Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 3,564

KilloWertz

@Kidfried It was the combat style more than anything else. I struggled with that initially since Yuffie's is so much different than anybody's in the main game. Dropping it and coming back to it months later actually helped a lot. Like I said, I'm guessing being much further removed from the main game's combat style made Yuffie's less of an adjustment the second time around.

Story wise the DLC is indeed pretty short. There's a game you can play on the side against various characters. I forget what it's called, but it's their version of the RPG board game. That would add some time.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KAIRU

About to play the Lies of P demo. This is honestly one of my most anticipated games currently, so I really hope it lives up to the hopes I have of it!

EDIT: Editing because I don’t want to double post.

I’ve put a few hours into the demo so far and it has been brilliant so far. I can’t wait for September!

Edited on by KAIRU

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Bentleyma

I’m in the middle of two weeks off. Two weeks that were meant for Diablo IV. However I’ve found myself becoming utterly addicted to Final Fantasy XIV. I love how vast the world seems.

Untitled

The environment definitely feel more natural and less game like than The Elder Scrolls Online, which up until this point was my go to MMORPG. I do miss the fully voiced quests though!

I’m hoping I can pull myself away from it to finish Diablo IV, but we’ll see!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KilloWertz

After getting frustrated enough to take a break from the original Ratchet & Clank on my PS3 (I'll go back to it eventually, but having to restart levels anytime you die was getting annoying), I started Deliver Us the Moon. I didn't get to play it as much as I would have liked yesterday, but I like what I got to play of the first hour so far. It has been sitting in my library ever since the free PS5 upgrade came out, and with the sequel out, it'll be good to finally play this.

KAIRU

Still rattling through Diablo IV. Finished Act II the other day and have just been doing some exploring and side quests since. Getting close to level 50 and unlocking some Paragon levels. May start Act III tonight if all is well but could very well help a few pals with their progress through the first two acts too.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

MaulTsir

Played and finished the Demo for Final Fantasy XVI and I've got to say I'm not normally one for demos but that was as close to perfect as you could get for a demo. I was really excited for this release I even held off on Diablo IV for it but after the demo I am so stoked! The story looks like its going to be amazing and the gameplay was so so good! I genuinely can't wait for it.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Nice! I’ve been tempted to try the demo, especially since progress carries over, but I’m thinking I’ll just wait since I’m basically sold on it already.

It has been interesting to see a resurgence in demos lately with Lies of P and Street Fighter 6 also having really solid demos too.

Square-Enix has been especially aggressive with demos, I recall that FF7R had one and also Forspoken and Octopath 2. I wonder how much of a difference the demo makes, as far as promoting the game. In the case of Forspoken the demo actually ended up deterring me from picking the game up at launch. 😅 So it can backfire on the intended result!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

woollypump

@MaulTsir I played it through last night. Definitely piqued my interest despite never having played a FF game. I might have to try FFVII remake on PS+.

woollypump

LordBakemono

Bloodborne on PS5, currently stuck in the research hall

LordBakemono

Bentleyma

Decided to play the PS5 version of The Witcher 3. It still looks really impressive at times.

Untitled

The fast loading times are great, but gameplay wise it’s pretty janky. The world is still pretty immersive though and the side quests are second to non.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KAIRU

@LordBakemono Best game of the last generation and my personal favourite of all time. Enjoy it! If you ever want or need some help, hit me up!

MaulTsir

Sonic Frontiers, my favourite Sonic game was Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast although I must admit im not the biggest Sonic player, to me this just seems like a super cool upgraded version of those, really fun and I am enjoying the open world elements.

I am getting FF16 on day one so i will hopefully be done with Sonic by then or I'll have to pick it back up after

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@PixelDragon I’m playing Jedi Survivor too, and also really enjoying it.

How are you finding the difficulty? I mentioned this somewhere on here about it being a little unbalanced at times and I’ve had to drop the difficulty settings to get past a boss or a force tear every now and then. I saw you mentioned you’re well acquainted with the FromSoft games so I’m curious how you view this in comparison.

And are you having any performance issues or technical problems with the game?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@PixelDragon Haha, yes that is ironic about the chatter. 😄 It feels like Cal is more social and quippy this go-around. I find him still fairly likable and so I’m rolling with it for now but undecided as of yet about the story as a whole. I do feel that the gameplay is better in the sequel and overall more fun to play moment-to-moment. The improved (although still mediocre) in-game BD holomap has helped make exploration more inviting too.

On the subject, do you have a favorite From game? It’s a topic of much debate around here. I’ve played Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls Remastered, and Bloodborne and I’d say all are excellent but BB wins out so far. I’ve got DS2 queued up for later this year (depending on how things go with other games). I’m cautiously optimistic about it, but feel like I want to clear the Dark Souls games before doing Elden Ring.

Kidfried

Playing Monster Boy and it's... pretty weird actually. Not the game itself, which is in concept a pretty normal Super Metroid. But something about playing it feels just off, just a bit off. Like how the controls are close to being good, but they are also real close to being bad at the same time. The music is trying a lot on one hand, but extremely predictable too. And the level design is kind of all over the place in a way that the game feels like a fever dream. I can't really put my finger on it, and the game is good in most ways, but at the same time it doesn't feel right. Like a fanmade Pokemon game, you don't know why, but you can feel it's not real? I don't know.

I'm confused.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I tried that game but had the exact same feelings as you. Something just doesn’t feel right.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

What Remains of Edith Finch

I only had time to play the first part of the game, but the beginning was maybe a bit too weird where you're Molly. I'm obviously going to stick with it though given how good the game is supposed to be. I also need something short to play before Final Fantasy XVI arrives tomorrow, so it'll be perfect regardless.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz I am a bigger fan of walking sims than most people are, but WRoEF is one of my favorite games from last generation. And the ‘impact-per-time-spent-playing’ ratio is really high. I think I completed it in 2 or 3 gaming sessions over a weekend, although more prolific gamers certainly can do it in one stretch, so you’ll be fine getting done in time.

The game does have a weird vibe to it that takes some getting used to, but a few of the stories are quite heavy.

You’re playing FF16 at launch then? I’ve been planning to also, but am finding myself a little short on time so we’ll see.

KilloWertz

@Th3solution I don't mind walking sims and games along that line. I love the Life is Strange games I've played (haven't played LiS2), most Quantic Dream games, Until Dawn, etc. I'm sure it will click before I'm done. I did play a little bit more of it this morning before work and I did enjoy it more. It seems, at least so far, that the Molly sequence in the beginning was the only truly weird sequence. The way she talked about eating everything was borderline disturbing, but I've been good with everything else.

Yes, my copy will be arriving at some point tomorrow. Once I'm done with What Remains of Edith Finch, I'll dive right into FF16. Hopefully it's there before I get home from work so I can install it right away.

Voltan

@Kidfried @nessisonett If you mean Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom then I actually liked that a lot, got the platinum trophy as far as I remember.
There was another released later that was a remaster of an older game and I did not like that one.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic