Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 3,501

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger My only gripe with the controls was during hairy moments Aloy would sometimes grip onto something to climb on. Not what you need when a huge beasty or a group of smaller ones are breathing down your neck!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That literally happened to me this morning.

Luckily, it was during a battle in a Bandit Camp, so no big machines were nearby, but Aloy still got an arrow in her back from a pesky human.

Speaking of perfect timing, I also played the "Death's Door" mission and saw the bugged re-breather cutscene mere minutes before the yesterday's patch came along and fixed it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger Your complaints about Horizon's controls do remind me of Zelda mostly. Dang, Breath of the Wild's controls are unintuitive. And Link's instinct is to climb a tree everytime he sees an enemy.

Speaking about Zelda, the game's on a small hiatus here at Kid Manor. I saw a discount on Sherlock Holmes Awakened and really wanted to try. Two chapters in so far and it's surprisingly good. The original game was quite fun, but the new lick of paint does improve the overall experience.

@nessisonett I remember you have played most Sherlock games. Played this one yet?

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Ah yes, Rog Hall's sole occupant saw you playing Sherlock Holmes earlier and wondered how it was going. Glad it's off to a good start, and hope it continues to impress!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I always forget people can snoop on me, just as I snoop on them!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Yep, we got my mum that one for her birthday and played it together over a week or two. I thought it was pretty good, darker than expected too! There was a little bit of ‘what now’ during the asylum section and wandering around was very confusing but it was great overall.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger @Kidfried Complaints about traversal aside, I'd say the controls are still better than Breath of the Wild's. It's not so much the controls themselves, aside from having Circle be used for jumping behind yourself.. It's the fact that they made the process of climbing and jumping overly complicated, as if you could just climb everything like you can in open world Assassin's Creed, things would be easier. It's incredibly annoying at times to be climbing up something, but then not be able to climb all the way to the top just because Guerrilla said so even though Aloy could easily keep going.

In Breath of the Wild, you can sometimes have to hold onto buttons and move around menus just to go through your weapons and ammo. I can only imagine how absurd that would be with the joy-cons as opposed to the Pro controller. Things that should be simple to do aren't, and it's made even worse when you are in the middle of a battle with things breaking on you. Immortals Fenyx Rising is so much easier to play than Breath of the Wild (talking about gameplay, not difficulty).

I'm glad that you are having so much fun with Forbidden West in spite of a few issues. My score would be roughly the same, as it is still clearly my game of the console generation so far.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

AndyKazama

I've just finished playing Ys IX and I need to start a new digital game from PS + (because I cannot be bothered swapping out my Prodeus disc every time I want to swap games.)

For some reason Bus Simulator 21 is calling to me. Can anyone recommend or give thoughts on it? Feel free to @ me in replies so I get alert.

Nb. if you haven't played a Ys game before, start with VIII, even though most stories are self contained, IX is a real let down compared to VIII

AndyKazama

KAIRU

Diablo IV.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

KilloWertz

@KAIRU Somebody just snuck back onto the forums...

sorteddan

@KilloWertz
Shhhh. Stay calm and act natural, we don't want to startle them.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KAIRU

@KilloWertz Yep. Unlike some, I don’t feel the need to announce my comings and goings like a pompous buffoon. Though, in saying that, I’m not that important around here. Good to see you again though, pal.

@sorteddan ‘Them’? Didn’t know there was more than one of me. 😉

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

sorteddan

@KAIRU
In my imagination you were a cat that had snuck back into the room. @Katru

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KilloWertz

@KAIRU What's wrong with being a pompous buffoon? And when did we become pals?

Seriously though, good to see you around here again too.

KAIRU

@sorteddan I’m not that sneaky, unfortunately. 😅

@KilloWertz Well, we are pals on PSN, no? 👀

KilloWertz

@KAIRU Yeah, I guess so.

Th3solution

@KAIRU Welcome back, buddy! 😄 Good to see your presence again. In addition to Diablo what have you been playing lately? Any good gaming experiences?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KAIRU

@Th3solution Thank ya, pal.

Not been playing much outside of Diablo IV lately, to be honest. Mostly Splatoon 3. I did pick up Breath of the Wild to see what all the fuss is about as well.

How about yourself? (Maybe I shouldn’t ask here; don’t want to potentially derail the thread.)

carlos82

I've been playing Street Fighter 6, really enjoying all the single player content and I'm loving rhe inclusion of classic aracde games in its Playstation Home style hub. I even ventured online expecting to lose but won a few matches, I can't say I'm keen on the Dualsense for these kinds of games so have an adapter for may arcade stick on the way. A great game though

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Th3solution

@KAIRU Well, I think this is the right place for such discussions 😄
So yeah, as far as what I’ve been playing over the last few months, my major games have been Jedi Survivor recently, Hogwarts Legacy before that, and a few smaller games in between like Tacoma, and Tchia. All have been enjoyable in their own way.

I’ve never played a Diablo game. It looks curious and there’s quite a hubbub about this new one.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic