Forums

Topic: Rumoured PS5 reveal date of 5/2/2020

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Deanvon01

It’s rumoured online that Sony are about to unveil the PlayStation 5 in its event which is being held in New York. Several sites are offering little bits of info that would suggest that February 5th is the target date for the unveiling. This would coincide with the previous unveiling of the PS4 which also happened in February, and go along with the celebrations by Sony of the timescale of how long they have been around with the PlayStation. If this is true it could make February 2020 an absolutely monumental month in the gaming industry, also one of the sites quoted a few things about this release including Sony’s new motto for the PS5 which is “It’s time to play” then as if by magic and actually corroboration of this statement Sony have actually released a tweet on their twitter page with the exact same quote........”It’s time to play”.........whoo hoo! This is exciting indeed

Deanvon01

Grindagger

I read this rumour as well.

The origin is from 4chan, so I still hold some amount of skepticism. However, having said that, as you said, they did mention the new slogan in their original post, and this aligned with the Sony announcement, so it could well be a reveal.

If you look at the situation, Sony are probably already feeling the pressure to fully announce the console, and let loose all the juicy morsels for the internet to analyze down to the bone. I do simultaneously wonder if they'll continue to play the waiting game to see what Microsoft have up their sleeve.

Historically, in the beginning of this generation, one could argue that Microsofts decision to make a "only online" console, had severe repercussions on this generation as a whole for them, and Playstations follow up after that gaff from Microsoft, went on to give Sony the iron grip they've continued to have throughout the entire period of this generation.

It's tense times, and I'm sure both tech companies are holding their cards close to their chests, in anticipation for which of them are going to be able to come out of the gates firing on all cylinders.

Grindagger

DonJorginho

This has already been debunked as the Time To Play slogan was out 2 months before the leak I believe with the promotional video on Youtube.

This could still be true and I think a reveal will happen in Feb just unsure on the rest, especially as Corey Balrog has said he wants to make something new and original next so maybe that Sci-Fi IP they scrapped?

DonJorginho

PSVR_lover

A May release would be amazing! Hopefully we’ll learn more later this month.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

JohnnyShoulder

@PSVR_lover A May release for the PS5? Sony have confirmed it is coming Holiday 2020, they just haven't set an exact date yet.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KountUpDragFap0

Thinking about the PS5 the design output is a issue it's just plain hugely only the PS4 can look that interesting and expensive

KountUpDragFap0

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.