Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder @KratosMD i finished them all bar 11 and 14 as they are MMO's but i would say the game that has the hardest end is FFXIII, the difficulty spike on the final boss is HUGE and you don't unlock the final Crystarium Level until AFTER you finish the game and even going through and filling EVERY role up to level 9 (or 2 for the none attuned roles) which is the max you can get to before the ending he still kicks my ass more often than not

the easiest is VII's though, W-Summon Knight's of Round with Quadra Magic equipped and you can destroy ANYTHING in the game in one move unless you count X's of course as you have auto life BUT the whole point of that fight is that you have to do something that has an emotional impact and i would say the REAL final Boss is the one before

oh and i would say XV's is pretty easy too

if i was going to list them in order of hardest to easiest (not counting IX OR XIV of course) i would say

FFXIII
FFVIII
FFXII
FFV
FFVI
FFIV
FFIX
FFIII
FFII
FFXV
FFI
FFX
FFVII

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

FF V is the one with Exadeath who turns out to be An evil tree right @KratosMD?

KratosMD wrote:

I actually hated games like JRPGs and stealth titles with a burning passion. I had never played a Final Fantasy game before because they looked boring...

I know you said that in the purchase thread to RogerRoger... But I had the exact same opinion regarding RPG's in general!

When the PS1 came out and I'd finally got into gaming... I remember seeing the FFVII trailer on one of the numerous Official PlayStation Magazine demo discs.

It tried showing off all the "cool" moments like the train and Cloud on a motorbike... But all I remember was looking at it with my 16/17 year old eyes and going "Why's his hair like that? How is he holding that ridiculous sword? What's fun about going in a menu every five seconds?"

I remember seeing one for FFVIII not long after and basically saying the exact same things (Alright Squall has a normal-ish haircut at least but ya know...)

They just looked rather stuffy (despite trying to look cool in cutscenes) and incredibly boring to me.

And as I already said in this thread before I eventually ended up getting FF X-2 on sale for like £20 or so to give the series a chance.

X-2 was definitely the game that broke the notion that J/RPG or FF was stuffy. It's ridiculously campy or at least it came off to me like that 😂

The ludicrous motorbike looking airship, the magical girl-esque transformations for the job system or Dress Spheres, the entire opening sequence with the pop song and with the three girl party of Yuna (with her dodgy tattoo and trying terribly to be a bit of a bad girl), Rikku (just swanning about in a skimpy yellow bikini near all game) and Paine (Who is oh so goth) 😁

At the start I was admittedly laughing at it... But by the end... Ok I was still giggling at a few things it was doing but I was taking this more light hearted & goofy entry seriously

Needless to say I love J/RPG's now.

It only took playing what most consider the black sheep of the series 😅

Good luck with attempting FFVI again!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i think it does depend on when you played them for me FFIII was the last of the "Classic" FF games i played because it was the last released in the UK (by classic i mean menu controlled Turn Based games, basically FF1 through FFX) so by that time i had a lot of experience and understanding how these games played but going in number order i can see why for others it was so hard

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

WanderingBullet

Do you think FF7 Remake Episode 2 will use the Episode 1's save data? If so, assuming SE is making a PS5 version of FF7 Remake Episode 2 can I still use the PS4 save data if I get the PS5 version instead for the second game?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet no idea but i imagine they would as for changing from PS4 to PS5 well there has been no news at all the rest of the episodes are coming to PS5, people are just assuming they are but we do know all the episodes are coming to PS4 but as the PS5 is supposedly backwards compatible with PS4 i also imagine there will be some kind of save transfer feature between the 2 consoles anyway

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, it would make sense for them to do so only because PS5 owners would most likely rather get the PS5 versions if they're available.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet it wouldn't surprise me if the PS5 gets some kind of "complete edition" at some point either

HallowMoonshadow

I've played FF I, III, IV, VII, The first disc of VIII (I should go back to that at some point), X, X-2, XII (I have the Zodiac Age version as well but haven't fully played it) , XIII & XIII-2 @KratosMD.

I like X the most overall I think with XII in second (One of the best localisations/voice casts ever in my opinion) and X-2 being a close third.

And Persona 3 was my first SMT game. Got it on a whim from a review I read before launch. I was so lucky finding a copy of that anyway as it wasn't printed a lot over here but now it's even rarer... Persona 3 FES (The updated Re-Release) goes for £60-70 which I'm lucky to have as well! 😅

I thought so... Cheers @FullbringIchigo!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy lets be honest though if a Tree looks like this you know something is up

Untitled

of course it's their own fault, what do you expect to happen if you seal the souls of daemons in a tree

FullbringIchigo

CALLED IT!, i knew the FINAL FANTASY characters would turn up in the KINGDOM HEARTS III DLC
Untitled
Untitled

and here is the trailer

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD FFVI has an awesome soundtrack with quite a few memorable songs, glad i have the album actually

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD one thing you can say about FINAL FANTASY is that they generally have great soundtracks

themcnoisy

@KratosMD just wait until FFX and you get split up. Underwater with an underpowered Rikku and Tidus Noooooooo.

You also get split up in ff7,8... Hang on, pretty much every FF game post 5. I won't spoil them for you but they always fit the story. I quite like being forced to use a strange combination. I remember in one spot of 13 it forces you into strange team combinations which has an even bigger impact than a typical FF due to the fighting system.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@KratosMD Have you been to Figaro with Edgar and Sabin in the party?

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KratosMD Yeah, such nice little touches and quite brave to have such a big piece of their backstory be completely missable! Similarly, the slightly hidden ability to save Shadow is pretty sneaky for a game of that era.

Thrillho

mookysam

@KratosMD Kefka's laugh was my message notification tone for years. It made quite a few random people on the bus jump over the years. 😂

My favourite character is Celes. Amazing game with a deep story. The music adds so much to the emotional xperience. In the battle system I really like the unique skills each character has, such as Edgar's machines or Cyan's bushido moves.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@KratosMD don't ever go near suikoden.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I don’t want to cast shade on FF6 but I have tried 3 times and I can’t get past a certain point, after a key event, when the whole game just sort of falls apart for me. Every time I’ve really liked it up until that point which is a shame.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

And I knew I recognised the guy who voices Wedge in FF7R, I just realised it’s Jesse’s friend Brandon/Badger from Breaking Bad. Or I’m 99% sure it is, anyway.

Edit: Wikipedia confirms it is!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic