Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 3,696

Matroska

@Feena Yeah, true. Though unlike XIII you can actually revisit previous areas although the game stops you at certain points. Like when you leave the church with Aeris, initially you can't go back. Get to the nearby train station and you can.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Nei

@Matroska The level design, the Hamauzu music, the way you have to build up the enemy stagger meter and then switch to “big damage” mode ...all very FF13.

Darn I missed on some materia in there! thought they were going to bring me back there later on!

Playing chapter 9 is hitting me in the feels

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Matroska

@Feena Wait until you get to the Sector 7 support pillar bit. That was emotionally devastating.

Matroska

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska @Feena Guys, c'mon be a bit more careful with spoilers please. You know how to do spoiler tags, yeah?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

Currently up to the Reactor 5 boss which has wiped out my party numerous times. My only real complaint so far is the battle camera which doesn't always give an optimal view.
Not really noticing poor textures (not saying they aren't there, mind) other than Cloud's strange door which stuck out. DF have theorised it's possibly a result of the high number of unique textures being loaded at once. Occasionally noticing some slight pop-in which is a known Unreal Engine issue. The game is otherwise quite beautiful - particularly the lighting and main character models. The transition from CG to real-time rendering is so seamless I can't tell a difference. To be honest I'm so bowled over by this simply existing and being out I'm giddy just playing. The chapter with Jessie, Biggs and Wedge was great so I hope there are more completely new sections that flesh out the world and characrers. I like how it's anchoring Cloud and giving him more of a stake.

The new music is great. For a lot of tracks it's more inspired by the original compositions rather than being straight orchestrations. I like the atmosphere of the Mako Rector theme but in some ways prefer the heavy electronic, almost industrial sound of the original. They're very different.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam Yeah the camera will sometimes be in front of the character you are controlling, which is not the best. I agree with you in the music, I think it is superb. Apart from the jukebox tunes you pick up which have been mostly awful. But as soon as the music started in the title screen it gave me goosebump!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Phew, just beat Airbuster! Only just as only had Tifa with a decent amount of health left, Cloud unconscious and Barrat stunned. Her Rise and Fall is pretty lethal!

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder yes that battle was brutal!
Sorry I really didn’t consider anything that I wrote to be a spoiler - But I’ll stick to general comments even more

Chapter 9 is blowing my expectations

Nei

@mookysam I found myself enjoying the new music more than the old one, maybe just because I have listened to the classic ost so so many times and it’s nice to get something fresh. The jukebox tunes have been weird and kinda terrible, I agree.

nessisonett

Hip Hop de Chocobo is both absolute ass and a bona fide choon at the same time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett ha, my feelings for that track are quite similar.

“Oh cool, it’s the chocobo them tune alre... wait, what the hell have they done to it??”

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @nessisonett It is like really bad lift music. Prelude is the only one I've liked so far.

Nei

@Arugula Yes, it’s a nice remix of the original

JohnnyShoulder

Ooooh Aerith's house is so purty.

@Thrillho I just to relisten to it to remind me. Still sounds like bad lift music to me! I quite like Tango of Tears and Barrat's Theme.

nessisonett

I saw someone describe Barrett in this game as being essentially a Southern hellfire preacher without a congregation which describes him pretty well. I do wish he’d stop calling Cloud ‘SOLDIER boy’ though, it makes me start humming Crank That.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Matroska

Just want to warn you guys that in a few days you'll be having nightmares about doing pull-ups.

Matroska

Nei

I just left the sewers and they were pretty enjoyable, Idk why some people are complaining about them

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic