Forums

Topic: EGX 2018

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Rudy_Manchego

Hi all, for those in the UK (or willing to travel), EGX gaming con 2018 is coming on less then two weeks. Just wondering if anyone is going?

I thought there was a thread but couldn't find it so if there is one, feel free to direct me that way.

I will be there Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday. I will be easy to spot since the back of my t-shirt will have Rudy on it (long story). Feel free to say hello if you see me or fancy a meetup.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

I'd love to be there, unfortunately it would be a very long trip for me. Have fun everyone, whether you're wearing a shirt with Rudy on it or not.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Obviously everyone SHOULD be wearing a Rudy t-shirt but I have had a hard time getting the viral campaign to take off.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

BowTiesAreCool

I'm here. Luckily jumped in the Division 2 queue straight away, it got properly mental just after!

BowTiesAreCool

Rudy_Manchego

@BowTiesAreCool Have fun dude - driving down to Birmingham tonight, ready for tomorrow. I am expecting a lot of queues!

Tasuki

get2sammyb wrote:

I'll be there in a shocking pink Push Square shirt! Say hello if you see me.

Pictures or it doesn't count. 😂

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

Well EGX is over for another year and really had a great time. Without showing too much favouritism, my ultimate game was without a doubt, Dreams on PS4. I played three of the games that had been designed on the system and wow, they were different and just great little games. My mind was blown at just how this iso going to work but I will be right in there. Other than that, Metro Exodus was pretty and darn solid. Assassin's Creed demo was mind bogglingly difficult for a quick demo but looked pretty. The Until Dawn successor anthology, Men of Medan (I think was fun), I really liked Ace Combat. Got a free t-shirt out of Life is Strange 2 but fluffed the demo and missed the emotional beat at the end that everyone told me about afterwards. Starlink was better than I expected, except for the toys. The Persistence on PSVR nearly made me honk all over the Sony booth.

@tasuki Well I think I might have spotted @get2sammyb in a pink shirt on Friday morning playing Ace Combat 7 but a) I was like 40 minutes into the queue for Metro Exodus, b) I wasn't sure and c) I think it is illegal to take photos of people without their permission and distribute them online. Or at least that's what my ex's lawyer said.

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Rudy_Manchego

@KidBoruto Nah - no AAA announcements really though there are some exclusive game demos. There are more new indies that get their first announcement or demos at EGX but it is not an industry centrepiece like TGS or E3 etc.

I can tell you the beer is really expensive there.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.