Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho having First Strike Materia on each character helps, when fully leveled up it allows a character to start a battle with at least one ATB gauge already filled

as for summons, one you get during the game as part of the story, one is a pick up from a area (but the game will let you know it's there) and the others are gotten by completing Chadley's tasks

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Oh yeah, I have the first two (and have done more of Chadley’s objectives but haven’t seen the guy for ages). It’s just the chance to use them doesn’t come up very often and the elemental effects of the other two I have aren’t as useful against the big bad robots.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Itchy trigger finger double posted that accidentally.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

mookysam

@Ralizah Yep, the characters look amazing and are modern while still evoking memories of the original PS1 designs. Cloud's hair and overall look is much nicer than the original Remake design (his hair in the 2015 PlayStation Experience trailer was a bit too David Bowie in Labyrinth). Twenty years ago the thought of games looking this good would have blown my mind, yet here we are - and Kingdom Hearts is finally Toy Story quality!

Perhaps Cloud comes over a bit Clint Eastwood in the later chapters @nessisonett. Spaghetti Western FF7 FTW.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

for anyone who was wondering DYKG did a video on FFVII Remake, i watched it and there are no spoilers so don't worry

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Matroska

@Thrillho The summon metre seems to have an extra chance to show up when your party is in critical condition, and also when you stagger a tougher enemy.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

ApostateMage

Just done that bike section in chapter 4. Bloody awful. I hope that's the last of those.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@ApostateMage It reminded me a lot of that annoying missile section from Bayo 1 mixed with some gummi ship from Kingdom Hearts. I wasn’t hugely enamoured with that section but I’ve never been a fan of that sort of gameplay.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

^Oh, really? loved the bike section. And the Bayonetta 1 missile/bike stages too XD
We don't speak about KH.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

nessisonett

@Feena Hahaha, the Bayo stages were really stupid and fun but I just don’t like the general on-rails feeling. I was hugely into KH for years but 3 definitely killed that for me. Plus it got too complicated for its own good and relied on mobile games to tell its story. I think that’s why I’m a bit annoyed by some of KH’s worse aspects creeping through in the FF7 remake, as an ex-superfan I only just kicked it out my system and recognise the many faults of Nomura and his direction.

JohnnyShoulder

I'm at the Wall Market, the journey to get there has been my least favourite of the game so far. I was so glad to reach it. Also, whenever I hear an NPC say Wall Market, I hear Wal-Mart every single time. But it is definitely my favourite area of the game so far.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

@JohnnyShoulder the only thing i did not like about that journey was the robot arms.

it did however make me grow attached to aerith. so i take it.

was nice seeing tifa again after such a while aswell.

jdv95

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I haven’t touched the game in a few days but I’m just milling about with Aerith and her kid pals. If the section heading to Wall Market isn’t that great then it just sounds faithful to the original to me! Honestly, looking back on it I’m really not a big fan of a lot of Midgar but I appreciate some of the more expanded sections here than others.

Ralizah

So, I ran around completing a variety of side-quests, got way too invested in mastering a dart board minigame, and then ran into a group of thugs who I proceeded to mercilessly batter. Honestly, this game has as much Yakuza in its DNA as FFVII.

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, when I was playing today, I heard Wall Market as "Wal Mart" as well. Made me do a bit of a double-take.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@jdv95 That is a good point about feeling a bit more attached towards Aerith.

@nessisonett I only remember bits from when i played it 20 odd years ago. Certain sections I have a bit of a flashback.

@Ralizah It only just clicked what they were talking about when I got to Wall Market. I thought it was some kind of subliminal product placement or something lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

@nessisonett Yeah, I'm not a fan of on-rail sections like that either. I was rolling my eyes at the baddie and all his innuendos at Cloud, too. I think Cloud looked how I felt - like, whatever man just get this over with.

@Matroska Ah bugger, there goes my platinum.

ApostateMage

ApostateMage

@Ralizah I never sat back on that stool until I made Cloud beat Wedge's darts score. Beat him with 6.

ApostateMage

Thrillho

@ApostateMage The trophy for the motorbike section should be fairly straightforward once you can do chapter select and then drop the difficulty down.

Thrillho

Ralizah

Roche is hilarious. And everyone in this game is so damn thirsty around Cloud!

Retried the motorcycle section five times now before deciding to move on. Keeping above 75% on Normal difficulty is incredibly challenging.

@ApostateMage Same. I don't think it's even possible to beat the score with less than v stuff darts, is it? Even getting 60 points each throw.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic