?" (either that, or it's done automatically for whichever console you're signed in to, so you'll then need to go and deactivate it under Settings - Account Management - Activate as Your Primary PS4).

I'd strongly recommend some Google detective work, however, as you might lose access to games you've purchased, or be unable to earn trophies or whatnot. Not quite certain how that works.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger Thanks! I’ve not had both systems set up at once yet, so I wasn’t sure how to go about it.
Just knew it was a thing.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight No worries; yeah, even after I looked it up on Google for myself, I'm not exactly certain how to go about doing it, so definitely have a read over people's answers and find the tips that sound like they'll point you towards what you wanna achieve.

And best of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

And so after several years with this site I feel it's time for me to move on. As of late I just haven't been clicking with the community here. While I agree that it's still one of the best communities around I just feel it's not for me anymore.

As of late the threads popping up in the forums are just not for me. Politics, sexual orientation, calling people snowflakes etc. I come to a gaming site to escape that sort of stuff if I wanted to discuss that sort of stuff I'd go to those types of forums. I am not saying those subjects aren't important I just feel they don't belong in a gaming site.

Also with focus shifting to the PS5 and me choosing at least not right away getting a PS5 since there's still plenty of games I need/want to play on PS4 I am just not interested in PS5 articles.

With that said I wish every well and happy gaming. I also wish Sammy, Ant, Robert and the rest of the staff success with the site.

Take care and it was a great ride while it lasted!!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Tasuki We’ll miss you, Tas, but I know we all have our own lives to live so I can respect your feelings. I appreciate the rock of stability and commitment you have been to Push Square. I, for one, hope you return and become a part of the community again down the road. As the site grows, a lot of things change, but the basic fellowship of gamers who share a common love of gaming craft will still be here at the core. At least I hope so. 😄 With any luck we’ll see you soon!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki I reckon they belong just fine in the general discussion category, providing everyone is being civil with one another. But if you aren’t enjoying it, I understand. To be honest the community has changed a lot in the past couple of years, I find it difficult to contribute in any meaningful way but everyone seems to be enjoying writing massive reviews and talking about Star Wars so I just dip in where I can 😂

Hope to see you back, all the best dude.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@kyleforrester87 That's pretty much my feelings on it, as long as everyone's being civil then ok problem is I just feel that I can't contribute in anyway and if I do I know I will ruffle feathers so it's just best I feel that I move on.

As I said it was a great ride while it lasted but this is my stop. I am pleased with what I did and brought to these forums and always will be.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki as you should be! Never close the door completely though - this place is constantly changing and so is your own situation, you know you’ll always be more than welcome here 👍🏻

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Dude - going to miss you man, sorry to hear you are leaving. Always thought you did a top job and was fair to all. I think we had different tastes in some games and our views on life but that is the whole point of having forums, to meet and engage constructively, which I feel we always did.

I feel the influx in the community and the increased engagement is because you helped create that space by being super vigiliant on the types of online characters who troll or waste time.

Gaming is going through a weird phase right now - I feel the console and manufacturer lines are blurring slightly. I split my time now between Playstation, XB, Switch and even Apple Arcade as well as my retro collection and as the generation winds down, I see less surprises making me want to lengage or get hugely excited about. I have also become a little less engaged with the drama around games that you see online. There are a few things that mean a lot to me in terms of monetisation, dev rights and quality games but to be honest, I think the case has been made a lot for these and the majority of people feel the same way. It is one of the reasons I like the PushSquare forum is that the drama is largely left out.

Hope you still visit and comment as and when you can.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Sorry to see you go. I'll keep periodically asking myself "What would Tasuki do?" because as has been said, you've helped set the tone around here and made it a safe, welcoming place to be. It's a shame that this has inadvertently led to your departure, but you've got to use your free time in a way you enjoy so I'm also kinda glad that you're self-aware enough to say "this isn't for me any longer" and make the break, and not get stuck someplace you'd rather not be. I hope you'll find something equally rewarding to engage with, and will keep fingers crossed that you'll pop back someday, if only to say "Hey!"

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@Tasuki Take it easy mate, your spirit will live on. Don't be a stranger though!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Tasuki sorry to hear you are leaving Taz. Thanks for all the support over the years and joining in all the early forum polls. Thanks for helping me with my gear in Diablo 3. You are a top lad. I've been put off the PS5 a touch too and know exactly where you are coming from.

The forums are you domain so without you the place will feel empty.

Take care bro.

Remembering the Tasuki ban hammer

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

@Tasuki I feel terrible that it's been almost a week since you posted this and I'm only now seeing it.

Man, thanks for all the time you've spent here. Being the longtime mod, you left a big pair of shoes to fill, and put up with a lot of crap along the way. I appreciate everything you've done here.

Have a good one.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic