Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc at least it doesn't have trophies like FFIX's, get Excalibur II (which means getting to the last dungeon in 12 hours and do 1000 skips in a row

now that one can well and truly jog on

@Feena did you get the platinum yet then and i think i know what you mean, it got to a point when i was doing it where i was just zoned out, like i was using Ultra Instinct or something

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Hahaha, FFX was the first game I bought on PS4 and I remember being stuck on that bloody race for days. Truly the most irritating mini game in FF history.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett it's definitely up there that's for sure

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo yeah I did! I will try FFVIII after P5R. Is the FF8 platinum difficult to get? And have you already dodged those lighting strikes in X?

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena VIII's is relatively simple although if you're no good at the card game you might have some trouble and there is a trophy for the Obel Lake side quest which some people today still don't know even exists that might be hard but otherwise it's not bad (i have this one)

as for dodging lightning i have not done the lightning doges yet i am currently working on my Blitzball team, like i said in a earlier post i like to do it one thing at a time

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Thank you for the heads up! I usually love card games so I hope I won't struggle too much.

P.s "purchased" FFXIV

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

so anyone been playing FFXIV while it's free?

ApostateMage

Heavensward was so bloody good. The adventure it takes you on feels like a proper main series Final Fantasy game.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

Has it not been free for ages though? Like a free 30 day trial then after that there is a monthly fee if you wanna keep playing?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder yeah but this is the entire base game which you would normally have to pay for with 30 days free, not the trial so there is no limits, plus i could never play the trial anyway because i was a beta tester and that meant i already had a linked account

RR529

I just finished Tales of Berseria this morning, so I should be able to get started on FFVII Remake tomorrow. I'm pretty excited 😁!

I'm still working on FFIX on Switch as well. I was hoping I would have it finished before XC:DE releases, but I don't think I'll make it. At the point where Garnet & Eiko transform Alexandria into a giant winged summon during Kuja's attack, and since my party members are level 26 max I know I'm not near the end.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Final Fantasy XIV just went F2P up until level 60 and the end of Heavensward. Essentially an unlimited free trial that could theoretically last you months and months. I’ve been dabbling in XI over the last few months but might jump over to XIV now.

Th3solution

@nessisonett So, educate me on this - didn’t they try this before with FF14 being free? I’m really confused about that game. I’ve not ever been into MMOs so I have a general ignorance about how the genre goes, but I do have an appreciation for Final Fantasy and if there is one that I might try it would be FF14. The monthly fee has always scared me off. But seems like they already said you could play a version of it for free, but it was some kind of base version with limitations of some kind. So is that different now? Is it the full game experience, with access to all areas, all quests, all characters, all equipment, all online functions, etc just with a cap to your level? I don’t want to waste my time playing something that is just a hamstrung version or one that is basically a demo that is there just to prompt me to sign up for a subscription to see more.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It used to be up to level 20 which was a decent trial but not that long in the grand scheme of things. This trial essentially lets you do anything in the game up to the end of the first expansion, without paying a monthly fee. I couldn’t tell you anything that was locked, I’ve never come across anything you can’t do due to a trial.

BowTiesAreCool

@nessisonett anytime I've checked out a stream of it it was seems to be a party (FC?) going through it together. Is it pretty much a no no if you wanna do it alone?

BowTiesAreCool

ApostateMage

@BowTiesAreCool You can queue for all dungeons/raids and it'll put you in with other random players once all the roles have been matchmaked (tank/DPS/healer). I played through it solo but made a lot of friends on there. It's a very good community, at least it was when I was playing. Great game.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@BowTiesAreCool Yeah, pretty much what @ApostateMage said, the matchmaking isn’t bad and the community is so nice that it’s easy to make friends. It’s not unheard of to do things solo and the story is surprisingly amazing for an MMO so you can totally get into it.

TheFrenchiestFry

Going on a Final Fantasy binge after finishing up Persona. I found my PSP 3000 I was gifted for my 8th birthday in 2010 along with my copies of Final Fantasy I, II and IV in addition to Crisis Core. I also managed to order Dissidia and FF Tactics from Amazon, while I'll probably order the JP physical version of FFIII on PSP (which comes with English text options from what I've heard) after I've gotten decently far into FFII

FFXVI's announcement has just given me every excuse to marathon the series properly for the first time, and a major convenience in that is that I bought literally every main entry released on Switch in addition to XIII and XV on Steam, and will probably jump straight into a new game of VII in the off chance I can't find FFVI Advance for a fair price online.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Heads up, FFII is absolute garbage. It’s basically Star Wars with a dose of “stop hitting yourself” 😂😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic