Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 3,605

xeofate

@Black_Swordsman That's not a bad idea remapping the controls actually, might do that myself. I went with the Dex build of Breaker like I always do in souls games. For the main protagonist I kind of made him like an old greying Jin from Ghost of Tsushima. As for the other Blade Twin I made her like my pawn in Dragon's Dogma 2 which was named after my old German Shepherd dog Rusty

I've been in a bit of a gaming slump since beating Dragon's Dogma 2 but I think this game is going to change that, liking it so far.

xeofate

Max_Headroom

xeofate wrote:

I'm playing Rise of the Ronin currently. .

Black_Swordsman wrote:

@xeofate I just started this as well (RotR)

I am many hours into RotR and have enjoyed my journey so far i think its a better game than GoT but that's just my opinion.

Max_Headroom

Bentleyma

Decided to give XDefiant a try. I've been looking for a game that I can play when I have a spare 15 minutes and this looks like it'll be perfect for that.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

sorteddan

I've put in a few hours on Deliver Us Mars. The story seems compelling enough, the graphics and score are fantastic and the exploration puzzle gameplay is pretty much what I'd expected from playing the first game. The only thing that's getting to me is the jankiness of the character animations, it's like half way between cartoon and realism and keeps throwing me out of full immersion.
The spacey sci-fi geek in me is enjoying it so far though.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Just started RotR properly. Looks promising so far. Loving the combat.

Edit: Just beat the Prologue and first boss. Proper action rpg game so far.

Edit 2: Haha, didn't realise the second boss that you're meant to defeat was actually the final boss battle of the prologue, completed and got the appropriate trophy this morning🤣 . @Jimmer-jammer Now let loose in the world!

[Edited by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN]

"I cherish my thoughts and hold 'em exclusive, Confucius." - Ransom

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@xeofate Idk how it is for you but, also, RotR strongly reminds me of TW3 so far for some reason. I think it's related to the quest & leveling-up system.

Edit: Also ,the dialogue options which influence the story, and, inevitably, my build, of course. 🤣

Kraven

I’m currently playing Dragon’s Dogma 2. I’ve been playing for 40 hours, and I’m level 32 and have barely touched the main quest. I love this game.

Kraven

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Destiny 2. Not played it in a few years, and I've never really been able to follow the story that well, possibly cos I never pay that much attention to it anyway. It is pretty cool though when I've read up about it. The gameplay still feels as good as ever, especially the shooting which is probably one of my favourites in a FPS.

I'm playing solo which has mostly been fine. I did bump up difficulty to Legendary, as I found I was destroying everything. That made the horde sections too difficult for me, as you get dumped back to the start of the section when you die. So back on to Classic, seeing as you can't change the difficulty mid mission.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Where did you jump back in? Like at Lightfall, or The Taken King, or what? Does the game automatically know where you should be dropped back in?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NeoDave3

Not exactly a PS5 game, but I'm playing XDEFIANT a lot!

NeoDave3

xeofate

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN hah yeah I think it may be your Geralt build doing that The game has some clear influences: Ghost of Tsushima, Dark Souls and obviously the Nioh games. I haven't played Sekiro but some people have compared it to that too. I don't know yet how drastically the story will be altered by the dialogue choices but it seems like it would change it quite a bit. There's some real tough fights in this game, liking it a lot after 10 hours

xeofate

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution There are missions you play to recap and then I was put into Lightfall. Dunno if that was where I stopped playing last time as it has been so long, I do not recall.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

Picked up rise of the ronin in the new sale. I'm not good at it lol. It took me 20 times to best the first boss mathew perry, prompting the game to ask if I want to lower the difficulty. My pride held on and I finally won. Need to get better at my timing on parrying.

Elodin

nessisonett

XDefiant is XDecent. Slightly wonky hit detection and floaty physics doesn’t stop it giving me quite warm flashbacks to PS3 CoD. Did get killed by someone with a proper Xx_PU55Y5LAY3R_xX ass name too, brought a tear to my eye. Still a rubbish name though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Elodin Congratulations for making it through, proves that listening to one's pride can sometimes be a good thing to do. What difficulty are you playing on? I am playing mostly for the story, my character seems to be op on the easiest difficulty setting, haven't died once so far, I've almost reached the third boss, loving the combat/combat animations etc.

Qu1n0n3z

5 hrs into Stellar Blade and it looks promising with a few small issues but so far so good.

Qu1n0n3z

Elodin

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I'm playing on normal (middle choice). I like some challenge, as the elation of winning a tough fight is great. I didnt expect it to be the first boss though. Need to get used to controls better. Lots of hold r1, push directional and such.

Elodin

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Elodin I remapped the controls to a Dark Souls style setup, there's info on reddit, which I'm sure some Googling would lead you to, as to how to do it exactly. Good luck!

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so far!! It got even better for me as I went along so hopefully it does that for you too. For whatever reason, I didn’t get a notification on this tag so sorry for the delayed reply. Glad I read back through the thread!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Haha, glad to see you read back through it, too. Hopefully it will get better for me as I go along, too, nearly at the third boss, so pacing myself now in order to savor the experience, (the plat is probably a bit too much for me, so just focusing on the main campaign), as I hear there are only nine mandatory bosses, or something like that. I also mentioned you in The Music Thread, so you might want to take a gander at that topic as well! .😉

Edit: Just beat the third boss, he was pretty tough, used all my healing items to beat him, Perry was a cakewalk compared to him, took me two tries to defeat him, first time I've died in the game was to him, obviously, and made a decision that led to me getting the Glider etc. I think I'm in Yokohama now, which is apparently where things really open up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic