Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 201 to 220 of 242

Kidfried

It doesn't really matter to me. I was always going to wait for the PS5 version.

I also really am anxioous for the state of the game at launch anyway, so maybe I'll wait even longer until it's been fixed up a bit (like they did with Witcher 3 as well).

Kidfried

nessisonett

I honestly think it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth to the staff at this point. Being reportedly worked extremely hard and yet still missing several launch targets makes me think that the ones in charge just shouldn’t have dated the game prematurely. Plenty games are a TBA until they’re mostly ready. Look at Metroid Prime 4 and Bayo 3, we don’t know when they’re coming but we can wait because we trust that the product will be quality based on the respective studios’ pedigree. Not a good look.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@nessisonett Bayonetta 3 is a good example, but Prime 4 has been in development hell, so not really a fair comparison

But yeah. This puts the crunch story from earlier this year in a totally new light.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried The goalposts keep changing for the staff as well. If it had released back at the start of the year, then they’d have had the traditional few months of maintenance while working on the PS5 version. Now, due to the delays, they’ve had to simultaneously work on the PS5 version while polishing off the current-gen versions. Throw in a Witcher 3 next-gen upgrade and it seems like they’re swamping their staff with far too much work. Crunch has its place in times of stress but they’ve created a state of perpetual stress for themselves. I just worry about the average employee’s health considering the crazy circumstances.

jdv95

tbh i realy don't see this game running well on OG ps4's and xbox one's without heavy compromise.

from the wording in the tweet about the game being almost next gen and the hard work they need to do to make it run smooth on ps4,xbox one etc,i realy don't think this game will be compatible enough with those consoles.

i'm suprised they did not ditch the current gen versions considering it seems that they made the game way to ambitious for that hardware. at some point they must have thought that they where making it to big for a current gen game.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

DonJorginho

CDPR CEO: “This situation is different compared to previous changes to the deadline. The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Where did you get that from? I don't see it on their twitter channel.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

So, yeah, as most of us expected, I think, it's the potato hardware holding back the general release of the game. They really should have released it first on PC/PS5/XSX and then launched the PS4/Xbone version at a later date once they'd properly downgraded it.

It'd be like holding back the release of a PS4/Xbone game because of the need to sufficiently optimize the Switch version first.

@JohnnyShoulder http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/info/2997307,highlights:-cd-...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder their latest conference call.

He also stated how the PC version is ready and the next gen version is doing good also, just current gen flaring up issues atm.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Yep @Ralizah linked the source (cheers btw). I think it is a bit of a stretch to go to 'current gen flaring up issues' from 'finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles' though.

Its hardly a surprise the lowered powered systems are proving more tricky to get this game working to their standards. It is an ambitious project, and covid and lockdown has probably thrown a few spanners in the works. Hopefully the game will run well enough on current gen systems, it would be a real kick in the guts for people that have waited this long on for it hit a load of performance issues.

They could have done better with how they worded the previous delays, by saying there would be no more delays. By doing so they have left themselves open to criticism when they could have been avoided.

I don't think they helped themselves by announcing the game 7 and half years ago. I get that they are a publicly listed company and have investors to think about, but I don't think they have done themselves any favours by doing that. Bethesda are gonna have a similar problem with the next Elder Scrolls game, and Nintendo with Metroid Prime 4.

People will be surprised what developers can do in the final few weeks, games can really come together even at that late stage. I think Corey Balrog and Neil Druckmann have both said something similar, with the latter referencing the delay of TLOU.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, I’ve seen enough business-speak to know that “finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles” does likely mean “Houston, we have a problem.” Not to say it’s not fixable. But the suits and PR folks like to shroud problems as “opportunities for improvement” and the wording like that. The fact that the delay is only a couple weeks though means it’s likely something small.

But yes, Kudos to CDPR for not rushing something out the door, a la Skyrim on PS3 which created headaches that had to be fixed weeks later. At least I hope the end result is that there’s nothing game breaking on current gen. Not that I plan to play this on PS4. Next gen or not at all, as far as I’m concerned.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh so Cyberpunk got pushed back for three weeks huh?

That's a shame but hopefully all the kinks get worked out! Not that I'll be playing it til the ps5 version comes out... And ya know whenever I end up actually getting a PS5

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Oh yeah I know they wouldn't say the current gen versions are a mess, but still it is a bit much to think that from what was said. I'm not that naive lol, just maybe trying to be a bit optimistic instead of all the doom and gloom that seem to be cool to do these days.

nessisonett

I’m calling it now, Cyberpunk’s current-gen version is going to be the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines of this gen.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder 2020 has eroded away some of my characteristic optimism. But yes, the sky is definitely not falling because of a 3 week delay on this game. These crazies sending death threats to CDPR need to get their priorities straight. We have plenty of issues in this world to give us concern and keep us up at night, and Cyberpunk’s potential poor performance on PS4 isn’t one of them.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Adam Kiciński‘s statement about crunch on the top and then his apology for that statement on the bottom.

Untitled
Untitled

Th3solution

@nessisonett I don’t get it. Is he apologizing for minimizing and invalidating their abundant extra efforts? Saying “a large portion of the team is not crunching at all” and “we don’t see any threats regarding crunch”? Is that what he’s apologizing for? Or is he apologizing because he actually admitted publicly that “some people have been crunching heavily”?

nessisonett

@Th3solution From what I can understand, he’s apologising because he minimised the impact crunch is having on his employees. Saying it’s barely anything and his employees are perfectly fine etc. From the outcry from staff members, it looks like crunch is actually having a big impact on their health and welfare and they really didn’t appreciate his statement.

Th3solution

@nessisonett @Arugula Ok, I see.
For him to apologize so abundantly (“I did it [commented on crunch] in a demeaning and harmful way...I have nothing to say in my defense...”) read as almost hyperbolic that it didn’t quite make sense. He sounds like a husband bringing flowers to his wife after cheating on her. You just never hear an executive grovel to that degree and I thought I was missing something. So now in that context, the crunch must be extraordinarily severe on the staff, for him to abase himself and eat crow like that. Interesting.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.