Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 241 to 260 of 3,448

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Immortals Fenix Rising and it has been good fun. Quite easy going now that I've unlocked a few more abilities and increased my stamina and health. I started off in quality mode which was fine but when I switched to performance mode and then eventually back again, my god did the game feel sluggish to play! It looks gorgeous enough in performance mode that I don't mind missing out on stuff like slightly better lighting effects.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I've heard its good, I enjoyed Breath of the Wild and ive heard I:FR is very similar so I'm quite excited to play it.

If you've played BotW, how would you compare it in terms of quality?

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah I loved BOTW and it does feel like a more polished BOTW in terms of graphics and general presentation. The characters in Immortals I don't like that much as I find them all quite annoying, so I prefer how they were handled in BOTW. In terms of gameplay there is no weapon stability and the survivalist stuff is very light, and you a free to upgrade your character how you want. So most of that is just down to individual preferences and what you like.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

I liked Immortals a lot. The dialogue/narration borders on cringe sometimes but I actually enjoyed it for the most parts. Otherwise it's a well executed open world game with exploration, combat and puzzles.

I just finished the first DLC last night (fair warning: if you're one of those people who thought vaults were the worst part of the main game, do not get "A New God", you'll hate it - luckily I always liked them) and I'm going to start the second one tonight.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder hmm, well the weapon stability was one of the few things that annoyed me, so I'm already even more keen on I:FR for ditching that.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a little loathe to start a PS5 game when I still have PS3 games to clear out of the log-jam... but I have quite fancied playing I:FR since it was released (and I have it sitting there on my shelf... looking all greek-mythy). I might have to make some time for it.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I think it's on sale now too (although tbh it seems like it's been on sale all the time almost since launch)

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah I managed to grab it for £25 a couple of months after its release. I do find ubisoft games seem to get reduced more than pretty much any other publishers games.

Which is fine by me, as although their often the whupping-boys for a lot of gamers, I enjoy quite a lot of their output.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Looking all Greek myth-y eh? Are you a GoW fan? The reboot was definitely a Souls-like 😉 .Although that's obviously more Norse mythology, did you like the original GoW games on PS3?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah you are boring me now with this talk of your schedule! 😂

I didn't mind the weapons breaking in BOTW so much as there were so many to be found. For Immortals there are less frequently found and they feel less unique from each other. Like I have several weapons, they may have different stats but they all feel the same to use.

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman I wouldn't class God Of War 2018 as Souls-like. The combat may have been a bit similar, but I didn't get that feeling from it at all when I played it.

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima Yeah, it’s 100% not a Souls-like and I think you’re spot on with the comparisons to the Arkham games. Like a sorta ‘Metroidvania-lite’ approach to revisiting areas with new methods of traversal and upgrades.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I'm slowly playing through the old GoW games atm, so far I've played GoW, GoW2, GoW:CoO & GoW:GoS. I'm enjoying them, obviously they're nowhere near GoW2018 in any regard bit fun nonetheless.

@JohnnyShoulder I'm kinda trolling you with the schedule at this point 😜.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Jecht_Ultima @nessisonett so I agree with you both that it’s not a souls-like but I disagree about it playing like the free form combat of the Arkham games. Obviously everyone’s opinion is valid but I hate free form combat (Arkham combat where you get a vision alert above an attackers head which is a prompt to hit the block/counter button) but I love the combat in God of War 2018.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Well I wasn’t really talking about the combat in that sense. More that the structure of the game and the interconnected areas are similar.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett ahh, I get ya. Now you’ve said that, I agree in terms of the structure etc... had never really considered it before but the 3D metroidvania-esque aspects of Arkham Asylum are definitely similar to God of War 2018. Imho, the minute-to-minute gameplay (the combat) of GoW2018 elevates it well above though.

**** DLC!

Voltan

I thought combat in Arkham was awesome and apparently so did all the other game developers because a ton of games tried to do a similar thing afterwards (and it worked).

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Jecht_Ultima @Voltan I’m not saying your wrong guys but it’s just a personal pet-peeve of mine that so many games of the last generation adopted that particular brand of combat. It was the one thing that I didn’t like about The Witcher 3... and ultimately put me off finishing it.

Don’t take this the wrong way, I just personally find free-form combat very very easy. Not trying to big myself up or anything like that but it just doesn’t take much focus or skill. As a result I find any game that features it a bit boring.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Honestly I’m even more bored of bad Souls copycats. Mortal Shell is downright not good and part of that was them copying Souls stuff badly. Freeform combat is at least hard to copy badly, it generally is serviceable at worst.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett well as i alluded to in my posts, it comes down to personal taste. I made a point of saying to the free-form advocates that they weren’t wrong... it’s just my opinion that free-form is a monotonous chore. It is also just my opinion that souls-like combat is not. We’ve seemed to be doing the same dance on personal opinions since I’ve been on here... me saying that we’re all entitled to them and you poking the bear.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic