Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 3,694

themcnoisy

@Throb You never paid a tenner for last year's goty? Man 👨 that's a blunder.

Gonna throw this out on the thread but is P4G a better jrpg than FF12, 13 and 15?

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy depends on the person, for me personally NO but for others it will be

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 Final Fantasy 6 is great, but the age old argument of which FF is the best depends entirely on which you played first and / or captured your attention the longest. Going back to FF6 is hard, the world building is practically all done in your head.

Throb

themcnoisy wrote:

@Throb You never paid a tenner for last year's goty? Man 👨 that's a blunder.

I wouldn't say it was a blunder, i'm not really after it to be honest. I just saw it and thought i'd share the love. Plus, I thought Overwatch was the GOTY for 2016?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

kyleforrester87

God I want to play FF9. Ive been holding out for the HD release on PS4 for a year now. Maybe I'll crack and play it on my Vita :/

Untitled

Look at the whole crew! Such a great bunch of characters. Blank is under rated, he's awesome.

And I'll always love this coke advert:

The way the Knights of Pluto get shiny gold armour and Steiner remains Rusty lmao :')

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@Throb Uncharted 4 won it in the end. FF15 is brilliant though well worth a punt.

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 haha my thoughts exactly.

Tasuki

So I decided to dust off the ole fat DS tonight and play some Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls on GBA, more precisely the very first Final Fantasy (DoS is a collection of Final Fantasy 1 and 2). I haven't played the game in years and just felt like playing the original FF again. Sadly my NES copy's battery doesn't work any more which is why I pulled out the DS and GBA version.

Still a great game even to this day. I wish the FF series would go back to its roots.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yeah I have heard that from people about Bravely Default but I havent played it personally so I can't comment. I kind wish though they released those on the Wii U since I am not big on handheld gaming.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

anyone else play Chapter 13 Verse 2 yet, it was fun and it runs on the Episode Gladiolus game engine so i'm really looking forward to it now

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

the Free Trial of FINAL FANTASY XIV has dropped the 14 day limit now you can play for as long as you like but your characters can only get to level 35 and some areas are locked out

it's basically a type of F2P mode
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/28/final-fantasy-xivs...

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD no you don't need the base game purchased it is it's own download and as for needing PS+ well i'm not sure because i'm on PS+ so i have no idea if you can play without it best bet is to just try and see

also yes it's a fun MMO to play, i used to play it a few years ago but with less time and money to play games now a days it wasn't worth the monthly subscription i could no longer afford anymore but i'm gonna dip back in for this

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Tasuki

As interested in FFXV as I am I just don't have the time to devote to an MMO anymore. I have though about it but honestly if I did have the time, I would just go back to WoW.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

Playing the original Final Fantasy on the Vita.
At the final dungeon & in comes a classic JRPG difficulty curve.
Not only do you have to run through 9 floors that will test random things (count the number of bats standing still, walk in a pattern, etc) you also get timed, even during battle and add to that an insane encounter rate (2-3 steps).
Did I mention you have to sacrifice abilities just to get time (no flee, items, heal magic, etc...) ?!

Can not be asked to beat this crappy game. Thank god random encounters are no more.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight I don't remember the time limit of course the last time I played the first Final Fantasy and beat it was on the NES years ago. I started it on GBA but my son erased my file on that version when he was young before I could finish it.

My Backlog

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki I'm playing the PS1 port on vita. I believe there are some differences between the games so I'm not sure.
You have to sacrifice abilities to the 'light' to gain time. Once it runs out your HP starts to slowly drain, the enemies get stronger (I think) and depending on the floor there may be some additional screen effects. It's insane. Only managed to get to the 5th floor using near enough 99 high potions, before I succumbed to defeat.

Got to the final dungeon within 15 hours, but I don't really fancy spending a third of my gametime grinding for the last dungeon. YouTube it is .

@KratosMD I'll get to them one day. 99% of the game is a walk in the park- but that last dungeon. I can't think of anything like it...

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight a necessary evil of the past, but even more horrendous modern day.

I love lost odyssey, great game. But at certain points the random battles come every 4-5 steps and it takes an hour in a section you would run past in a minute at most. Same with Final Fantasy 10 when looking for key boxes end game, it's why I decided against going for the latter trophies. I saw a comment about world of final fantasy having random battles and decided there and then to leave it off my wanted games list. Random battles when used sparingly are OK, when they are in a section when you are looking for something in an area or against a time limit are infuriating!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic