Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Feena sounds intresting

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

So the new update has dropped and the Regalia Type-D is LOADS of fun but on to the main issue, it seems the update HAS fixed some of the pop in issues, there is still some pop in but no where near as bad as it was (for example a entire mountain range just popping up out of nowhere) main things that pop up now are Shadows and lamp posts

hopefully with a few more updates they will all be fixed but it's a start

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo the shadow pop in is the worst I've seen in any game. They cut off and halfway to the horizon. It looks so crap they may as well remove all shadows.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah it's bad, i wouldn't say it's the worst i have seen but it really needs to be fixed, still that's one of the good things about developers being able to patch games

Nei

yeah trying the car! Edit: it's fun! Really a pity it wasn't available when the game shipped.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WanderingBullet

How are people getting negative time completions for the current Timed Quest?

Also can you adjust the camera when you're in the Type-D? When I tried it earlier it was quite zoomed in but I've a few images/clips where you could see the entire car while driving.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

kyleforrester87

The cars neat!! I haven't played FF15 in 6 months, how do you access the timed quests? Anything else new that's worth doing? Tips appreciated.

@WanderingBullet Yeah you can change view with L1, same as with normal driving and flying.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@WanderingBullet it's just the server updating and after a while they revert to positive numbers but that's funny lol. No idea about the camera.

WanderingBullet

@kyleforrester87 Cool, will try it later. For the Timed Quest, you just need to go to that area shown when you select Timed Quest and kill 25 Aspidochelon as quick as possible. That said, today's the last day for that quest if I'm not mistaken after that they'll add a different quest.

@Feena Oh, I think my quickest is around 5 minutes I think. Granted I'm still only at Chapt. 10 - haven't made much progress with the story bc I've been playing Overwatch, FFXV Timed Quests and sometimes for For Honor. Wish I had the Zwil Crossblades for this current quest. lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Nei

@WanderingBullet ok, I just found out...it's R1 to change the camera while driving! Yeah those blades help a lot...

@kyleforrester87 the new quest starting today is pretty fun, we get to take down a whole pack of Badersnatches (those T-rex like creatures)...if you want the Afrosword this might be a nice one to spam. It's near Longwhyte Peak.

edit: the new timed quest is actually made of four fights taking place near Longwhyte and that enclosed area in the three valleys.

1: vs Bandersnatch (Longwhyte)
2: vs Unicorns (Three valleys) - they will keep spawning for 10 minutes.
3: vs Catoplebas (Longwhite)
4: vs Treant (Three Valleys)

the trick to land a good score is to manage to do the unicorn fight at least 2 times in a hour, because every hour the monster kill count resets.

Spamming the quest(s) will give you the afrosword anyway in the end though, cause you'll get some points (30-40) for the hourly chart reward + the daily points the next day

Edited on by Nei

NathanUC

Man, FFXIV Stormblood is amazing. I love the combat changes in all classes I've tried so far and the story was very well done. Seriously, FFXIV probably has the best story out of any Final Fantasy now. I'd have to pull teeth to find anything to complain about in this expansion.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

kyleforrester87

Why oh why won't Square pull the trigger on FF9 HD for PS4. Its out there on iOS. A bit of tweaking and boom, money in the bank. Think it'll get some attention after FF12 launches - or am I being unrealistic?

It is the 30th anniversary year so c'mon Square, help a brother out...

(And no I don't want to play it on my Vita! Lol)

kyleforrester87

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Why oh why won't Square pull the trigger on FF9 HD for PS4. Its out there on iOS.
It is the 30th anniversary year so c'mon Square, help a brother out...

(And no I don't want to play it on my Vita! Lol)

And it's out there on Steam. I would love to play it on ps4 so much and it seems like a no brainer with how well the hd ff7 port sold on PSN. Maybe by Christmas?

kyleforrester87

@Feena Yeah I was thinking around November time.. but then I thought the same last year and nada!

It is kinda a bummer though knowing it's basically ready to go

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 yeah they put that big 9 out earlier this year over social media which I presumed was ff9. I reckon a shock announcement at TGS!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy Yeah I hope so, they did that with FF7 HD in 2015 (god that was a long time ago) and a same day release but there was a bit of a precedent there what with the FF7 remake trailer.

Would you actually get it yourself though you reckon? Can't remember what your opinion of FF9 is actually. I do know you have some weird appreciation for number 8 that I can't really wrap my head around

kyleforrester87

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@themcnoisy I do know you have some weird appreciation for number 8 that I can't really wrap my head around

Hahaha seconded. Though I know some people love VIII

FullbringIchigo

@Feena what's wrong with VIII, most people didn't like it because of the Junction System which was easy to use if you took notice of the tutorial

in fact it's probably one of the most in depth leveling systems FF ever had (YES I LOVE FFVII, the game was great even if Zell was just a male reskin of Tifa)

Nei

@FullbringIchigo mmm I consider it a good game but it is the weakest in the series imho. Let me rephrase it better, it is the one I like the least in the series. Story was nonsense and I disliked Squall. But I was just poking fun at Mcnoisy, any "worst" or "best" FF discussion is an exercise in futility - to each his own

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic