Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,454

kyleforrester87

As much as I'd love to meet up with some of you (and beat up the rest of you) I can't even comprehend going round to my mates for a BBQ the way things are right now, so lets look into this from summer 2021 onwards!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I'm 39 now mate. If Im staying somewhere I am 100% wearing fresh stuff on the way back. None of this 20 year old wearing yesterday's socks and no underwear as I lost them in a rave whilst doing the naked can can stuff.

So we are heading into the peak of wave 1. How's everyone holding out?

Anyone close to you suffered yet?

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

There’s practically no meat in our local Morrisons anymore. You can buy a whole poussin for £9 but apparently there’s no chicken breasts. Anyone else had problems buying meat or is it just our terrible Morrisons?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett I don't buy meat that often, but I haven't seen empty aisles yet. People are still hoarding toilet paper and flour like crazy though.

When I do buy meat, I go to a butcher, they always have plenty.

Octane

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Finding it difficult to locate any eggs, not sure why there would be a shortage of eggs, it isn't something you can stockpile. I suppose a lot of people are baking cakes.

LieutenantFatman

crimsontadpoles

@nessisonett Meat has been mostly fine in my local Tesco supermarket. I just got back from there, and as usual they were out of rice, eggs, toilet roll, handwash, and flour, and they had very little pasta left.

On another note Tesco added arrows on the floor to indicate which direction to go down the aisles. However, most people didn't seem to be paying any attention to them though. People in general also seem to be less bothered about keeping 2m apart than they were a week ago, from what I've seen. That could be very bad as we get closer to the peak.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Heavyarms55

Question: I noticed the last several days in the US have been between 30 and 35 thousand new cases. Are we seeing the curve flatten, or the upper limit of the amount of tests than can be processed in a single day?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I don't know if this is just only trivial matters, my calendar April 2020 is Green color. Last March 2020 was Red color. I thought the "Red" month was the climax of pandemic and the "Green" month is the flattening phase. But if it was true, let's hope the "Green" color of this month will heal the world from the pandemic.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I don't know what color has to do with anything? Is that a religious thing? Something from your faith? I don't want to spit on your beliefs, I just have no idea what you mean or why the color of a calendar would matter.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Nah, it just my current calendar 2020 design. Doesn't have any relation with belief or religious things. 😅
I don't know if this just coincidence but my calendar 2020 have color patterns like this.
January = Mint Green
February = Purple
March = Red
April = Green
May = Indigo
June = Orange
July = Green
August = Purple
September = Yellow
October = Aqua Blue
November = Red
December = Yellow
My assumption for April to May 2020 we will see some light of hope. I'm not a paranormal but i guess we will get healed eventually.
Sorry for made you confused.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Oh. Well staying positive is better than panicking. I would like to believe we're reaching the upper limit of how bad things will get. That as bad as things are, this is the peak.

But the only other people suggesting that sort of thing, are the crazies also calling the pandemic a media hoax to take down Trump and let China take over the world and other such nonsense...

Octane

@Heavyarms55 The tests don't really matter in the end. As it's all about the number of new people requiring healthcare. That's a number hospitals can provide (if the tests can't keep up). They they don't report an increase in new patiets with COVID-19, it's working.

Octane

Thrillho

We’ve had no real problem getting food over the last week or two at our Sainsbury’s. Pasta and rice harder to come by still but got plenty in the cupboard. There is a national shortage of flour though. No issues with eggs either.

I’ve had no issues so far but, as I’ve said before, it’s been easy for me as I’m still going to work as normal. Enjoying the long weekend though and currently chilling in the garden with the wife and dog. The dog did not enjoy being blasted with the hose when watering our little garden

Thrillho

Octane

@Thrillho Fortunately I live in a town with a working flour mill. It sounds incredibly outdated, but they sell flour, grains and whatnot, and they have plenty.

Octane

Th3solution

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Question: I noticed the last several days in the US have been between 30 and 35 thousand new cases. Are we seeing the curve flatten, or the upper limit of the amount of tests than can be processed in a single day?

Who knows, since the reporting and numbers with this thing are all questionable.
However, if my understanding is correct, the testing capacity is only increasing in the US and is less of a bottle neck than it was a couple weeks ago. But some communities are flattening, while others are not, so I don’t know.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura Dude, if I could buy you a beer and give you a hug, I would. You'll have to settle for this virtual sentiment which, as you say, might be the new normal anyway.

Have nothing but sympathy for those looking at the latest estimates (no vaccine until September, full lockdown until then, partial lockdown lasting until Spring 2021) and panicking. Whilst some of us are quite content with all this, being pre-existing homebodies regardless, I think such a prolonged state of national and global tension is eventually gonna impact even the most staunch of isolationists.

Don't rush through your backlogs, folks. Keep them well-stocked. You're gonna need 'em.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

LaJettatura wrote:

If every citizen was tested in the US, I would have to say probably that half the population would test positive.

If that's the case than nearly everybody would test positive by next week (considering the exponential spread), and it would all be over in month or so.

It has to be much lower than that. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. Because it means that less people get sick at the moment, but it will take longer for everything to go back to normal.

Octane

Sorry, this topic has been locked.