Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,065

Ralizah

@RogerRoger LOL I didn't feel like your last reply was excessively sappy. But then I've also become more comfortable with accepting praise recently. It comes with the boost in confidence, I guess.

Thank you! I'm excited to grow and change and become the version of myself I've always wanted to be.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KilloWertz

@Ralizah Damn it...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

HallowMoonshadow

Have a good one @Kidfried! See you soon!

Apologies for the late reply @Ralizah!

I've been alright thank you. Nothing too wild on my end compared to what's been going with you.

I'm real proud of you Ral and it warms my heart for you having the courage to take back control of your life and becoming the person you've always wanted to be.

Good on you and I wish you all the best on this journey and hope it becomes much easier for you.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s good to hear you’re doing better, we all have our own stuff going on so it’s totally understandable for people to take breaks here and there.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@Ralizah Maybe it's time for me to schedule a vacation...

Seriously though, I'm glad things are going better for you. I can let your love for Nintendo over PlayStation slide. lol

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KAIRU

@Ralizah You come and go more than the Karma Chameleon. Glad things are getting better for you though!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

oliverp

@Ralizha I also want to say welcome back Hope you stay here for awhile.

oliverp

RogerRoger

Not sure where best to put this, but "retirement" feels vacation-adjacent, so...

This might be a predictable surprise, given how infrequent my contributions have been lately, but I am unable to commit to running this year's screenshot competition.

Real sorry for the late notice. Up until this past week, I'd still planned on giving it a shot.

If anybody wants to pick up the baton.png and run with it, then please do so. Am happy to give tips based on past experience but, in all honestly, there's no great secret to writing a few rules, looking at a bunch of pretty pictures, and sticking to a schedule.

Tagging former judges @HallowMoonshadow and @AdamNovice to say a big thanks for your help these past few years, and to let you know why I won't be pestering you next week.

Also, thanks again to @themcnoisy for giving me the gig in the first place. It's been an honour!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Your screenshot competitions have been a joy to follow, and even for a novice like me to participate in. Thanks for your efforts these last few years.

P.S. I hope this doesn’t mean a retirement from all future contributions to our Push Square forum, routine or otherwise. It’s a brighter and more interesting place when you’re in it.

Regardless, you know I support you 1000% on whatever you need to do, my friend.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I figured this might be the case @RogerRoger and was actually going to message you about it.

No worries about not being able to do it. You come first and I hope you're doing well.

Being a teacher my schedule is pretty hectic this next month so... I'd really prefer the chushy judging position but if push comes to shove and no one else volunteers to take the reigns then... I might attempt taking charge just to keep it going. It's forum tradition at this point and I'd hate to see it absent this year.

No promises though.

If someone does take over and it isn't me... For the love god no "Comedic" category like last year... That was really rough and I'm not judging it again

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger that's a shame pal. But understandable nonetheless.

Life tends to run in cycles and in a few years you may want to run something similar, amongst the forums, or somewhere else.

Great work anyway mate. Always a pleasant surprise reading the forum posts and the finale article.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That's really kind of you to say, buddy, thank you! On both counts, but no, rest assured that you ain't getting rid of me that easily. My schedule is simply too unpredictable at the moment, thanks to some external family factors. From here to New Years, I could be dropping by daily, but it's equally possible that you'll see me weekly, or even fortnightly, in the same timeframe.

Oh, and because it's always been worth saying before, you're no novice! Your submitted screenshots were (and will hopefully continue to be) excellent!

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it! And sincere apologies if I've inadvertently ended up adding to your workload. Please don't feel obligated to run anything you don't have time for, and heed your own words: you come first.

Perhaps you could corral some of the regular contributors to the screenshot topic, see if they're willing to help out? Or tag some of the past finalists and other interested parties? I thought about doing similar, but got all nervous and stupid about the idea (and I didn't wanna seem like I was picking favourites or forcing anybody, yourself included in the latter... because it should go without saying that you've always been one of the former).

If my free time suddenly stabilises, I'll do all I can to support anything that gets underway.

@themcnoisy Huge thanks, my friend, and same to you! You're absolutely spot-on about life running in cycles, too. Change is great, but I also hate change!

Well, at any rate, here's to finding a better balance going forward. All my best to you and yours!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Please don't feel obligated to run anything you don't have time for, and heed your own words: you come first.

Touché Rog. Touché.

Well I made a topic about it and used your monster tag list of everyone who took part last year. No pressure of course to any of 'em but let's hope someone takes up the mantle who has the free time to do so!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

LN78

Anybody know where @PixelDragon and @Nessisonett are these days? Haven't seen them in a while. Hope they're OK.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Kidfried

@LN78 Yea, same. But it seems both their accounts are gone. That's a shame!

Kidfried

LN78

@Kidfried It is a shame. Was there a big drama between them that I'm unaware of?

LN78

Kidfried

On the topic of disappearing, I will take a break from the internet. I do this regularly, just to stay sane.

I can normally handle the 'casual' sexism and hate against anything LGBTQ+ in the comment sections. But now I just feel like I don't want to bother with if for a while.

Speak to you all soon, and enjoy Rebirth!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@LN78 Still lurking just can’t be bothered

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic