Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,065

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah Have fun, I hope a least one portable console is travelling with you!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD That’s a bummer - I think your internship will give you a different perspective, which is something we all need from time to time. Take it easy and see you back on here in the future, I hope. You’ve always been a passionate member and it’s been fun reading your posts!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@KratosMD Wow. This is a surprise, my friend. I can respect your wishes and feelings, but I hope we get you back someday. I’ve appreciated all you’ve done with the poll and just contributing thoughts and ideas in general. You’ve personally motivated me and exposed me to different games that I probably would not have ever tried otherwise. And I have personally never felt offended by you and so I can’t speak to that, but I would say every one of us always has room to grow and improve as a human being. You need not feel down and really I hope your new employment is a great experience and you find what you are seeking. Speaking as someone who probably works too much, I would advise you to continue to play video games even when you get busy as a source of stress relief. If you burn out, you won’t do any employer any good. You’ll do great, so don’t worry. Work hard and play hard, mate. Adios.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@KratosMD Sorry to hear you’re leaving! I hope the internship goes well. Sounds like a good opportunity. I also hope you get an even better job soon.
And also, for whatever it’s worth, I’ve always thought you’ve been a great user. I’ve always enjoyed reading your posts and partially particularly enjoyed the time you were playing Persona 5. I’ve never thought of you as a disruption here, but another great addition. I want to say I remember someone getting upset at once, I think it was over something kinda dumb. It’s just a forum and no one was getting directly insulted.
So just know that in my book, you’re always welcome here. And I do hope to see come back one day if life calms down again, but life must take priority. Again, best of luck!

Jaz007

Octane

@KratosMD What are yer blabbing about? You've been here longer than most of us. PushSquare needs you. If you're working 8 hours a day, there's still 16 hours left for PushSquare!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah TTFN, have fun on your trip.

@KratosMD Glad you have found some work, good luck and hopefully it works out for you. Sorry to hear you are leaving us, I always find most of your posts a good read, especially the retro games. I find gaming and this place a good form of escapism for 'normal' life stuffs.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@KratosMD
Well, none of us are perfect, but the journey for self improvement and reflection are pretty much always worth it. Best of luck to you in those endeavours, I wish you success! And we'll see you again when and if you're ready, cheers.

LieutenantFatman

Kidfried

@KratosMD Don't know if you still have blocked me, but whatever. Don't be too hard on yourself is what I want to say. Personally I never find it useful to focus on what went wrong in the past too much or who's to blame for anything.

Everyone makes mistakes, especially in communication. Being mature in my eyes isn't about doing stuff perfectly, but rather accepting and respecting that others aren't perfect either. (I know that's a boring cliché!)

Anyway, good luck with your job. You'll probably learn a lot from it, and that can be a great feeling. Hope it will give you the courage to return here soon.

Kidfried

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD Good luck with your internship!

As for PushSquare...the site ain’t going anywhere (I hope!). We’ll still be here, when you’re ready to rejoin- hopefully sooner rather than later.
Take care!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@KratosMD First and foremost, best of luck at your internship; that's great news, congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time and learn a truckload, just as you're hoping.

As for your second point, look... I'm not gonna tell you differently, because nobody knows yourself better than you, but if you take away one single thing before taking a break (and I hope it's just a break and not goodbye forever) let it be this: writing all that out and seeking to be "that kind of person" proves, to me at least, that you're not only that kind of person already, but that you're genuinely a great person at your core. Sometimes we build up layers, to deal with certain situations or to get us through certain periods in our lives, but you'll strip them away and discover the truth eventually. I hope that's a speedy process for you. The very best of luck with it.

If the forum is too public, find some of us on PSN and we can chat privately, anytime, if you think it'll help.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@KratosMD "But I just waltzed in and started ruining the mood for everyone. And I know it's always been my fault because this is a pattern, it's not a one-time thing. This has been going on for a long time now. So until I'm able to behave more maturely and sensibly, I don't want to be here anymore."

Jeez mate. No idea who you have upset but I for one don't feel that way at all. Everyone is different and have different caveats to their personality, we just roll as always. You have a great taste in games and have given me some spot on advice especially with P4G. Thanks for the work on the main polls and helping out on the GOTY polls too.

Since last year Im in a similar situation to you now, where as I literally have no time to post properly like the good old days. I actually wrote a ditty in this thread about 6 months ago. Life can be tough (or some jam packed you barely have time to sleep) but don't for one second think you have commited a cardinal sin which can't be rectified as far as the forums are concerned.

With your own personality and realisation that you are doing something wrong socially. Balls to that man, you are who you are, try not to change due to peer pressure unless it's pushing you into something illegal. I don't think you have isolated yourself in any way here for what it's worth and without disagreements we couldn't have much of a discussion.

Sorry to hear you leaving.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

@KratosMD That really did come out of nowhere.

Honestly, I'm surprised you feel that way. Personally, I've never felt offended by you, and if anything I've never taken you as someone who would offend anyone. The only people that I consider toxic to the site are people who trash the writers or users, and fanboys. You haven't done either, so you're obviously gold in my book. I'd say you've HELPED the community, with the poll, always engaging in discussion, it's something I like to see, even if don't always participate.

As someone who tends to beat himself up for the slightest mistake, I understand how you feel. And I can respect your decision, since I kinda did the same thing a while back. If you want to improve your behavior, being social is the best way to go about it. Hopefully, your internship helps you like you want it to. And hopefully you return when you feel you're ready, you know we'll be waiting.

So best of luck to you. Don't be a stranger, send me a message on PSN if you want. Name's under the post, as usual.

And from one Metal Gear fan to another-

You're Pretty Good.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

I'm back. Thanks to everyone who wished me well on my trip.

I managed to read the entirety of Heinlein's Starship Troopers and knock-out a huge chunk of an initial playthrough of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness on the side.

@KratosMD Oh, wow. Well, I always enjoyed our talks. The passion you feel for gaming is plainly evident in your posts, and I appreciated our time spent together in this regard. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Welcome back! Aside from reading and gaming, you had a good time?

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Yeah, it was time well-spent. I did pretty much everything I wanted to do. Got a lot of quality time in with my family.

The eleven hour car drive each way is a bit brutal, though. I'm glad I'm not the one who drives.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Hey, just saw your message (my time on the site has been diminished as late as I go through all sorts of boring grown up stuff at work and home).

Firstly, well done on the internship. This will do you wonders from a career perspective, and can even turn into full jobs. Hope you enjoy. As for not improving, I'd disagree. You've taken a lead on the polls and even though we have no doubt disagreed in the past, you've always been polite to me. A difference of opinion is good. Too much of life is an echo chamber.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic