Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,721

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I do recall the first inFAMOUS feeling rough anyway, but it was in an endearing sort of way which didn't really frustrate me, so I should be okay. Thanks for the warning, though!

Yeah, that was it. Unfortunately no platinum, but it's still got a handful of high-value trophies in its list. If you find yourself hankering for more of the series' gameplay someday, then it wouldn't be the worst way to return without re-treading old ground. Getting 100% of the list doesn't look too challenging, but there's a user-created mechanic associated with one of 'em, meaning whenever the game's servers go offline, it'll be unobtainable. Only a matter of time, given how badly Sony seems to wanna kill the PS3.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Mortal Shell - already had the PS4 version but as it was on a deep sale I thought I’d bite the bullet so that when I eventually get around to it, I’ll play the better version.
Salt and Sacrifice
Nobody Saves the World
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Enriesto

Miles Morales Ultimate Edition just came in the mail! I’ve had the ps5 since launch but never bought the game because I haven’t tried spiderman for ps4 yet. Now I have no excuse 😎

Actually I do have an excuse… need to beat Ragnarok first lol

Enriesto

Saint_Viper

Finally made the jump and purchased Elden Ring in the sale.

Saint_Viper

RogerRoger

@xeofate @Enriesto Hope you both enjoy your impending superhero shenanigans!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Just ordered Horizon Forbidden West from Amazon. It was only 27 quid so for that price I could not ignore it. Plus I had a gift card balance to use so it ended up costing almost nothing in the end.

It is only available until midnight I believe, so anyone else that wants to take advantage of the offer, get yer skates on!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

Cult of the Lamb has been on my wish list for a while and is one of the many games on said list on sale.

It’s one I’ve been wanting to play for a while and has made a few end of year lists so it might be the one I go for after Ragnarok.

Thrillho

oliverp

@JohnnyShoulder Oh congrats to the purchase. I have heard many good things about Horizon Forbidden West. One of my friends is a huge fan of that game. @Thrillho I certainly hope you will make good decision whether or not to buy Cult of the Lamb.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Thrillho

@oliverp My hastily written post wasn’t very clear but this is the “recently purchased” thread so don’t worry, the game is paid for and downloaded

Thrillho

Sam_ATLUS

Tales of Arise which was in the PS Store January sale

Sam_ATLUS

JohnnyShoulder

@oliverp Cheers. Hopefully I have left enough time from beating Elden Ring for not to have the experience ruined for me.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder It'd be your fault if the experience was ruined, not whether you've given yourself enough time after Elden Ring. Maybe I'm biased though since Horizon Forbidden West is my GotY.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd I've heard from enough people that they had a similar experience with what open world game they played after Elden Ring. The same happened to me after I was finished with Breath of the Wild. And almost everytime I finish a game I've been heavily invested in.

Obviously that is not going to be the same for everyone, but it would for me. I am pretty confident though that enough time has passed and played enough games to flush Elden Ring from my system.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Lavalera

I decided to get myself Marvel's Midnight Suns as a Christmas present. The game seem to go under the radar pretty much. I thought it was a card battle game only but it also has a lot of rpg elements like the mass effect games. So curious to see how much I like it. But it looks like I am going to enjoy it

PSNid: Lavalera

sorteddan

@Lavalera
Well I'd be very interested to hear your impressions, whenever you've played it enough to have some. It's been on my radar ever since I found out about it. Not sure about extra DLC characters etc coming somewhere down the line so I may personally be better off waiting for a complete edition in a year or two.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@sorteddan I think it is depending on how well the game is doing. Right now there is a season pass with 4 dlc characters coming including Deadpool and Storm. So we might get more after that.

I'll be sure to tag you when I'll post my impressions on here.

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera yeah I’m a bit interested in this one too. I love Marvel stuff generally but not sure how I’d find the card-based combat stuff. I’m thinking that I will give it a go at some point though, just might wait til I catch it on sale.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Story in video games is not really something I hold in that high regard tbh, so we shall see. I seem to remember quite enjoying the one in the first game.

I don't recall the last time I was that turned off by the story in a video game that it spoiled my enjoyment of it though. It is usually the gameplay that I struggle to find engaging and eventually become bored by it.

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Yeah at first I was hesitant as well since I never played games like Slay the Spire and don't have much experience with tactical rpg either. But after reading use reviews about it they got me. I'll be sure to let you know as well what I think about it

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic