Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 21 to 40 of 242

Ralizah

@DonJorginho That's really good of you.

If you're doing it on here, you might want to check with the mods about that sort of thing, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DonJorginho

Yeah that is true, and ah its the least I can do, would be nice to give something to this great community too.

@LiamCroft how would I go about this mate?

DonJorginho

LiamCroft

@DonJorginho Hey! This is a very kind gesture. I've informed the team of your intentions and we'll get back to you when we can on the subject.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

DonJorginho

Well.... I guess the hype train is being refuelled?

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

I kept my pre order as I was thinking of waiting till ps5 drops, but as I will most likely not getting one at launch I think the wait would be unbearable.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I will be getting a PS5 at midnight launch in my local GAME but it depends if it comes out within Q1 2021 and if PS5 has good exclusives/launch titles.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Q1 2021? They are both coming Q4 this year? Do you mean a PS5 version of Cyberpunk? I do not think that has been confirmed yet, only that the PS4 version will be 'enhanced' when playing on a PS5.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I mean if they go down the route of releasing a PS5 version for more revenue mate yeah.

I would love to see CD Projekt Red allow for a free patch on day one with the PS5 to boost performance but I can see them releasing a PS5 version separately to really make the most of this IP.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho I'm replying to you here, seeing as you setup this up to chat about the game.

CDPR have always said that this is a current gen console game and looks like they are sticking to it. Although not beyond the realms of possibility, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they restricted it just to next gen consoles at this stage of the games development.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-currentl...

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder I just hope they go down the route of a free upgrade patch but I can see them repackaging the game as an enhanced edition to maximise new IP sales.

And I put it on Chit Chat to get more responses from people who perhaps weren't as hyped as we were for the game

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder Also the fact they aren't 100% certain they will meet the September date worries me haha.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho yeah I know September 17 is the new date that has been reported, but on my Amazon order it just says September.

In regards to the comparisons to TW3, that was 4 years ago; towards the end of a console generation devs are always pushing things to the limit of what a console can do. I really hope it is not a mess on a base ps4 as that is all I've got.

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder You use Slim or OG? As my slim is dead quiet even playing GOW or RDR 2 where as other users who use OGs say their console sounds like a Boeing lol.

And I hope that is the case regarding to hardware.

I am gonna bet that it gets pushed back to November for Cross Gen Support, and that Dying Light 2 will soon be delayed.

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho OG ps4. It is not too loud, but I have upgraded the internal hdd which helps a bit. My dad has an OG ps4 but a later model and is much quieter.

crimsontadpoles

@DonJorginho Going to reply to your chit chat post here. I'm unlikely to get a next gen console straight away, so if the PS4 version of Cyberpunk 2077 was cancelled then I'd naturally be very annoyed by it.

That's never going to happen though. The recent tweet announcing the delay mentioned that the game is complete and playable, and it's a bit too close to the release for the developers to suddenly turn around and cancel the PS4 version.

Ralizah

The Witcher 3 is playable on the Nintendo Switch. I think CDProjektRed can probably manage to get the PS4/Xbone version of Cyberpunk 2077 into a playable state.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

I mean if it does run badly still after all the delays, CDPR need to have a long hard look at themselves lol.

DonJorginho

INFO DUMP:

According to a Polish insider Borys Niespielak, the main reason for Cyberpunk 2077 delay lies in current-gen consoles, which are reportedly not powerful enough to run the game properly.

Last week, CD Projekt Red officially delayed their highly-anticipated RPG Cyberpunk 2077 to September 2020. The studio explained that the game is finished and playable but they still need more time to squash bugs and fix many glitches that are present in the current build.
This is probably one of the reasons why CD Projekt Red decided to delay the game but according to Polish insider Borys Niespielak, current generation consoles are actually the main problem for the developers.
Speaking in a podcast, which you can watch below, Niespielak says that the original Xbox One console is not powerful enough to run the game properly and apparently, Cyberpunk 2077 performance on the console is "extremely unsatisfactory".
Borys' sources confirmed that if "this problem with Xbox has not been solved by January 2020, the release date must be postponed."

Now, we would suggest that you take these rumours with a grain of salt, just like any other unofficial info but it would not be the first time that consoles have caused problems to CD Projekt Red. You may remember that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received a pretty noticeable downgrade close to its release, and apparently, the reason for that was entirely due to consoles.
As for the source, over at Discord, Polish players are pretty confident in Borys Niespielak, who seems to be as renowned as Jason Schreier in Poland

DonJorginho

Tjuz

The base consoles this generation holding this year's games back makes sense to me. They were already somewhat underpowered compared to PCs even back when they came out. I'll gladly wait a bit longer for the next gen to come around so that they can fulfill their vision. Seems a bit odd that it'd be only the Xbox One causing problems however. Aren't the PS4 and Xbone quite similar in specs, even though the PS4 has a bit of an edge? If they were still working on side quests at this point it sounds like it was going to be delayed either way though. I'm glad to hear that Cyberpunk 2077 will be shorter than The Witcher 3 too if the rumors are correct. The Witcher 3 sure dragged its feet at times.

Tjuz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.