Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

SO question time, what dresses did everyone get on the first time? (i think pictures will be fine because many of the dresses were seen in the trailers)

these were mine

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo I’ve only just made it to “Walmart” so haven’t done that yet but it sounds like getting the trophy for having all nine dresses sounds like a pain seeing as it relies on three play throughs.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho not really, i wouldn't say this is a spoiler but you unlock a chapter select after beating the game once so that should make it easier

you should just be able to play the relevant chapters

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

I’ve just made it to Walmart too, gonna buy some milk and a shotgun.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

FullbringIchigo wrote:

SO question time, what dresses did everyone get on the first time? (i think pictures will be fine because many of the dresses were seen in the trailers)

these were mine

Untitled

i got the sporty outfit for tifa,the black dress with pink ribbons for cloud and the red one for aerith.

jdv95

Matroska

@Thrillho Well you'd probably do 2 anyway in order to do hard mode. Doing one after the initial completion in order to prepare for hard mode (e.g. level up, max materia, get copies of materia since materia and chests respawn each round you do a chapter again) and so on is a good idea, though you wouldn't have to do every single chapter.

With the dresses, you get one of Cloud's by doing no additional quests at Wall Market, one of Aeris' by doing no additional quests in Sector 5 in that chapter you go there with her, and with Tifa if you also skip the quests in Sector 7 and go straight to Seventh Heaven, you don't get the 'Alone At Last' scene and her dress choice defaults to 'mature'. In other words, one of the playthroughs would have you skipping through a lot in those three chapters. And you only need to do those 3 to log the dresses.

Thing is, there's also 3 different scenes you can get in Chapter 14 at Aeris' house based on affection points. So you'd want to also do any chapters where you have choices relating to affection, like Chapter 2 so you can buy/not buy a flower from Aeris.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Nei

I cannot seem to use the spoiler tag correctly.
Is it (spoiler)text(/spoiler)?

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Nei

@LN78 Thank you, very kind.

I have finished the game today! I loved the last "dungeon" area and the last few boss encounters. Pretty challenging.

We entered the Kingdom Hearts storytelling? Why Nomura, why?
I swear this man always keeps coming up with new ways to annoy me
We just wanted a remake. Also this makes no sense: this is bad for old fans that just wanted to revisit their favourite game and for new fans that will be completely puzzled by this ending. You can't just assume everybody has been obsessing on every FF side project...FUN OFFICIALLY RUINED

Edited on by Nei

Thrillho

Beat Hell House first go. I think I easily used more ethers in that battle than the rest of the game put together.

Thrillho

Nei

@Thrillho great fight! It took me 3-4 attempts to sort it out

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho It is worth going back and doing the Free Battles as you get a neat reward. Really easy too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo wrote:

these were mine

Untitled

@FullbringIchigo I got the same as you, except Cloud's dress looked more purple.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

That wrecked highway section truly is rubbish isn’t it? Those robot arm ‘puzzles’ were seriously more of an annoyance than anything else and took way longer than they needed to. There also just aren’t enough battles in this game, you spend more time wandering around than actually fighting.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I've had no issues with the complaints of boring dungeons and long unnecessary bits (like getting to the second reactor) but I found those arm puzzles a chore as they're just so slow and clunky.

I also found myself thinking that maybe random battles weren't such a bad thing as you could run around in circles to find fights rather than having to find the few and far between fights.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I thought perhaps the amount of battles was to make sure you were a specific level by the endgame, making it easy for them to carry that forward into the next one. Although, being able to replay chapters kinda renders that point void.

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho @nessisonett Corneo Colosseum is a great place to build up and gain EXP, you can go there anytime after you have done the initial story section and redo fights as many times as you like

there is also another place later on you can use as well in chapter 17

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I also got the purple dress for Cloud but had the mature dress for Tifa. Sounds like we did one set of quests in that chapter and @FullbringIchigo did the other.

And yeah, the Colosseum is a good place for farming. I only have the initial sets of fights but the one for Cloud and Aerith gives plenty of XP. With the materia to give you a starting ATB boost, Cloud’s solo one is a breeze using triple slash straight away.

I did like one thing during The Party Never Stops quest where the level of your materia gave you different options/outcomes.

The Honey Bee Inn was also good fun but no awkward bath with a load of burly men? For shame!

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

anyone tried hard mode yet?

i tried chapter 1: Cloud and Barret were level 45 both had powerful weapons and armour equipped and high level Materia

the boss kicked my ass

this is going to be fun (and i'm not being sarcastic this is really challenging so it's gonna be fun)

@Thrillho no but we got a pretty cool dance show instead

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Ha, true!

I’m obviously not on hard mode yet (damn you work making me go in!) but I’ve read the steadfast block materia is almost necessary, especially as the AI blocks so much. Healing materia that doesn’t use MP (like chakra) and abilities that absorb MP are highly useful too.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic